Apple tipped to launch new iPad models and OS X Yosemite next month

geeteam

According to a report by The Daily Dot, Apple will unveil new iPad models next month, on October 21.

The latest OS X Yosemite is also expected to launch on the same date.

gsmarena_001.jpg

An October launch for the next generation Apple iPad family should hardly catch anyone by surprise.

Cupertino pulled the same trick last year by launching iPad Air and iPad mini 2 a month after the iPhone 5s. Apple launched the iPhone 6 and the iPhone 6 Plus last week.

Apple’s upcoming full-size tablet has leaked on a number of occasions in the past. The device will reportedly pack two gigs of RAM in order to be able to support splt-screen multitasking. A Touch ID sensor is also all but certain to appear on the device.

Source

• Replies 3
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Next OS X can't come up soon enough.

Apple really fucked up what with the iCloud Drive upgrade being available today, but you need BETA OS if you use a Mac. Bet plenty will upgrade and get shut out of something.

To think I'm upgrading a lot of iMacs to 10.9 as is just recently, all this close to 10.10.

Apple really fucked up what with the iCloud Drive upgrade being available today, but you need BETA OS if you use a Mac. Bet plenty will upgrade and get shut out of something.

To think I'm upgrading a lot of iMacs to 10.9 as is just recently, all this close to 10.10.

You dont trust Apple on that i guess.

Also you could check out OS X Mavericks 10.9.5 which is available now.

You dont trust Apple on that i guess.

Also you could check out OS X Mavericks 10.9.5 which is available now.

Already have that already at home, plus a VM of 10.9.5, and an SD card with 10.9.5 bootable. I move fast on updates.

No I don't trust Apple on that iCloud thing. It was a bad move, and could have been easily avoided. Couldn't they have pushed an iOS 8.0.1 to avoid upgrading iCloud to something their latest (stable) Desktop OS can't use, at least?

I know unlike MS they don't worry as much about backwards compatibility (who honestly takes that too far what with 16 bit ancient garbage still being supported and all the baggage code hanging to support old stuff), but FFS iCloud is a god damn web service using a heavily controlled API. It should have been easy to let the old API redirect to the new system and old apps be none the wiser.

I use an iMac at work and I just got the green light to make all the iMacs run 10.9 instead of 10.8 (well 1 has 10.6 but whatever), then this comes out. I have 2-3 apps that I also use at home and on the iPhone, now I either have to not upgrade my home stuff, or upgrade iCloud and try to get the OK for 10.10 in a reasonable amount of time.

Given 2 of those apps can do Dropbox Sync instead I may have to do that as a stopgap.

Archived