[Windows v8.1]Log in removal of information

LeeSmithG

Sup gang.

Well my mother purchased a notebook in May 2014, switched in on entered her email and password for her email

and went ekkk windows 8 and turned it off.

She told me about this, then suggested she sent it to me for my daughter.

So I gained access by her giving me her email.

I went to app store and upgraded to Windows v8.1

However, what I need help with is, making sure for sure, I am making it by pass the login screen firstly I think it's sorted

using netplwiz then making sure secondly I can remove her email address and letting my daughter if she so feels entering her

her credentials.

So I wan to make sure, no passwords or username(s) are needed to use the system, so straight boot to desktop and remove al my

mothers info she stored, which was her bt email and her password.

I did successfully change some bits, named it default and use a new pass word, however, in network it still shows default but with her email.

Thanks in advance, Lee

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry, but if you use the same serial number to activate, you cannot get rid of it just as easily. Each serial number is associated with one Windows account, where the first time it was used. Reformat do not do nothing fresher and cannot help any way. You must use another serial key and another Windows account or get help from Windows corporation, if You want to use the same serial with other account.

I don't think you understand what I am asking.

I sorted out the bypass login, so not to enter a password, just to boot to the desktop.

Other request was to remove my mothers email, so my daughter can add hers and have only hers.

Not to reinstall Windows or use an illegal serial key.

The operating system I think (though invisible) is on data drive D:.

No dvd/cd r.o.m. drive, need a u.s.b. one.

That's if I wish to reinstall.

So any ideas to the highlighted line?

I sorted out the bypass login, so not to enter a password, just to boot to the desktop.

Other request was to remove my mothers email, so my daughter can add hers and have only hers.

Are you talking about the email for microsoft account?

Are you talking about the email for microsoft account?

I want instruction on how to remove my mothers email address from the Windows 8 system.

Then put my daughters in.

I am confused to why M$ would do this anyway.

I have looked around the net, no answers.

My mother has a B.T. email linked to this account.

B.Y. use Yahoo-inc for their email servers.

I want instruction on how to remove my mothers email address from the Windows 8 system.

Not in any method, if it is used for the activation of Windows.

Not in any method, if it is used for the activation of Windows.

It is O.E.M. so is activated already.

i had the same problem, and found huge amonts of misinformation in my search, but nothing useful. When i finally figured it out on my own, it was unbelievably simple :wut: . I installed windows with a "local" account (which is actually NO account), set it up like I wanted and updated everything, and all was well. Some time later, I saw a giveaway for some interesting games, so I signed in to the Microsoft Store/Game apps, got the free games and installed them, tried them out, closed all of the windows apps and games, (on both of our computers) and shut down the computers. From then on, everytime anyone clicked on any windows link, it popped up a sign-in notice with my email account and a blank to fill in my password. No amount of cleaning or deleting things would remove my email form the records. What I (and your mother) had done was to forget to SIGN OUT before leaving/ shutting down :bag: . To fix the problem all I had to do was sign in to the Windows store, SIGN OUT, and close the app. The same thing happens when you sign in to your computer account - but you can create a new a

Administrator account and then delete the original account. Windows 8/8.1 is ALWAYS registered to computer hardware, NEVER to an individual account. Even if you bought a Retail version of windows seperately from your computer, when you install it, it is locked to that computer's hardware (just as OEM installations have always been) and cannot be uninstalled from it and installed on a different computer, the way past retail versions could be. The account (or "Local" - NO - account) used for installation is not part of Windows 8/8.1 registration. That is why and how you can sign in to your account on someone else's (a friend, relative, or the library etc.) computers and have access to your apps. Just remember, always sign out or log off when you finish or it will store your info for easy access until you return and sign out. Once you sign out, it is deleted completely.

P.S. You might want to open the "Control Panel" in icons view, open "Credential Manager", open both "Web Credentials", then "Windows Credentials" and right-click on, then delete, each listing in both locations (if you installed or reinstalled windows with a local account, these will already be empty; at least until you sign in to and interact with the windows Store' P.P.S If you reinstall, you can also fill in the machine's warranty regitration with ASUS, Dell, H.P, or whoever made you computer, with your own information - some of them give an extra few months of warranty if you or you mother registered -or you could just call/email them if you wish, but that can be a PIA as well, depending on who you deal with. If your mother registered it, you could also just leave it in her name, but if you have to deal with them you will have use her name and address to avoid arguments with some of those unhelpful helpers at Customer (non)Service.

Season's Greetings.

Archived