Microsoft Indonesia: Windows 9 will be free for Windows 8 users

Matsuda

Andreas_Diantoro.jpg

The President of Microsoft Indonesia has stated that Windows 9 will be a free upgrade to existing Windows 8 users. The Technology Preview of Windows 9 is expected to launch next week.

As soon as the OS is released Windows 8 users only have to update their system. Windows 9 will then automatically be installed, according to the President of Microsoft Indonesia, Andreas Diantoro, in an interview with the Indonesian site Detik.
"Easy, when the OS (Windows 9) be released later, users who have been using Windows 8 just need to do the update via his device. It will be installed automatically, "he said.

Microsoft has planned a press event next Tuesday (30th of September) where it willlikely announce Windows 9. The president of Microsoft France hinted that Microsoft’s upcoming OS will be indeed called Windows 9, the OS was codenamed Threshold till now.

From screenshots and videos we know that Windows 9 will reintroduce the start menu but with Metro Live Tiles, it will be possible to run Metro applications in a desktop window and Windows 9 will introduce a notification center. Microsoft will also add its digital assistant Cortana to the OS.

Hjqhvtg.pngOriginal Article

• Replies 24
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeh righto, and honestly does ANYONE with any sense use a JUST released OS? NOT if they have any brains they don't took me nearly a year to go from XP to 7 and I will NEVER have 8 personally (Son's got it on his brand new laptop but since that has now run out of warranty soon as I have a slack period he is going back to 7 because like me he hates 8

Edit SP

I will never deeply understand why ppl hate win 8 so much , is it coz the "start" issue ? or any comparability issue with software's ? :unsure:

I doubt that Windows 9 would be made free to Windows 8 Users - for the sake of all those legitimate Users, hope I am wrong. :dunno:

I doubt that Windows 9 would be made free to windows 8 users, IMO it may be offered to upgrade 8 and 8.1 for a small fee.

It doesn’t make any sense, they got to pay to the developers or they’re working for free?

Micro$$$oft isn’t a beneficiary company, their goal is to earn money not through it away or promote software for free, Windows is not Linux.

from a marketing standpoint offering windows 9 for free to the 8 and 8.1 users makes a lot of sense for a multitude of reasons....windows 8 had no real issues other than people pirating it and getting upset as they put it on obsolete systems...the no start screen issue was solved with free software so that was just people looking for excuses to rant about winxp

...annnddd the first comment we get is "I HAYTZ DAT WINDOZE 8ZZ." It's not funny anymore; although there is a good point there. It's better not to upgrade to a new OS right away.

Offering windows 9 as a free upgrade to 8/8.1 users would be a very nice move, but I have my doubts.

I will never deeply understand why ppl hate win 8 so much , is it coz the "start" issue ? or any comparability issue with software's ? :unsure:

is due the Metro UI and Metro Apps which eats the whole screen, and this is not needed for Desktop PCs.

in short words... the PCs are not tablets.

is due the Metro UI and Metro Apps which eats the whole screen, and this is not needed for Desktop PCs.

yeah man , but u can easily ignored and never ever see it again....there are many stuff beside the metro that ppl may find useless or unnecessary ... so revoke os coz of that is more than stupid :)

Because IMHO its as big a pile of pooh as Vista.

I have actually turned work down on W8 machines unless its a rip it out and put W7 on Please and I have had LOTS (over 50) of those but since I am now officially retired and not taking on new customers I see it as a diminishing problem.

Oh and not just because of the "Start" that is a very minor problem easily sorted .

I doubt that Windows 9 would be made free to Windows 8 Users - for the sake of all those legitimate Users, hope I am wrong. :dunno:

Personally, I hope that the new OS is not free!!! jLPVYKw.gif

Why??? . . . . . . . . . . . . . . well, it is such an entertainment to be a spectator as the the Grumblers start beating their breasts over it, on these very pages. 1VjjZ4q.gif

Now, that is really amusing, to me - especially, when most of those providing all that entertainment turn out to be Peeps who never even installed the damn thing, in the first place (they probably had neither the competency nor the hardware to overcome the latest enigma from Microsoft.) tx38TOr.gif

My Tablet is also a PC, an MS Surface - so love the Win 8.1 interface.

you can boot directly to a desktop if you do not have a touch screen

MidnightDistortions

yeah man , but u can easily ignored and never ever see it again....there are many stuff beside the metro that ppl may find useless or unnecessary ... so revoke os coz of that is more than stupid :)

Metro is the first thing that people see after installing Windows 8. It's not easily ignored when MS is showcasing it and that is more on MS then users unable to ignore it and move on. Heck, after i virtually installed the preview W8 and played around with it for awhile i decided it wasn't worth my time. Others won't justify paying for an OS where they will make it look like W7, not only that these people who complain don't know or don't care about a start menu replacement when MS thinks they can do whatever they want with the OS and expect people to like it. Either way W8 is over and done with, it's time to find out what MS will do with W9.

giving windows 9 away free to legit users does make great sense... 8 users will love they do not have to pay for it and the competitors will have to contend with that fact too...my computer came with windows 8 and i updated to 8.1...and it is new enough that i do not see ant issues moving to windows 9.... i have start is back and i understand it will be updated to work with windows 9 asap if i do not care for the start screen in win9

Andreas_Diantoro.jpg

The President of Microsoft Indonesia has stated that Windows 9 will be a free upgrade to existing Windows 8 users. The Technology Preview of Windows 9 is expected to launch next week.

As soon as the OS is released Windows 8 users only have to update their system. Windows 9 will then automatically be installed, according to the President of Microsoft Indonesia, Andreas Diantoro, in an interview with the Indonesian site Detik.

"Easy, when the OS (Windows 9) be released later, users who have been using Windows 8 just need to do the update via his device. It will be installed automatically, "he said.

Microsoft has planned a press event next Tuesday (30th of September) where it willlikely announce Windows 9. The president of Microsoft France hinted that Microsoft’s upcoming OS will be indeed called Windows 9, the OS was codenamed Threshold till now.

From screenshots and videos we know that Windows 9 will reintroduce the start menu but with Metro Live Tiles, it will be possible to run Metro applications in a desktop window and Windows 9 will introduce a notification center. Microsoft will also add its digital assistant Cortana to the OS.

Hjqhvtg.pngOriginal Article

//www.nsaneforums.com/topic/230260-analysts-say-microsoft-may-ditch-windows-9-brand-name/?p=844544

Source: http://inet.detik.com/read/2014/09/25/182535/2701450/317/ceo-microsoft-windows-9-gratis-asalkan?k=ecym&p=ct

yes, that is not a trouble, the trouble is the Metro UI and Metro Apps that can't be used in window mode or multiple windows with custom sizes, fortunately this will be fixed in Windows 9.

yes, that is not a trouble, the trouble is the Metro UI and Metro Apps that can't be used in window mode or multiple windows with custom sizes, fortunately this will be fixed in Windows 9.

On my system, there is no trace of Metro (Modern UI.) g4ZwQYe.gif

giving windows 9 away free to legit users does make great sense...

Sorry, but I don't agree with that, and how about the other people who use non-official versions?? Don’t they have the same rights?? That’s discrimination… We’re all M$ users.

Sorry, but I don't agree with that, and how about the other people who use non-official versions?? Don’t they have the same rights?? That’s discrimination… We’re all M$ users.

What do you mean by "non-official"? Do you mean pirated versions?

pir...d versions? there is no such thing, i'm talking about an official release with an alternative method of validation!!

pir...d versions? there is no such thing, i'm talking about an official release with an alternative method of validation!!

Hahaha!! Gotcha..

you guys are just gonna steal it anyway... and if you get it for free legitimately the fun will be taken out of it for you :)

you guys are just gonna steal it anyway... and if you get it for free legitimately the fun will be taken out of it for you :)

Now is known, we all got Windows 9 completely free of charge. But what can happen with 10? Maybe it was an important tactical move....

Its always more fun chasing a fix than finding one . Once you find one and everyone talks about over and over its gets old

Because all you proved is that the developers protection is not that good tell they improve it its no more fun ..Its time to move on and find something else to do.. As far as windows it would just save me some cash if a freebie is all . Ive always bought it . Unless its just for a VM or something. :P

Archived