BSOD MEMORY_MANAGEMENT Error

Knightmare

When I came home from work today, my computer displayed a BSOD with the error message "MEMORY_MANAGEMENT." Ironically, my friend told me the other day that her computer was also experiencing this same error. Could it be that a Windows Update is causing this in Windows computers or is this just a coincidence?

Error 1:

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System>  <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting" Guid="{ABCE23E7-DE45-4366-8631-84FA6C525952}" EventSourceName="BugCheck" />   <EventID Qualifiers="16384">1001</EventID>   <Version>0</Version>   <Level>2</Level>   <Task>0</Task>   <Opcode>0</Opcode>   <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>   <TimeCreated SystemTime="2014-10-29T19:37:03.000000000Z" />   <EventRecordID>149899</EventRecordID>   <Correlation />   <Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />   <Channel>System</Channel>   <Computer>DESKTOP_OF_DOOM</Computer>   <Security />   </System>- <EventData>  <Data Name="param1">0x0000001a (0x0000000000005002, 0xfffff780c0000000, 0x000000000001f1c1, 0x0003f1c2fffffffe)</Data>   <Data Name="param2">C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP</Data>   <Data Name="param3">102914-18610-01</Data>   </EventData>  </Event>

Error 2:

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System>  <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" />   <EventID>41</EventID>   <Version>2</Version>   <Level>1</Level>   <Task>63</Task>   <Opcode>0</Opcode>   <Keywords>0x8000000000000002</Keywords>   <TimeCreated SystemTime="2014-10-29T19:36:51.112813400Z" />   <EventRecordID>149900</EventRecordID>   <Correlation />   <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />   <Channel>System</Channel>   <Computer>DESKTOP_OF_DOOM</Computer>   <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />   </System>- <EventData>  <Data Name="BugcheckCode">26</Data>   <Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x5002</Data>   <Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0xfffff780c0000000</Data>   <Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x1f1c1</Data>   <Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x3f1c2fffffffe</Data>   <Data Name="SleepInProgress">false</Data>   <Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>   </EventData>  </Event>

I'm not sure which one of these errors in event viewer would be helpful, but these errors were created around the time that the memory dump file was created.

• Replies 5
  • Views 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I came home from work today, my computer displayed a BSOD with the error message "MEMORY_MANAGEMENT." Ironically, my friend told me the other day that her computer was also experiencing this same error. Could it be that a Windows Update is causing this in Windows computers or is this just a coincidence?

The chances of a conflicting update are remote as we have numerous pc’s in all shapes & sizes running Win 8.1 fully updated with stable business applications without a hitch.

Look around for conflicting apps, damaged system files or corrupted registry entries by Googling the event log ID errors

http://winwiki.org/event-id-1001-bugcheck-windows-7/ (Same applies to 8.1)

The chances of a conflicting update are remote as we have numerous pc’s in all shapes & sizes running Win 8.1 fully updated with stable business applications without a hitch.

Look around for conflicting apps, damaged system files or corrupted registry entries by Googling the event log ID errors

http://winwiki.org/event-id-1001-bugcheck-windows-7/ (Same applies to 8.1)

I ran an sfc scan which fix some errors. We'll see what happens. I don't know how long I should wait.

I ran an sfc scan which fix some errors. We'll see what happens. I don't know how long I should wait.

Without wishing to sound condescending, which I can assure you, I am not.

In future before installing new updates, settings or software, take an image of your system drive.

With your current situation or whenever probs occur, efficient IT troubleshooting is best performed through the correct process of elimination, not trial & error.

Now if possible try to replicate what you were doing to see if the fault occurs again.

If the issue still exists, uninstall apps or roll back drivers, settings that you have recently applied etc. A good place to start to pin point the culprit is by researching the Event ID no errors

Hope you have succeeded & sfc resolved the problem

Mike

Archived