5 Solutions to Stop Computer Freezing

fredlaso

Why computer freezing always happens? Because most users don't perform routine maintenance on their systems. Windows is popular, but it is not perfect. It is known to run slowly, freeze, and crash on users frequently. When your computer suffers from a lack of maintenance, these problems are to be expected.

How to stop computer freezing? Just follow the 5 solutions below.

Fixing Hardware or Software Issues

If computer freezing occurs whenever a particular hardware device is connected or turned on, the device itself may be the culprit. Check the manufacturers website for updated drivers for your device and download and install them to erase all mistakes that may exist in your version. Likewise, if the freezing happens only when using a specific application, the program can also be the root cause. Check for updates on the developer site. If the problem persists, uninstall and reinstall the program. This process replaces all software files or settings that may have been damaged or deleted.

Recommend Driver Tool: IObit Driver Booster

Correcting Problems with system resources

Overwhelming processor or memory of a PC requests can also lead to computer freezing up. If the problem occurs when large files or complex applications are being processed, quit any running application or background utilities that you do not need for the project you are working on. This frees up CPU and RAM space. Within individual programs, avoid opening multiple files or sites at once. If the problem persists and open several large files at the same time cannot be avoided, consider a hardware upgrade.

Correcting general problems of Windows

Windows General Issues are more likely to be the culprit if your computer freezes at seemingly random times in a variety of applications. A key file of Windows may have been deleted or corrupted, or there may be a problem with the file settings from the Windows Registry. Run the Restore from the Tools section of the Accessories folder system in the Start menu for Windows revert to a previous version of the record. This will fix problems prior record without affecting your personal files and settings.

Fixing infections by viruses or spyware

A virus or spyware infection on your computer may also be the source of freezing issues. If you do not have an antivirus or anti-spyware tools on your system, purchase and install one, otherwise, see the programs website to make sure youre running the latest version. Run a full system scan to check for problems and remove all potential threats, and do not forget to repeat this process regularly to avoid future problems.

Recommend Anti-Virus Program: BitDefender Total Security 2015

Correcting problems of internal hardware

A component of damaged internal hardware such as the hard drive or memory modules can also be causing freezing problems, in which case this component will require replacement. A series of system diagnostic tools are available that can check for problems.

Recommend Computer Freezing Diagnostic tools:

Amigabit PowerBooster Pro V4

Advanced SystemCare ultimate 7 Pro

Systweak Special Bundle

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Common sense is the best weapon for avoiding most PC issues. I do daily maintenance of my PC such as using CCleaner, update my programs, and stay away from suspicious sites. I'm not going to bore anyone with everything I do to maintain my PC. I WOULD, however, completely stay away from anything from Iobit.

A fireplace, hot chocolate and a muffler... that must do de trick...

:idea: Nice tips...BUT remember also...

- Keep clean of dust the internal parts of the case: mainboard, ram, cpu heatsink and fans...

- Change thermal compound of the CPU and VGA....clean those fans wisely...

- Adjust all inside for proper ventilation...

- Have You tested your ATX switching power...?

- Have You tested Your RAM...?...HDD/SSD...?...( UBCD )

- Power, sata and IDE cables....?

- BIOS/EFI setup settings ( be careful please with OC... ^_^ )

If all is fine...You are ready to go... :yes:

Recommend Driver Tool:

IObit Driver Booster

Recommend Computer Freezing Diagnostic tools:
Amigabit PowerBooster Pro V4
Advanced SystemCare ultimate 7 Pro
Systweak Special Bundle
:s :s if i install all of those apps, it will break my computer :s

Archived