VoodooShield™ - Free 1 year License

Ponting

hiw-flash-faq.jpg

Traditional blacklist antivirus software attempts to block the 15,000+ new viruses a day. We realized that antivirus companies cannot possibly keep up with all of the new viruses, so we created a different approach. VoodooShield blocks all executable code (including viruses), except the software you allow.

Most viruses attack through Web browsers. When used properly, VoodooShield will effectively block ALL email and browser-based viruses and malware.VoodooShield does not remove existing viruses.

VoodooShield uses a proprietary proactive whitelist approach to virus protection.Since VoodooShield is completely different from traditional antivirus software, it is VITAL that you understand how it works in order to use it properly.Training VoodooShield is much easier and quicker than you would think. On average, it takes around a total of 10 minutes to train VoodooShield. Once VoodooShield is trained, you never have to worry about annoying AntiVirus pop ups and scans again.

Homepage: http://www.voodooshield.com/

Promo Page: https://voodooshield.com/freeoffer/

Download link: http://voodooshield.com/download/versions/Install%20VoodooShield.2.12.exe

• Replies 83
  • Views 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it possible to terminate VoodooShield™ from the list of running process, through Task Manager? yXZVmpE.gif

:yes: will report to dev about this issue

Is it possible to terminate VoodooShield™ from the list of running process, through Task Manager? yXZVmpE.gif

The Emsisoft dev demonstrated how easily VS can be killed. VS works by "asking thousands of times/s" if a new starting request was made for an exec, so, for that, it let's the executable to run for just a little bit so it can kill it. Basically it creates a window for a smart programmer to be faster than VS and kill VS before VS kills him.

The Emsisoft dev demonstrated how easily VS can be killed. VS works by "asking thousands of times/s" if a new starting request was made for an exec, so, for that, it let's the executable to run for just a little bit so it can kill it. Basically it creates a window for a smart programmer to be faster than VS and kill VS before VS kills him.

Hey Alex, how are you? This is fixed in VS 2.0! We used one of the methods that Fabian recommended and it worked out great! So it no longer asks thousands of times a second, and it denies the process from being created until VS can evaluate it. But this isn't the only thing we fixed, there are tons of new features and options.

Yeah, the user can kill VS but another process / malware cannot ;). This is standard for most AE's. If you set a password, then the Task Manager, MMC, and other admin tools are blocked as well.

Yeah, the user can kill VS but another process / malware cannot ;). This is standard for most AE's. If you set a password, then the Task Manager, MMC, and other admin tools are blocked as well.

I am afraid this is the standard only for Amateur programs, not for mainstream tried-n-tested ones - can you try this stunt with a program like ESET, COMODO, etc., etc.

This is a gaping vulnerability, the very first line of any attack - you may choose to defend and justify something that can / will be exploited or you may choose to upgrade your product from Amateur to mainstream (the choice is solely yours.)

I am afraid this is the standard only for Amateur programs, not for mainstream tried-n-tested ones - can you try this stunt with a program like ESET, COMODO, etc., etc.

This is a gaping vulnerability, the very first line of any attack - you may choose to defend and justify something that can / will be exploited or you may choose to upgrade your product from Amateur to mainstream (the choice is solely yours.)

Maybe you should discuss this on the dedicated thread @ Wilders.

You'll get some feedback from the developer and users there :)

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/voodooshield.313706/

Maybe you should discuss this on the dedicated thread @ Wilders.

You'll get some feedback from the developer and users there :)

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/voodooshield.313706/

Shall certainly follow your advice if the Author does not respond in 48 hrs - I am quite interested in this program (it sounds quite promising - could displace my Process Lasso Pro.) F3h9xqz.gif

You could be right about this... there is a chance that we did not think of everything. Is there any chance you could try to break VS? A lot of people discuss VS's supposed vulnerabilities (the same ones, over and over and over again ;)), but no one has demonstrated anything that can bypass it.

I am just curious, if an unknown process or script is never allowed to be created in the first place, how do you kill VS? Believe me, there are other well known security softwares that do not self protect, I am just not comfortable naming them. I wish I would have kept a quote from one of the other security companies regaurding this issue. But he basically said "if any malicious code is ever allowed to run, you are done anyway." And he is correct. So the whole point it to stop the process or script before it is created in the first place.

There actually no officially supported methods for self protection. I researched the heck out of this a year or so ago. You can create a method to self protect, but other AV's will think it is behaving like a virus.

At some point, I am sure someone will find a way to bypass VS, although no one has so far. But keep in mind, VS is at least 99.999% (or whatever number you want to use) effective against zero days and unknown malware, whereas the industry standard detection rate is around 5%. That, and VS was not meant to replace your AV, it is meant to compliment it... it is intended to be the initial line of defense. Also, people always mistake VS for something that it is not, so it is not correct to compare it to anything else. The whole point of VS is that it is a toggling desktop shield gadget, that locks your computer while it is at risk. Nothing more, nothing less. 5 years from now we will all hopefully look back and say "do you remember when we used to not lock our computer when a web app was running?" ;).

It sounds like you might have a lot of experience with security, so if you could offer any suggestion on how we might be able to bypass VS, please let us know, we would really appreciate it! I will be curious what gets us, something has to. Believe me, I did not create the first 100% bulletproof security solution, I know that. But if the many thousands of customers are any indication of VS's effectiveness, then we are doing very, very well ;). I personally have 200+ local clients who simple do not get viruses anymore, and it has been 2-3 years. It only takes around 2000 users to get a representative sample, and we have well over that in users. Believe me, if they were to get a virus, I would be the first to know about it ;).

Please let me know if you can think of anything we can try, or if you can try to bypass it yourself!

Great to hear that the problem was fixed, for me that was the turning point. Going to reinstall it and see the new features.

Very cool, thank you everyone!

Heres my thoughst and review after a week of using it

Annoying, obtrusive

It would block even the most benign porgrams, i got especially tired off having to turn it completely off to install things, as it would regularly IGNORE my clicks on the tray icon to allow a program install to continue. It randomly popped up a window to launch xx program or installer after scanning and not found to be suspicuous. Having to turn it off to install programs COMPLETELY renders it useless.

So i uninstalled it today, and as a side bonus my Pc is back to being as quick as it was before i installed this.

The other reason i wouldnt ever use it again is that the company stores YOUR whitelisted apps on ITs serves, which is COMPLETELY unnesccesary and OBTRUSIVE and smacks of data mining....

Avoid......

You could be right about this... there is a chance that we did not think of everything. Is there any chance you could try to break VS? A lot of people discuss VS's supposed vulnerabilities (the same ones, over and over and over again ;)), but no one has demonstrated anything that can bypass it.

Let me know whether we can have a demonstration, over TeamViewer - any place, any time (as per your convenience.)

I'll be the Attacker - I'll demonstrate (wish you all the best - we publish the results, here . . . . . . . . . on these very pages.)

Annoying, obtrusive

It would block even the most benign porgrams, i got especially tired off having to turn it completely off to install things, as it would regularly IGNORE my clicks on the tray icon to allow a program install to continue. It randomly popped up a window to launch xx program or installer after scanning and not found to be suspicuous. Having to turn it off to install programs COMPLETELY renders it useless.

So i uninstalled it today, and as a side bonus my Pc is back to being as quick as it was before i installed this.

The other reason i wouldnt ever use it again is that the company stores YOUR whitelisted apps on ITs serves, which is COMPLETELY unnesccesary and OBTRUSIVE and smacks of data mining....

Avoid......

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, and we do not expect every single person to like VS. Heck, not everyone likes pizza.

VoodooShield is a computer lock, the idea being that your computer should be locked when it is at risk. It sounds like you install a lot of programs quite frequently, and if that is the case, I would not recommend VoodooShield at all... since it is a computer lock. However, if you are part of the 95% or so of users that do not install new software everyday, and you want to lock your computer when it is at risk, you can try VS. You might like it, you might not.

As far as slowing down your computer, that is just completely false, unless your computer is 10 years old. If you have a super old computer, I would not recommend VS. I actually can not think of any AV software I could recommend if your computer is that old.

Just curious, what other products do you recommend that are as effective and user-friendly as VS?

Let me know whether we can have a demonstration, over TeamViewer - any place, any time (as per your convenience.)

I'll be the Attacker - I'll demonstrate (wish you all the best - we publish the results, here . . . . . . . . . on these very pages.)

Very cool!!! Either post on here or email me at [email protected], that way we can fix the security hole. Thank you for your help!

Annoying, obtrusive

Avoid......

BTW, you can easily turn off the "Synchronize and Backup my Whitelist Snapshot to the Cloud" option on the first tab in Settings. This feature is intended for our enterprise customers, or for users who wish to have their whitelist backed up in the cloud. We are not a data mining company in any way, shape or form.

Annoying, obtrusive

Avoid......

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, and we do not expect every single person to like VS. Heck, not everyone likes pizza.

VoodooShield is a computer lock, the idea being that your computer should be locked when it is at risk. It sounds like you install a lot of programs quite frequently, and if that is the case, I would not recommend VoodooShield at all... since it is a computer lock. However, if you are part of the 95% or so of users that do not install new software everyday, and you want to lock your computer when it is at risk, you can try VS. You might like it, you might not.

As far as slowing down your computer, that is just completely false, unless your computer is 10 years old. If you have a super old computer, I would not recommend VS. I actually can not think of any AV software I could recommend if your computer is that old.

Just curious, what other products do you recommend that are as effective and user-friendly as VS?

This is not meant to be argumentative, im dealing with raw facts here.

I reject your premise that Voodoo Shield is a computer lock, and ill tell you why...

Im sure im not the only one who installs software regularly, factor in updates (flash, java etc), that counts as "installs". To have to disable it completely to install software is annoying. Ill also point out that since your product disables UAC by default, when you then have to disable vood Shield to install a program, your product actually leaves a PC in a less secure state. To me thats not a positive thing and the computer at this point isnt "locked" by anything, even UAC....so effectively by disabling Voodoo Shield to get around its annoyance and refusal to respect its own instructions, its debunking exactly what its targetted to do.

As for slowing down my PC, thats absolutely NOT false, im afraid. Im an It professional btw, having worked in large scale enviroments with thousands of users at a time, looking after 43 servers and on average about 4,500 desktops and ive been doing that since probably since before you were born. So ive been around, seen it all. the difference was noticeable in real world terms, im not quoting synthetic benchmarks or boring metrics here. I use my PC every day, i run the same apps every day, i connect to the same systems every day, hell i even open the same tabs in my browser, everyday, so no one is better placed to notice an impact on system performance after adding software than i am at that PC. Sorry to tell you there was a noticeable lag after installing it. thats the truth, you can accept it or not. but to claim outright that what i was saying was completely false is disingenous at best, and hopeful at worst. I would hope you would take it as the genuine feedback it was meant to be.

What do i recommend, im boring when it comes to Av security apps. I never use an AV with intergrated firewall, i use separate AV and separate firewall (currently Avast AV (sometimes Eset) and Comodo (for years)). I use group policy for software restrictions to avoid a lot of nasty crap. My pared down policies path rules are below.

Deny:

C:\Users\*\AppData\*.exe

C:\Users\*\AppData\*\*.exe

%AppData%\*.exe

%AppData%\*\*.exe

%LocalAppData%\*.exe

%LocalAppData%\*\*.exe

%LocalAppData%\Temp\Rar*\*.exe

%LocalAppData%\Temp\7z*\*.exe

%LocalAppData%\Temp\wz*\*.exe

%LocalAppData%\Temp\*.zip\*.exe

Allow:

%LocalAppDate%\Temp\Foxit Reader Updater.exe

%LocalAppDate%\Temp\Foxit Updater.exe

%LocalAppDate%\Adobe\install_flash_player.exe

%LocalAppDate%\Adobe\gccheck.exe

%LocalAppDate%\Adobe\gtbcheck.exe

The only thing i ever need todo with the above is add an Allow rule for the odd updater or software installer (for an installer, i add it for the course of the install and then remove it). I would rather do the above manually whereas some people use things like Crypto Prevent to do a kind of similar thing as above, i say similar thing as Crypto Prevent uses "psuedo group policies" whatever the heck that means. Me id rathe ruse actual group policies as its not another level of api/code/possible bugs, and its built right into the OS.

If you look at a lot of my replies lately you'll see that ive been on a bit of a crusade to get people to stop installing a bit of 3rd party software to do what they can do within Windows already, you'll also notice me calling the "ill just install and app or bit of software to do that" brigade lazy. I blame the "ill just install an app for that" laziness creep firmly on the tablet people, and Apple in particular...they seem happy to tap on a screen like base model of evolution and put their brains in neutral.

As i often say in real life, "The tablet people shall inherit nothing" and quite more often "Society is doomed"

Im sure you can fix some of the annoyances i had like with the click to allow on the popup tray bubble being wholly ignored and blocking things like crazy, and the problems that make you have to disable it compeltely and then expose whatever software is running to an un-UAC'd system (which is a show stopped for me).

I wish you luck.

*apologies for any spelling mistakes in this or any posts on here, ive usually had a long day by the time i get around to getting on here :) I often dont have the patience to correct myself :)

Very cool!!! Either post on here or email me at [email protected], that way we can fix the security hole. Thank you for your help!

Yawn.

Annoying, obtrusive

Avoid......

This is not meant to be argumentative, im dealing with raw facts here.

I reject your premise that Voodoo Shield is a computer lock, and ill tell you why...

Im sure im not the only one who installs software regularly, factor in updates (flash, java etc), that counts as "installs". To have to disable it completely to install software is annoying. Ill also point out that since your product disables UAC by default, when you then have to disable vood Shield to install a program, your product actually leaves a PC in a less secure state. To me thats not a positive thing and the computer at this point isnt "locked" by anything, even UAC....so effectively by disabling Voodoo Shield to get around its annoyance and refusal to respect its own instructions, its debunking exactly what its targetted to do.

As for slowing down my PC, thats absolutely NOT false, im afraid. Im an It professional btw, having worked in large scale enviroments with thousands of users at a time, looking after 43 servers and on average about 4,500 desktops and ive been doing that since probably since before you were born. So ive been around, seen it all. the difference was noticeable in real world terms, im not quoting synthetic benchmarks or boring metrics here. I use my PC every day, i run the same apps every day, i connect to the same systems every day, hell i even open the same tabs in my browser, everyday, so no one is better placed to notice an impact on system performance after adding software than i am at that PC. Sorry to tell you there was a noticeable lag after installing it. thats the truth, you can accept it or not. but to claim outright that what i was saying was completely false is disingenous at best, and hopeful at worst. I would hope you would take it as the genuine feedback it was meant to be.

What do i recommend, im boring when it comes to Av security apps. I never use an AV with intergrated firewall, i use separate AV and separate firewall (currently Avast AV (sometimes Eset) and Comodo (for years)). I use group policy for software restrictions to avoid a lot of nasty crap. My pared down policies path rules are below.

Deny:

C:\Users\*\AppData\*.exe

C:\Users\*\AppData\*\*.exe

%AppData%\*.exe

%AppData%\*\*.exe

%LocalAppData%\*.exe

%LocalAppData%\*\*.exe

%LocalAppData%\Temp\Rar*\*.exe

%LocalAppData%\Temp\7z*\*.exe

%LocalAppData%\Temp\wz*\*.exe

%LocalAppData%\Temp\*.zip\*.exe

Allow:

%LocalAppDate%\Temp\Foxit Reader Updater.exe

%LocalAppDate%\Temp\Foxit Updater.exe

%LocalAppDate%\Adobe\install_flash_player.exe

%LocalAppDate%\Adobe\gccheck.exe

%LocalAppDate%\Adobe\gtbcheck.exe

The only thing i ever need todo with the above is add an Allow rule for the odd updater or software installer (for an installer, i add it for the course of the install and then remove it). I would rather do the above manually whereas some people use things like Crypto Prevent to do a kind of similar thing as above, i say similar thing as Crypto Prevent uses "psuedo group policies" whatever the heck that means. Me id rathe ruse actual group policies as its not another level of api/code/possible bugs, and its built right into the OS.

If you look at a lot of my replies lately you'll see that ive been on a bit of a crusade to get people to stop installing a bit of 3rd party software to do what they can do within Windows already, you'll also notice me calling the "ill just install and app or bit of software to do that" brigade lazy. I blame the "ill just install an app for that" laziness creep firmly on the tablet people, and Apple in particular...they seem happy to tap on a screen like base model of evolution and put their brains in neutral.

As i often say in real life, "The tablet people shall inherit nothing" and quite more often "Society is doomed"

Im sure you can fix some of the annoyances i had like with the click to allow on the popup tray bubble being wholly ignored and blocking things like crazy, and the problems that make you have to disable it compeltely and then expose whatever software is running to an un-UAC'd system (which is a show stopped for me).

I wish you luck.

*apologies for any spelling mistakes in this or any posts on here, ive usually had a long day by the time i get around to getting on here :) I often dont have the patience to correct myself :)

I appreciate your feedback, it will help to make VS even more uer friendly. You said "Im sure you can fix some of the annoyances", and yeah, the whole goal of VS is to lock the user's computer while it is at risk, and to not be annoying if possible. VS is relatively new to the market, and we are doing our best to make it as secure and user friendly as possible.

I will not even discuss the whole UAC thing... but I will say that if UAC actually stopped malware and was not annoying, then there would not be a VS. Keep in mind, UAC is disabled on 91% of all computers because it is so annoying and ineffective. Not only that, but most users find VS to be MUCH less annoying than anything else.

That is extremely odd that you found that VS slowed your computer down... it typically does not do that. I would be curious to find out why.

Group policy is great, but not for non-enterprise users. So what do you recommend?

That is totally cool that you do not like VS, but I will say that most users absolutely love it... they actually use the word "love" when describing VS. When was the last time you saw anyone use the word love when describing their security software?

Lastly, can you please tell me briefly why VS is not a lock? Thank you!

Archived