Red Stuck? Pixel + Etc.

SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Hello All,

As some of you may have known so I recently purchased the OnePlus One and it's sweet and all and I doubt this will warrant a replacement/fix from the company as their Customer Support is just crap due to their small size...

I only noticed mine last night when I was using it in the dark.

Although I noticed mine isn't a BLACK dead pixel. Mine is actually Red. So unsure if this is a Dead Pixel or just a slight possibly fixable defect.

And to add, when taking a screenshot via phone it doesn't appear. Has to take it with a camera. The picture actually makes it look worse than it is. It's just a pixel or two or three unno. Given that mine is Red, I dunno if that's fixable. Also it's the Red Dot to the left of the Check For Updates button.

Downloaded and tested "Dead Pixel Detect and Fix" and weirdly enough it did help the red pixel a little, as in it's not as noticeable but it's still there.

I used the "Colors" included and the Red Pixel only appears when the background is BLACK, I tried all the other colors and didn't notice it. And for sure on a White background I didn't see the Red Pixel. Tried a few other of these similar apps and not much of an improvement. Ran each one (I think 4 apps) for 30minutes without luck.

EZZdRcel.jpg?1

- - -
Sadly the community over at OnePlus is active but seem to have skipped over my thread as it has no views and is already off the first page.

So I thought to turn to what I deem as my family when it comes to troubleshooting/asking questions as you guys are awesome.

- - - -

Onto the ETC. portion as I dont' know if this warrants a new post/splitting

Curious as to what are some Essential Apps that you guys and girls may use? As currently I only use Alarm Droid.

As I tried transferring my Puzzle & Dragons account to my OnePlus One and something went wrong so, I gave up and don't want to start fresh.

I'm not a huge fan of these Matching Bubbles games, but they are actually quite fun so if there's any others that's about the same if not better of PAD I'd appreciate it, there was 1 other that I played before but don't recall the name.

Trying to think what other genre's I like... If there's anything similar to like Super Puzzle Fighter, I'm down for that.

Currently playing Brave Frontier as recommended by a friend.

I guess if anything you can just throw out your suggestions, they can be either off/on line, doesn't quite matter.

Again thanks in advance.

Edited by SacredCultivator

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SacredCultivator

• VileTouch

• rudrax

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a nokia x2-02 phone which has a defect that its display blinks randomly while using it. And after that a white line appears at the bottom of the display. I took it to service center but the did nothing and told me that it's a factory flaw and they will inform me if the company calls the models back.

just disable auto lock/disable and leave it playing this youtube video, it will eventually fix itself.

edit: obviously, if the screen turns off or shows the lock screen or whatever it will have NO effect, so keep that in mind

Edited by VileTouch

SacredCultivator

Okays shall try that and see is that does the trick. Shall let it run for probably an hour.

SacredCultivator

Okay I ran it for an hour and that didn't do much.

Does running it for a long period of time actualyl fix it? Cause I know that some users of the Apps that are meant to correct this say they leave it running for 6+ hours.

playing the video on fullscreen achieves exactly the same as the apps...but yes, assuming that pixel is not permanently burned it goes away anywhere from 1hr to...11hrs, hence the length of the video. try downloading the hd version from your computer and then copying it to a (large) memory card to use on the phone.

again: make SURE the screen is actually ON and focusing the video on full screen ALL the time

Edited by VileTouch