no nVidia hda in the sound-manager ?

Pete 12

I wonder if someone can explain why I see 4(!) nVidia HDA-drivers in my device-manager,all up to date, and installed. But can not find anything of nVidia in my sound-manager !!

All I see is the DFX and the Realtek-speakers and the Realtek-Digital Output , but NO NVIDIA !

Look;2q367ew.png

Look,please; 5vvodk.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Views 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

YES, I did,still NO nVidia HDA !!

Am I missing something..................?????

nVidia GTX550Ti ,with latest drivers. Win7 x64 SP1

YES, I did,still NO nVidia HDA !!

Am I missing something..................?????

nVidia GTX550Ti ,with latest drivers. Win7 x64 SP1

There is no nVidia device, it is part of your graphic card and it is HDMI related.

It is installed with your graphic card drivers and there is nothing you can do with that in control panel (mean audio part of control panel).

You can uncheck it when you install nVidia driver.

as H4rDw4rE® says. HDMI requires to pass video AND audio to the target device (presumably a TV) so what you see is a pass through virtual device. it would (in theory) redirect the output of your sound card to the tv as long as you're using HDMI....that's it.

So when connecting my PC-monitor with HDMI, ( its now connected with a DVI-cable, the sound goes via external boxes via Realtek and DFX )this nVidia driver does show up in sound-manager ??

Can not find HDMI-port on my ASUS P5K, btw; can I use HDMI on this machine??

Does this HDMI-configuration gives us a better video and sound then mentioned above?? ( on an VE278Q ASUS-monitor )

So when connecting my PC-monitor with HDMI, ( its now connected with a DVI-cable, the sound goes via external boxes via Realtek and DFX )this nVidia driver does show up in sound-manager ??

Can not find HDMI-port on my ASUS P5K, btw; can I use HDMI on this machine??

Does this HDMI-configuration gives us a better video and sound then mentioned above?? ( on an VE278Q ASUS-monitor )

normally you don't NEED HDMI for a pc monitor...DVI at best. as for the other questions: no, no, no idea, no.

hdmi is just a general purpose connection for tvs and other stuff to receive a signal from your card so there's not much to it really.

Clear explanation! So Im not moving from DVI to HDMI , for this monitor.

Still dont know why nVidia does not show up , (all the sound-drivers should appear in sound-manager) nVidia could be visible as "switched off" or "not connected" .

it's a passthrough device, so it doesn't really matter. you won't gain any performance by removing it since it's only used when there's something connected to it. and even then there's no reason to appear as a separate device...what do you expect to do with it if all it does is take the output of your sound card and redirect it?

Ok, I will have to deal with it,I guess.

Anyway you gave us a good reason why we should not move from DVI to HDMI,for our monitor-configuration.

Cheers !

Archived