[Official] Lets Welcome Microsoft Windows 10

geeteam

Does anybody asks self when is Beta release date for windows 10 ? :rolleyes:

PS: I think it will be much more stable so i can do a PC services on constumer machines and etc.. first off all for my pc machine CPU: i7 4790k DEVIL! :)

• Replies 33
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MidnightDistortions

They are calling it Windows 10 because they don't want anyone calling it Windows Nein.

So windows 8 to Windows 10?

What happened? The Windows 9 disappeared? I’m very disappointed…

Once, a couple of years ago, a friend of mine told me that he only buys M$ Visual Studio versions with odd numbers, because those worth the money spend, the other versions with even numbers don’t worth it, so, he never buy them.

I agree 101%, win 7 is very good, 8 and 8.1 is what we all know, and now win 10!? I think I’ll wait for the next version, 11 perhaps.

What an utterly idiotic thing to say. I find your logic absurd.

What has the name got to do with it? It's the same codebase whether it's called Windows 9 or Windows 10.

Well Windows has run on a Good->Crap->Good->Crap cycle for awhile, so that makes sense people might judge their other software like that.

No it hasnt. That "opinion" is subjective. Yes Vista was crap in some ways but Win8 is not crap at all. The only people who think this are people who dont use it daily because they are going on sheep opinions.

Ignore the whole Metro hate. I used Windows 8 and if you dig deep enough, you can see things are half baked and signs of a rushed OS. A big example is the huge backwards step in Network Profiles and Wi-Fi management from Windows 7 to 8. I have to go in the Registry to rename stuff, in older OS I didn't have to. I am talking about that Network 2 thing. I know at least Vista allowed renaming. I swap from bridged to shared in VMs and had to set names via the registry.

Agree! I also can tell you that you can do that with command prompt.

When all is said and done, I am sticking to Windows 7 Pro x64, unless they release an operating system with new features and improvements like Windows 7.

Windows 7 is the modern XP.

M$ should give us what we want, or we move to a Linux based operating system.

That's what I intend to do if things don't change.

I don't want a touch screen and I don't want a tablet.

I don't own a cell phone nor want one and I certainly do not want anything that interferes with an easy life.

When all is said and done, I am sticking to Windows 7 Pro x64, unless they release an operating system with new features and improvements like Windows 7.

Windows 7 is the modern XP.

M$ should give us what we want, or we move to a Linux based operating system.

That's what I intend to do if things don't change.

I don't want a touch screen and I don't want a tablet.

I don't own a cell phone nor want one and I certainly do not want anything that interferes with an easy life.

Exactly, I love that piece you put out there. We are subjected to change :p and you (M$) cant force us to like what you want.

So windows 8 to Windows 10?

What happened? The Windows 9 disappeared? I’m very disappointed…

Once, a couple of years ago, a friend of mine told me that he only buys M$ Visual Studio versions with odd numbers, because those worth the money spend, the other versions with even numbers don’t worth it, so, he never buy them.

I agree 101%, win 7 is very good, 8 and 8.1 is what we all know, and now win 10!? I think I’ll wait for the next version, 11 perhaps.

What an utterly idiotic thing to say. I find your logic absurd.

What has the name got to do with it? It's the same codebase whether it's called Windows 9 or Windows 10.

Well Windows has run on a Good->Crap->Good->Crap cycle for awhile, so that makes sense people might judge their other software like that.

No it hasnt. That "opinion" is subjective. Yes Vista was crap in some ways but Win8 is not crap at all. The only people who think this are people who dont use it daily because they are going on sheep opinions.

Ignore the whole Metro hate. I used Windows 8 and if you dig deep enough, you can see things are half baked and signs of a rushed OS. A big example is the huge backwards step in Network Profiles and Wi-Fi management from Windows 7 to 8. I have to go in the Registry to rename stuff, in older OS I didn't have to. I am talking about that Network 2 thing. I know at least Vista allowed renaming. I swap from bridged to shared in VMs and had to set names via the registry.

Actually from that point I agree, Not sure why they have dumbed down networking in Win8/8.1. But off top of head I cant think of anything else I have come across that has gone on my nerves enough to make me think of going back to 7.

Downloading Win10 now, will see what tech preview is like :)

I do use Windows v8 (v8.1) daily as I have to correct all the problems it causes.

I am a mainly Windows 7 Pro SP1 x64 user.

It's great.

I feel I am going to be those being moaned at to upgrade to a new all singing-all-dancing operating system in 10 years just like the XP users are now.

I have five words, ''Windows 7 is da bomb!''

Archived