GPU Accelerated Flash Player

rach

This extension solves issues with lag and stuttering of flash player. Watch your favorite videos and streams with smooth GPU-accelerated playback.

Requirements:
Flash player version 11.x or higher.
Latest GPU drivers.

To get more information about «wmode» values, click here.

I just found this about I don't know if it really works as I don't have good fast internet, but it gets good review so far

FF addon page: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/gpu-accelerated-flash-player/

so, what do you think?

• Replies 12
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

snake oil. if you have a fast gpu, the default "use gpu" checkbox will do. it would hardly be a bottleneck comparable to network speed.

on the other hand, if you DON'T have a discreet gpu, then force activating the option will only make the stuttering worse!...you cannot download a graphics card, alas!

snake oil. if you have a fast gpu, the default "use gpu" checkbox will do. it would hardly be a bottleneck comparable to network speed.

on the other hand, if you DON'T have a discreet gpu, then force activating the option will only make the stuttering worse!...you cannot download a graphics card, alas!

Yeah , if u have 1000$ GPU u need nothing , but this add on can push some other less powerful vga card toward , making the flash playing run smoother , i see nothing bad in it .

its like using GPU for video encoding , boosting speed time ... and YES if u got a 10,000$ pc station , you don't even need that :)

This extension solves issues with lag and stuttering of flash player. Watch your favorite videos and streams with smooth GPU-accelerated playback.

Requirements:

Flash player version 11.x or higher.

Latest GPU drivers.

To get more information about «wmode» values, click here.

I just found this about I don't know if it really works as I don't have good fast internet, but it gets good review so far

FF addon page: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/gpu-accelerated-flash-player/

so, what do you think?

Its working great ! , this feature also exist in "you tube center " add on (direct mode) and in "magic action for you tube" . but nice to add this ability a parted from the big software :)

Yeah , if u have 1000$ GPU u need nothing , but this add on can push some other less powerful vga card toward , making the flash playing run smoother , i see nothing bad in it .

its like using GPU for video encoding , boosting speed time ... and YES if u got a 10,000$ pc station , you don't even need that :)

have you even seen the prices of today's gpus? or you're just talking out of your ass? you can get a DECENT Nvidia for $20 ~ $50 and an ATI for even cheaper! sure you won't be able to play the latest blockbuster games with it but it gives you SOME video acceleration that is more than enough for stutter-less video playback.

then again if you find the placebo effect suits you, by all means go ahead and use it. but all I'm saying is that there is NO WAY to replace hardware acceleration with a software solution. believe me, I've tried. you can emulate it, yes, but you do not gain the performance of having the proper hardware for the task.

have you even seen the prices of today's gpus? or you're just talking out of your ass? you can get a DECENT Nvidia for $20 ~ $50 and an ATI for even cheaper! sure you won't be able to play the latest blockbuster games with it but it gives you SOME video acceleration that is more than enough for stutter-less video playback.

then again if you find the placebo effect suits you, by all means go ahead and use it. but all I'm saying is that there is NO WAY to replace hardware acceleration with a software solution. believe me, I've tried. you can emulate it, yes, but you do not gain the performance of having the proper hardware for the task.

it doesnt matter what GPU you got , this addon will boost your current state . :)

Flash, now pegging your CPU AND your GPU at 100% to display ads, coming to a PC near you!

Flash, now pegging your CPU AND your GPU at 100% to display ads, coming to a PC near you!

Very funny and very true.

I just discovered this addon for FF a couple of days ago. I have been trying it out on my system. I do notice a difference for some sites, like for instance The WWE Network plays smoother in full screen with FF. Since installing this addon I have been watching my GPU temps and GPU utilization percentages closely. The addon does not cause my GPU to go anywhere near 100%. Altho as expected GPU utilization does go up slightly along with the temperature. As far as the CPU is concerned, no difference what so-ever running this addon. I like it so far!

Version 1.25 Released September 26, 2014

45.8 kB Works with Firefox 26.0 and later

Changelog of updates from September 8, 2014 to September 26, 2014:

Added function for properly work of HTML-based controls overlay.

Added detection function of embedded flash.

Added request to draw function for websites where static image of video preview overlaps flash object.

Added function for removing CSS classes which contains incompatible style properties like «transform» in the parent div tag of flash object.

Added check for flash objects where used «allowfullscreen» param to avoid injection into elements like flash banners.

Improved: loading add-on after the DOM for the page has been constructed. Now injection will be completed before page being rendered.

Improved flash object redraw function.

Improved injection to «wmode» attribute.

Minor bug fixes and improvements.

Optimized functions of the extension.

Archived