www.nsanedown.com/frontpage

Roy W

Hi fellow nsaners

I know that this "topic" has been asked a number of times but I have still not found an answer as to why this happens that the frontpage of nsanedown opens sporadically.

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.....only lately.

My computer network connection is great when opening any other frontpage but only nsane has a problem.

My firewall is set to allow Firefox access to the web.

www.isitdownrightnow.com/nsanedown.com/html shows that nsanedown.com "is up and running" and is available

I hope that by asking the same question over again, that fellow nsaners do not get upset but having seen other nsaners with the same problem and no answers to the problem, one can only keep the question "alive" and hope for a solution.

Stay well brother nsaners.

• Replies 23
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just curious, does this only happen with Firefox? I ask because with FF I always have problems opening links inside the site, they simply won't open. Since switching to Cyberfox this hasn't happened once.

@ugatme

I get the same results when trying to open nsane frontpage with IE11.

I am going to give Cyberfox a try to see what happens.

been seeing the same thing the past couple weeks. where i have to reload the page or it just doesnt load at all. does this in ff, ie11 and opera 26.

Take it all back, just happened with Cyberfox an hour or so ago. Home page opens quickly but no success clicking on links, just won't open. Now all back to normal.

@Kalju

In answer to your question about my and other nsaners problem.

The html forms part of the "Website Status Checker" at http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/nsane.com.html

Your guess would be as good as mine regarding the "html" at the end

I have been using the same address of nsanedown.com for the past year or two as it is in my bookmarks and has worked until recently,since 26 October,when the frontpage would tell me about network connections,firewalls etc etc.and would not open.

I tried the Cyberfox browser but same problem.

I have the exact same problem in IE 11 that frontpage of nsanedown.com won't open or it opens sporadically.

Not much more I can say.

Did notice that @ugatme also had the same problem as I did with Cyberfox

Yes I agree, within the last month, I too am experiencing slow page loads ON LINKS, not the front page itself.

nsanedown front page usually loads without problems -

but alot lately, clicking on links, (on the front page) takes sometimes 30 secs, to a minute to load.

30 secs to a minute is an eternity waiting for a page to load!

Anywhere else on the internet, pages load instantly, only have hassles here, :(

and it is sporadic, it comes n goes away with no explanation

In fact, I was considering creating a thread (like this one) but thought ..."its only me, if it was an issue, others would post before me"...well...HERE WE ARE.

I'm using Cyberfox 64 AMD version

...just a little while ago, saw this at the bottom - I hope this is because someone is hard at work fixing this -

ohN1iSY.png

I would like to hear some feedback from the site operators on this issue.

are they looking at this? whats the status? WHATS UP?

fine. ignore us.

every day I care less and less for this community.

if this keeps up I will just stop coming here.

temper temper... :lol:.....it has been sort of an issue that IS being looked into....and not every question asked in open forum will get OR needs to get answered by anyone on staff here...if it is that important send a PM to one of the staff...those always get responses

• Administrator

So let me get this straight? You are expecting instantaneous replies from a site run completely by volunteers who ask for nothing in return?

===

Issues cannot be resolved when they can't be replicated.

Are you running any sort of firewall/adblock/script blocking software?

Hey, everybody chill. We're not talking end of the world stuff here.

Was just getting 500 internal server error when clicking on links.

Guest guest-no-reg

So let me get this straight? You are expecting instantaneous replies from a site run completely by volunteers who ask for nothing in return?

+1

Yes I agree, within the last month, I too am experiencing slow page loads ON LINKS, not the front page itself.

nsanedown front page usually loads without problems -

but alot lately, clicking on links, (on the front page) takes sometimes 30 secs, to a minute to load.

30 secs to a minute is an eternity waiting for a page to load!

Anywhere else on the internet, pages load instantly, only have hassles here, :(

and it is sporadic, it comes n goes away with no explanation

In fact, I was considering creating a thread (like this one) but thought ..."its only me, if it was an issue, others would post before me"...well...HERE WE ARE.

I'm using Cyberfox 64 AMD version

...just a little while ago, saw this at the bottom - I hope this is because someone is hard at work fixing this -

ohN1iSY.png

almost exact same experience here with all different browsers, sw and hardware than jackieo.

others ARE having the same issue as jackio...but they are also not acting like a spoiled brat nor whining about not getting personal and instantaneous attention and threatening to leave the site because of that lack of attention...he most likely is right now holding his breath and stamping his feet

Ive not noticed no problem with the front page using cyberfox here , whenever I've experienced that database is down message in the past . Its fixed soon after. No site I know of runs great 100% of the time . :lol:

• Administrator

Ive not noticed no problem with the front page using cyberfox here , whenever I've experienced that database is down message in the past . Its fixed soon after. No site I know of runs great 100% of the time . :lol:

The "error connecting" to database isn't something we would look into as it is a very short term issue/ not effecting the functionality of the site/ not persistent and we know what causes this.

Here is how nSane FRONT PAGE was presented to me again on October, 31 and yesterday late evening / today very early morning (CET).

The worst thing is - the problems come and go so you never know what is gonna happen in a while.

This way I lost couple of long post that were never fully loaded.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :rant:

...017_2014.10.31_20h48m34s_1.png

:why: :why: :why:

• Administrator

nsane.down and nsane.forums are two completely different things.

We have posted numerous times about nsane.forums have scheduled daily maintenance during the period you comment about.

====

On issues with nsane.down, there are a few things that can help us identify where the problem lays:

* The time (and time zone) when any issues are perceived.

* The "Execution Time" (shown at the bottom of any page)

* A tracert to nsanedown.com at the time any issues are perceived. (It is better to PM this to me)

some people just expect magical fixes without any effort on their part...ie as in doing any of the stuff you posted above to help solve issues...they just expect to be able to report a generic"it ain't working" and and that should be enough for a 30 second fix to happen...oh and lets not forget the people who expect personal attention and then get mad threaten to quit the site when they do not hear or see a personal response within minutes...after all life in general is all about them

• 8 months later...

Archived