Office 2007 vs. 2010 vs. 2013?

Bu7ch

• Replies 30
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that's a hard choice.....

if running Win XP -> 2007. it's light and does everything that's need. (also provided every basic function for any task)

running Win 7 -> 2010 (i think that merge's better with the OS UI) instead of 2013, despite both appear nice tools for the OS

running Win 8.1 -> 2013 (the cloud merge between OneDrive and Office 2013 may prove a nice addition)

2013. Newer crap = less updates to suffer through on clean installs. Not to mention SP1 baked right into the ISO without post-install application of MSP files in the updates folder.

Ballistic Gelatin

I updated to Office 2013 last year. But the garish, white/gray themes are difficult on the eyes. Given a second chance, I would revert back to Office 2010 until Office 2015 (aka Office 16) is officially released next year with the 'new' Dark Theme.

I use Office 2013. However, I can understand why one would use Office 2010 with the poor font rendering that some people experience with Office 2013.

yes, I also think that office 2013 is very painful for the eyes.
actually, my opinion is that this version is a complete UI disaster.
I've tried it on Windows 8.1 but as soon as I realized that Outlook looks especially awful, and this cannot be alleviated even with the "darkest" theme, I uninstalled it with relief...and some cursing.
(especially Outlook - it's so white everywhere, it immediately causes pain to your eyes).

I am happily using Office 2010 SP2 on Windows 8.1. It works stably, no problems whatsoever.

-pdf import/editing...just use Acrobat Pro or other solution.

sure, if a decent dark theme gets available in v2015...I'd check it.

Just like Beamslider said office 2013 is too ugly for my taste (windows 8 look on windows 7, no way John :D ).

Office 2010 perfect solution for all my needs, at least for now :D .

Airstream_Bill

WPS Office 2014, Beta 3 ver.9.1.0.4759 FREE, Looks and Works Great!

WPS Office 2014, Beta 3 ver.9.1.0.4759 FREE, Looks and Works Great!

yeah that tooo smallest size just 60-70mb

Just now tried it and will stcik to it

Regards

Archived