Firefox CPU uses

rudrax

I'm observing that firefox is using above 10% of CPU constantly while nsane.forums finishes loading and you stay in the homepage with just one tab opened. You minimize the browser and CPU uses lowers down to 0%. Maximize again and the CPU starts ticking constantly above 10%. I've also tried waterfox (the 64 bit version of firefox) but same scenario. In sub-forums, the CPU uses after page loading finishes is not constant but fluctuates from 1-12%. I want to know if this issue is only with me. And, I'm also looking for a firefox variant that isn't resource hungry (if there exists any). But I think the issue is with nsane.forums' contents that are present in the homepage. I've observed the CPU uses with other sites like MS download center, google facebook etc. and found avg. CPU uses remains under 5% when the page finishes loading.

screenshot_1414844853.png

• Replies 26
  • Views 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm observing that firefox is using above 10% of CPU constantly while nsane.forums finishes loading and you stay in the homepage with just one tab opened. You minimize the browser and CPU uses lowers down to 0%. Maximize again and the CPU starts ticking constantly above 10%. I've also tried waterfox (the 64 bit version of firefox) but same scenario. In sub-forums, the CPU uses after page loading finishes is not constant but fluctuates from 1-12%. I want to know if this issue is only with me.

No, you are definitely not the only one, and the selected person.

But in reality, the number - it does not show you absolutely nothing.

If you want to see a smaller number (%), You must use better processor.

mine is like 0.1 % usage of my CPU

here's the screenshot

Capture.png

screenshot_26.png[

I'm observing that firefox is using above 10% of CPU constantly while nsane.forums finishes loading and you stay in the homepage with just one tab opened.

mine is like 0.1 % usage of my CPU

here's the screenshot

Capture.png

I hope, you were in the forums' homepage not in sub-forums at the time of taking the screenshot.

The limited interjection that I would like to make on this thread is to (temporarily) divert attention from CPU to Memory - just sort the Memory column for a descending order (higher value down to lower.)

Now the astonishing point, most might note is that it would be the browser (not limited to Firefox) that would emerge as the biggest culprit across any site (not limited to the nSane homepage.)

It wouldn't be shocking to learn only the browser returning a consumption running into 3 figures - gone are the days when one's security system used to be the culprit hogging one's resources. :pope:

I hope, you were in the forums' homepage not in sub-forums at the time of taking the screenshot.

No I was not, but this time I am:

screenshot_29.png

There is a very nominal difference in CPU usage when I am at the nSane homepage, on Firefox:--

Click the following image for a bigger picture

NJtqnvU.png

Future Soldier

I AM NOT SAYING YOU ARE WRONg BUT MY USAGE ARE FINE ONLY SPIKES WHEN SHOUTBOX IS LOADING

It can depens on user images at that time being :huh:

Found the reason. It's all due to ShoutBox. As soon as I disabled it, CPU uses drops to zero. Anyway, the ShoutBox doesn't only seem to be resource hungry for the forums' server but for end users also. But don't know, why other users aren't facing this? Any ideas?

Found the reason. It's all due to ShoutBox.

:lmao:

But don't know, why other users aren't facing this? Any ideas?

Your CPU description, please?

Intel Core i3-350M, Dual-core, 2.26 Ghz, 3MB L3, Hyper Threaded.

13.1% CPU hogging is too high for a Core-i3.

nothing prob with ur good cpu...its just that firfox....put it in BIN

In many sites/blog/forum i seen that people faceing this cpu uses prob with firefox..may be thats why firefox is slowly dying.

Worst happen when you on flash related sites like youtube... mine cpu usage goes sometimes 30%.

In many sites/blog/forum i seen that people faceing this cpu uses prob with firefox..

Sounds like either a case of challenged-hardware or Peeps who lack the basic understanding on configuring their systems. 6HUIPBa.gif

So do you have any suggestion to propose in this regard?

So do you have any suggestion to propose in this regard?

Not possible to hazard a guess, from a remote location - shall need to have a personal inspection (there can be dozens of direct and indirect causes related to your CPU overheads.)

• 3 months later...

Archived