American personal freedom now ranks below 20 other countries...

humble3d

American personal freedom now ranks below 20 other countries...

Personal_Freedom_Rankings.jpg

Americans' assessments of their personal freedom have significantly declined under President Obama, according to a new study from the Legatum Institute in London, and the United States now ranks below 20 other countries on this measure.

The research shows that citizens of countries including France, Uruguay, and Costa Rica now feel that they enjoy more personal freedom than Americans.

As the Washington Examiner reported this morning, representatives of the Legatum Institute are in the U.S. this week to promote the sixth edition of their Prosperity Index. The index aims to measure aspects of prosperity that typical gross domestic product measurements don’t include, such as entrepreneurship and opportunity, education, and social capital.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/under-obama-u.s.-personal-freedom-ranking-slips-below-france/article/2556322

• Replies 19
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and where is russia and china on this list i would also suggest that the makers of this list purposely stacked the way they look at it to rank the usa down so low..last time i checked you can still stand on a soap box and tell everyone you want that you hate the president or the police or the army or your mayor or that you just hate... try that in any of the countries in the world that are communist or or run by religious dictators russia, china and iran spring to the top of list for this thought

and where is russia and china on this list i would also suggest that the makers of this list purposely stacked the way they look at it to rank the usa down so low..last time i checked you can still stand on a soap box and tell everyone you want that you hate the president or the police or the army or your mayor or that you just hate... try that in any of the countries in the world that are communist or or run by religious dictators russia, china and iran spring to the top of list for this thought

It's the Washington Examiner. The "news" there is so slanted it makes the Tower of Pisa look vertical.

thought maybe it was infowars or something similar

Not quite so batshit insane. Just part of the Conservative Echochamber™, there to disseminate the day's dose of fear and outrage.

For those wondering why China and Russia aren't on the list, it only goes to 26. I imagine the Russians and Chinese would be quite a ways down.

Don't know why the prosperity index was posted though.

Snap3_zps1c781016.png

"The ranking is based on a variety of factors including wealth, economic growth, education, health, personal well-being, and quality of life". I don't see anything about "personal freedom". I DO see "health", "personal well being", and "quality of life" and can think of one thing that affects all three factors that every other country in the top 15 has that the U.S. lacks: single payer health care.

For those wondering why China and Russia aren't on the list, it only goes to 26. I imagine the Russians and Chinese would be quite a ways down. Don't know why the prosperity index was posted though.

Because it was the study mentioned in the article. What does it have to do with "personal freedom"? Doesn't matter, so long as it's Obama's fault.

i'm surprised it's even in the list ¬¬

ya know... with US, being the pinnacle of personal freedoms and all that horseshit people let themselves be spoon fed

glad to be a canuck and living in canada.....but any of the people living in america and thinking they have it bad...well go try and live almost anywhere else and then try to speak out about how your new government treats it own people...in almost all other (other than free democracies) countries nobody has it as good when it comes to real freedoms...i personally know people that escaped from the iron curtain when it was up..they still cannot get over the fact they can wake up every day and just decide to fly anywhere in Canada or the world for that matter, walk up to cop and ask directions...where they came form you could not do that...i also know people that lived under repression ...as in at any moment rebels OR government forces could at any time show up and dispose of their entire families unbelievably brutal ways. I also have personal friends who have family members who survived nazi germany and the concentration camps...so think hard hn you whine about things...you do not know how lucky you are to not have to live and survive as most people in this world have to

Freedom...Democracy...words found in books; not real world...

well so is religions, and people still kill each other over it..

Freedom...Democracy...words found in books; not real world...

well so is religions, and people still kill each other over it...

"Religious" acts, indeed...

Archived