BitTorrent connection problems

Ghazi

hi, just a few days my bitTorrent connection was working flawlessly but now I cannot connect to any peers. I did not change any settings in ESET antivirus and Win 7 SP1 x64. Kindly provide me a step to step guide to configure bitTorrent. Also cyberghost and hotspot also cannot connect either. When Cyberghost connected to New York server I got a few bytes but after it no speed. The bandwidth test fails everytime. I know this is a firewall blocking my traffic

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ergo, allow passthrough for your torrent client in the firewall ?

which ports?? On some forums I saw UDP port. but it was allowed. plz tell me

all ports

but of course only the torrent client !

Open your torrent client it will show you which port it's using, also if your search around the web, there's shed loads of tutorials on this subject.. also do you know how to allow traffic / port forward ?

Edit : UDP is only part of the port to forward routine, you need a number range say 4162 also, and I would in your case forward both UDP & TCP ports, unless you wishing to harden your setup.

http://www.bittorrent.com/help/manual/chapter0203

I'd try running your torrent client without the vpn also.

Open your torrent client it will show you which port it's using, also if your search around the web, there's shed loads of tutorials on this subject.. also do you know how to allow traffic / port forward ?

Edit : UDP is only part of the port to forward routine, you need a number range say 4162 also, and I would in your case forward both UDP & TCP ports, unless you wishing to harden your setup.

I have done everything and then tried the vpn. It started so means its a firewall problem

I have done everything and then tried the vpn. It started so means its a firewall problem

Err, you already established this, but you need to actually DO what it says, like allow all traffic for this application through your firewall, or portforward in your router settings..

There used to be several problems with files or torrents which included large numbers of peers and seeds... As well as there being an issue with PeerBlock...

It seemed like there was no DNS.. and eventually no connections... or like it was trying to download a ton of data or waiting for a response... like a bottleneck...

I had to do several things..

I was using Tor.. as well as blocking with PeerBlock... I use full protection from ESET Smart Security as well...OpenDNS Filtering, NAT Firewall/Filter/Detection....

Number one I had to wait for a solid connection to Tor Routers, with PeerBlock disabled.. switch 'identity'... Then start the torrent... after the files peers had been populated and DHT was full past login... ( with a started torrent file ) I then could use PeerBlock to Filter... This includes bad Tor Nodes and Nodes used for nefarious activity which has caused issues of late.

I did look to several forum posts to configure at that time.. and can't remember if I actually made any real changes...BUT.. I had several programmatic issues at the time such as hung Torrent Programs and downloaders... Programs Crashes... and other programs which seemed to do the same..

As of late I have not had any issues.. BUT I will state that I refuse to use newer versions of uTorrent and still have success in 2.2 version... It also seems that installing newer versions destroys the settings.. including forcing the application to start at boot... and that I cannot get stable downloads or connections.. as though the problem is written in to the default settings which it will not allow you to change...

Maybe that could help you find a solution...

Recently this has not been an issue at all... not for sure what I did... or if it was just not using the version 3.. but everything seems to be in working order..

Archived