Windows Insider Program Begins Tomorrow

geeteam

Microsoft has finally announced the Windows Technical Preview, which is the first stepping-stone for the new Windows Insider Program. If you're an enthusiast who loves beta's and the development of Windows, then the Windows Insider Program is for you. The Windows Insider Program (WIP from here on out) will give you access to pre-release builds of Windows 10, starting with the Windows Technical Preview.

Here at WinBeta, we (obviously) love pre-release software. This program will give you direct access to some of the latest builds from Microsoft, meaning you are able to give feedback to the company and help shape the future of Windows. Microsoft fully expects feedback from this Insider Program, so be ready to write lots and lots of reports.

Participants will gain access to new builds via Windows Update from within the Technical Preview, which means to get started you're going to need to install the newly available Windows Technical Preview from Microsoft. From there, all you have to do is wait for Microsoft to push a new build. Each new build will include new features and bug fixes

Source

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It has been reported that the 32-bit Windows Whatever will come to 3.16 Gb, and the 64-bit version to 4.10 Gb. For that reason alone, I won't use it. I don't expect it to have a single feature in which I have the slightest interest that XP doesn't have. But even if it does, there's no possible justification for its being more than five times the size of XP!

It has been reported that the 32-bit Windows Whatever will come to 3.16 Gb, and the 64-bit version to 4.10 Gb. For that reason alone, I won't use it. I don't expect it to have a single feature in which I have the slightest interest that XP doesn't have. But even if it does, there's no possible justification for its being more than five times the size of XP!

LOL. Maybe 'cos it's not Windows XP, why so much focus on the size? Like that's the most important thing.. XP is done, move on. The OS isn't going to get smaller, or you can just stay on XP forever running outdated apps.

It surfs the net! Hurr. Genius.

XP is hardly "done". The latest version of every piece of software I use is working just fine on XP, except for Office (I don't care for the post-2003 versions) and Calibre (the author has chosen to not allow the latest version to install under XP, but the latest version has, as far as I know, no features that the version I'm using doesn't have). As a matter of principle, I refuse to use an OS that is more than five times the size of XP, but gives me not one thing I want that XP doesn't give me.

Archived