firefox shows untrusted connection

Karamjit

i use Firefox 33.0.1. and since version 33 ...whenever i search on Google and Yahoo...it says "this connection is untrusted". and i have to make exception to open pages. any solution???

• Replies 22
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i use Firefox 33.0.1. and since version 33 ...whenever i search on Google and Yahoo...it says "this connection is untrusted". and i have to make exception to open pages. any solution???

You must be using Adguard for Windows right? :)

A few examples? And if possible, error report or screenshot.

This is a typical if is in use Adguard and network settings are wrong.

see if you're being put behind a proxy. some ISPs still do it, specially on mobile plans. if that's the case, you will have to start looking for a different company to serve your internet.

i use add block plus, add guard. ghostery. but these things are used by me since year and no problem. it just started with firefox 33. and after updating to 33.0.2 ... problem persists.

i use add block plus, add guard. ghostery. but these things are used by me since year and no problem. it just started with firefox 33. now updating to firefox 33.0.2 and report u

Well, now is all clear. Set the correct network settings and the matter has been resolved.

Ie, begin from Adguard - open main window, then Settings find Network settings and uncheck filtering for https sites, I think, this is all You have to do.

check your pc windows time

The joke does not always help.

Its not a joke

Its possible his system time and date is wrong, if this is so it will invalidate security certificates which have an expiry....

Its possible his system time and date is wrong, if this is so it will invalidate security certificates which have an expiry....

Do you know how many things are possible? But this is not everything, what you need in this case.

Which types of people you know?

I know that there are three types.

Some, who are talking about what they know.

Others, who know what they are talking about.

And the those, they are the ones, who only talk about - about everything and always.

When seeking solution for a problem, if possible add a screenshot.

"Picture tells a thousand words"

When seeking solution for a problem, if possible add a screenshot.

"Picture tells a thousand words"

Here is a screenshot of the problem reported by the OP, with the system date advanced (as a possible solution at post # 7):--

Click the following image for the bigger picture:

2HcWgVV.png

@pama, from your description it's surely feels like what dcs18 has suspected. Check your time zone related to your country and update the time from internet (if, in case, that was inaccurate). For general google and yahoo search, firefox should not behave like that unless it has compelled to behave like that. If your system time and date is OK, reinstall firefox and over-write the old files and see if that helps. If not helping, restart firefox with all addons disabled and see the result. Report here your observation with the above instruction so that we can be able to guide you further.

You use some freeky AntiVirus like ESET or Kaspersky or something else or you have altered your Settings in those AntiVirus or some kind of Security Soft!!! Those Settings have to do with the Security Checks on your HTTP requests and how the Soft does respond to the Trust Servers and allow the Connection!!!!! Please Reset those Security Soft and make Configs that make sense! Please learn how those Security Soft Settings interact with other Soft and what they exactly mean and if these Soft do actually work as they should! If not find other tools that do what thay say!

Often it does not help to dectivate those Soft to check the results and verify the problems, please do as written above!

Sorry for my English Gramatik and Syntax, hope you understand what i want to explain.

i did everything like disabling all addons but failed. but then i disabled KIS protection and it worked. now i can search in Google and Yahoo getting KIS protection disabled. things get worse again if KIS protection is enabled. i guess there is a certificate issue in kaspersky. in KIS there is a certificate that is valid from 10/21/14 to 10/18/14. please see seetings>additional settings>network>advanced

Here some screenshots from me as well .

A problem with security notifications started suddenly couple of days ago.

Problem might or might not - have something to do with system time settings, cause October 26 we switched back from our summer timei (- 1 hour) to our original one. But system is configured to automatically adjust the time settings. And it was done so.....

0001_2014.10.30_09h26m08s.png

..._001_2014.10.29_20h24m46spng_Page1.pn

More (2) screenshots here.

My security setup: [Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 x64]

My main browser is x32 PaleMoon with Adblock Plus + Element Hiding Helper, Better Privacy, NoScript, Bar Tab Lite and Browser View Plus..
Don't use any other ad-blocking software.
Main basic security setup : Emsisoft Antimalware, Windows Firewall Controll + Zemana Antilogger + Malwarebytes free (on demand only).

As can be seen - security notifications show up not only in PaleMoon but in IE (pic on the top) also.

======================================================================================================

Help me please, cause alerts are so frequent that I had to temporarily disable EAM Surf Protection, what isn't very safe.

i did everything like disabling all addons but failed. but then i disabled KIS protection and it worked. now i can search in Google and Yahoo getting KIS protection disabled. things get worse again if KIS protection is enabled. i guess there is a certificate issue in kaspersky. in KIS there is a certificate that is valid from 10/21/14 to 10/18/14. please see seetings>additional settings>network>advanced

Good to know: If You do not use Kaspersky, you will have free time 2-3 times more.

But people like to make for themselves the problems, to would not be boring.

Archived