ESET NOD32 AV 7upgrade problem

rudrax

Today I checked for ESET NOD32 program update and found v8 available. I downloaded the update through the program itself. It downloaded the program and started the installation. But the installation doesn't complete. The installtion windows start with the progress bar moving forward and after sometime the progress bar moves backward and exits the AV. After restart, it's v7 again. Downloaded again clearing the update cache. Didn't help.

I know downloading and installing a fresh copy of v8 will do the job. I know it so don't suggest me that. I just want to know that if anyone else have encountered this problem and came up with a solution.

• Replies 12
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No need of fresh install.. just download and install over the previous version.. :P

When installing v8, did you turn on your internet or not ?

Obviously the internet connection is ON throuhout the process.

I had this issue sometimes, it's almost better to proceed for a clean installation, the issue you probably getting is registry issues and overwriting over previous installation... and maybe you did not un-fixed the mara-fix before upgrading, sometimes I had to uninstall, delete the ESET registry leftovers (Manually) to install a newer version

Today I checked for ESET NOD32 program update and found v8 available.

Big mistake observed to be committed frequently by little n00bs. :tehe:

You know well that this is the official way in which the upgrade is supposed to be done. I just wanna know - why did this method fail?

You know well that this is the official way in which the upgrade is supposed to be done. I just wanna know - why did this method fail?

There is a great deal of structural differences between the V8 and the V7 and hey - this not the official way an upgrade is supposed to be done. h3uXN07.gif

There is a great deal of structural differences between the V8 and the V7 and hey - this not the official way an upgrade is supposed to be done. h3uXN07.gif
Accepted that V8 is completely different structure from v7. If the process I tried wasn't supposed to be that way, then why ESET would prompt me for the upgrade on my check and download a 16.8 MB .nup file and installs the file but fails at last? If ESET knows already that the process won't happen that way then why are they letting it happen?

Accepted that V8 is completely different structure from v7. If the process I tried wasn't supposed to be that way, then why ESET would prompt me for the upgrade on my check and download a 16.8 MB .nup file and installs the file but fails at last? If ESET knows already that the process won't happen that way then why are they letting it happen?

Plenty of folks used to register at the ESET forums just to whine about the incapability to update from within the program - so, ESET went about creating an asylum for those lunatics (they probably never expected . . . . . . . . . . . . you to drop by.) :lmao:

I think that NOD check for new version online and inform you about new version to download, when downloaded Setup will automatically uninstall old version and install fresh new version...
That supposed to be normal procedure...

Archived