Laser watch burns through objects across room...

humble3d

Laser watch burns through objects across room...

James Bond-inspired LASER WATCH will burn through objects from a distance

Hobbyist Patrick Priebe has created a terrifyingly awesome laser watch that will burn through objects from afar

The Apple Watch is already obsolete and it isn't even in the shops yet.

The reason is simple – it doesn't contain a laser that can actually burn stuff.

If that's what you're looking for in a smartwatch, forget about Apple and look towards the work of hobbyist Patrick Priebe.

He's knocked together what he describes as the "Bond-inspired laser watch" and it might well consign the Apple Watch to the bin of history.

That's because this isn't just some laser pointer that has been encased into a box and had a wrist strap attached to it.

No – the 1,500-milliwatt laser in this thing is powerful enough to pop a balloon or even light a candle.

Because the laser is so powerful, the battery on the watch will only last between 5 and 10 minutes. But that’s 5 minutes of awesome laser arson.

Which has got to be better than being able to read your emails or check stock reports on a tiny screen. Sorry, Apple.

So far, Patrick's watch is a limited edition of one, which he says took around 40 hours to make.

He reckons that he’d charge at least $300 (about £190) if he was to make any more.

All you'd need would be a wallpaper pasting table and some strong duct tape and you've got yourself a James Bond torture scene. Although we do not condone such behaviour. Mwah, ha, ha!

Priebe makes a habit of creating awesome-but-terrifying weapons. In September he showcased a homemade Iron Man glove that fires real rockets.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/technology-science/technology/james-bond-inspired-laser-watch-burn-4666984

• Replies 3
  • Views 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apple, I decided to take a pass on your Apple Watch, at least for now unless you give me a good reason to buy future devices (don't buy 1st gen look at how inferior the original iPhone was to the iPhone 3G).

Apple, this guy has given you an idea for that "good reason".

I've already wished my iPhone 6+ could shoot lasers.

idiots burning their own eyes in 3..2..1..

hey...come to think of it, that might be a good thing. less idiots in the world...or at least blind idiots. any word about a watch with a rocket launcher yet?

Archived