[Official] Lets Welcome Microsoft Windows 10

geeteam

Microsoft revealed that its next major OS will not get the name that we all expected, Windows 9.

It will be called Windows 10 instead.

Microsoft is expected to release a preview test build of Windows 10 sometime in the next few days.

The company is expected to finalize Windows 10 by the spring of 2015.

OS Name: Windows 10

Build Number: Build 9841

Introducing Windows 10 - the best windows yet... :p

Sources

Microsoft-News.Com

ZDNet.Com

NeoWin.Net

WinBeta.Org

• Replies 33
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Question is which people/department is responsible for the codenames and the naming version of Microsoft Windows OS?

So windows 8 to Windows 10?

Microsoft revealed that its next major OS will not get the name that we all expected, Windows 9.

It will be called Windows 10 instead.

Microsoft is expected to release a preview test build of Windows 10 sometime in the next few days.

The company is expected to finalize Windows 10 by the spring of 2015.

Links Added!

Those who were waiting for Operating System next, Windows 9 / Windows 10 (or call it whatever you will) to be coded just like Windows 7 are in for a rude shock - the release depicted here is a Windows 8, in full bloom.

Here's the deal

Windows 8

Windows 8.1 (8+1) = 9

Windows 10.

:) :) :)

Post the source, geeteam - you seem to have forgotten about it.

Added, its all over the WorldWideWeb :P

Those who dared to employ Windows 8, the 8.1 Update 1 and then the 8.1 Update 2 to finally conquer its idiosyncrasies to the best of their interests would be enjoying a sound slumber, tonight.

Trust me, I am going through this grand feeling of fulfillment, myself - shall wake up, much better equipped with the valuable experience gained in my most pleasurable encounter with the V8.

What happened? The Windows 9 disappeared? I’m very disappointed…

Once, a couple of years ago, a friend of mine told me that he only buys M$ Visual Studio versions with odd numbers, because those worth the money spend, the other versions with even numbers don’t worth it, so, he never buy them.

I agree 101%, win 7 is very good, 8 and 8.1 is what we all know, and now win 10!? I think I’ll wait for the next version, 11 perhaps.

Hell... why not call it Windows 15 ? or Windows 2015 ?? or Windows One (to rule them all..... har har.... )

dcs18 -- care to share some more deep insight bout the 9/10/whateva ?

Once, a couple of years ago, a friend of mine told me that he only buys M$ Visual Studio versions with odd numbers, because those worth the money spend, the other versions with even numbers don’t worth it, so, he never buy them.

I agree 101%, win 7 is very good, 8 and 8.1 is what we all know, and now win 10!? I think I’ll wait for the next version, 11 perhaps.

What an utterly idiotic thing to say. I find your logic absurd.

What has the name got to do with it? It's the same codebase whether it's called Windows 9 or Windows 10.

dcs18 -- care to share some more deep insight bout the 9/10/whateva ?

Have not yet had the opportunity to try out the release published here, bro. - hope to lay my hands on one as soon as possible. 6HUIPBa.gif

still the fugly plain black/white flat tile. whoever the heck in charge of UI design have such a bad taste. God damn, I hate these fugly UI.

What has the name got to do with it? It's the same codebase whether it's called Windows 9 or Windows 10.

Well Windows has run on a Good->Crap->Good->Crap cycle for awhile, so that makes sense people might judge their other software like that.

Yes, just as I expected, she is one ugly bitch - as ugly as the Windows 8 series if not uglier. yXZVmpE.gif

It is gonna be quite a challenge beautifying Windows 10, too - looking forward to some sleepless nights. ^_^

Well Windows has run on a Good->Crap->Good->Crap cycle for awhile, so that makes sense people might judge their other software like that.

No it hasnt. That "opinion" is subjective. Yes Vista was crap in some ways but Win8 is not crap at all. The only people who think this are people who dont use it daily because they are going on sheep opinions.

No it hasnt. That "opinion" is subjective. Yes Vista was crap in some ways but Win8 is not crap at all. The only people who think this are people who dont use it daily because they are going on sheep opinions.

Ignore the whole Metro hate. I used Windows 8 and if you dig deep enough, you can see things are half baked and signs of a rushed OS. A big example is the huge backwards step in Network Profiles and Wi-Fi management from Windows 7 to 8. I have to go in the Registry to rename stuff, in older OS I didn't have to. I am talking about that Network 2 thing. I know at least Vista allowed renaming. I swap from bridged to shared in VMs and had to set names via the registry.

Archived