“Am I dying” The honest answer

humble3d

“Am I dying” The honest answer
Matthew O’Reilly is a veteran emergency medical technician on Long Island, New York. In this talk, O’Reilly describes what happens next when a gravely hurt patient asks him: “Am I going to die?” -- and the personal choice he made to tell the truth.

• Replies 5
  • Views 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4 years ago my docs told me, that i've got 1 year left to live.. in best case.

As you see: i'm living still.. and damned.. i'll do so for some more years, even when anyone might say: that's impossible.

Don't let you tell anything and never give up. Your Friends, your family need you!

So do i and laugh :lol:

:rolleyes: According to my Doctors in 2005, I had 6 Months to live. Some form of complication with my Liver. Well, as U can see, Iam still Posting and going Strong.

For me; DEATH IS NOT THE END OF LIVE, ONLY THE START OF A NEW LIFE :)

Thanks immensely for sharing this info Humble3d.

Relating with what has been mentioned above in other replies=>

I too was 'sposed to be dead about 12 years ago...was also 'sposed to be full-blown diabetic LONG before that.

Neither happened.

Learning happened instead.

Here is the d/l of those 5 minutes, which is very well worth watching AND keeping IMO:

http://video.ted.com/talk/podcast/2014S/None/MatthewOReilly_2014S-480p.mp4

Matthew O'Reilly mentions peace & acceptance throughout his talk.

For me - those have been life-affirming things which have come along when looking straight at imminent death, and staying alive just the same.

I sincerely salute this man for choosing honesty and deeply admire what he has learned from it.

Honesty - and in particular self-honesty have always been very important to me in my quest to remain peaceful.

Too much misinformation is always spread regarding the departure from this world and too much fear is attached to it IMO.

Archived