nsane, google, bandwidth etc.

rudrax

The following is a screenshot of TCPview from my system while loading www.nsaneforuns.com at a random time.

screenshot_1414302818.png

As you can see there, it's all of google and other hosts but no sign of nsaneforums there. This may be due to cloudflare protection that we are not being able to see forums IP while the page is loading. When forum is loading TCPview shows lot of server.nshosting.biz entries. Ok forum loads through this and we are OK with that. But when forum loads and ends loading, a lot of google domain are there constantly eating the data even when the connection is idle. You load nsane forums and go to any thread. When the thread ends loading, Firefox or Waterfox keeps constatly using the CPU (in my case it's above 3-5% average). I would like to appeal nsane users (whoever interested) to observe their CPU usage on any thread of nsane forums (not the homepage because it may use CPU as SB is there as a live content). This observation will reveal if the problem is only at my side.

@Admins, blocking all google IPs in the firewall leads nsane forums to function incorrectly. So, please tell us which are the google IPs that nsaneforums need exclusively to function properly. We don't want google to spy on us.

@dcs18, say, I'm blocking facebook completely. Then how will I need to block it's IPs - as inbound or as outbound rule in WFC?

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@dcs18, say, I'm blocking facebook completely. Then how will I need to block it's IPs - as inbound or as outbound rule in WFC?

Facebook needs to be blocked for outbound packets. ;)

• Administrator

Google APIs doesn't cover just a single IP, there would be too many to investigate on a IP basis.

I would make the assumption, your browser is trying to load from a blocked IP and is continuing to you so for a period of time. The response the browser is getting from the firewall is causing it to think it still needs to load some content.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . like this. g4ZwQYe.gif

Google APIs doesn't cover just a single IP, there would be too many to investigate on a IP basis.

I would make the assumption, your browser is trying to load from a blocked IP and is continuing to you so for a period of time. The response the browser is getting from the firewall is causing it to think it still needs to load some content.

I have a set of google IPs. If I add that to firewall, nsane.forums won't function properly. So, currently I'm not blocking google at all. Also at the time of the observation made, google wasn't blocked. I don't block google fractionally. If I block it, I block the whole google. So, your assumption part, I'm afraid, won't give me any conclusion.

And I know nsane.forums doesn't depend on only one IP from google. It has a certain range of IPs. I was asking you if you know the range which nsane.forums deals google APIs with. Or, nsane.forums may also deal with whole of the google API facility - in this case, I will need to whitelist the google API IPs if I want to function nsane.forums properly. And, then leaving the google API IPs alone, I can block rest of the google. So, Lite, here I want you to give me an idea whether nsane.forums depends on a fraction of google APIs or whole of the google APIs.

-Thank you for your kind response:)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . like this. g4ZwQYe.gif

:yes:

Found it! The only IP that nsane requires is 74.125.200.95. All of google can be blocked letting nsane to function properly.

Edit: not so fast! :lol:

Archived