Acronis True Image Home 2015 18 Build 5539

jalaffa

What is the average restore time that you have with Acronis?

On my system, depending on the type of Acronis restore - anything between 7 seconds to 14 minutes.

• Replies 245
  • Views 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Backup/restore has got nothing to do about the sensitivity of one's data - it is about protecting against loss of that data and also against the time element involved in installing and re-configuring one's system.

Moreover backup/restore is not limited to just the system drive.

relax dude there is nothing to lose @@ its just an os

not ur babe :wub:

& + i prefer IFD ^_^

Backup/restore has got nothing to do about the sensitivity of one's data - it is about protecting against loss of that data and also against the time element involved in installing and re-configuring one's system.

Moreover backup/restore is not limited to just the system drive.

relax dude there is nothing to lose @@ its just an os

not ur babe :wub:

& + i prefer IFD ^_^

Try relaxing yourself, kid. :coolwink:

On my system, depending on the type of Acronis restore - anything between 7 seconds to 14 minutes.

use IFD and 5 min will be ur worst case scenario

How 7 seconds?Are you using SSD? :think:

Does Acronis do differential/changed sectors restore like AX64TM? :unsure:

use IFD and 5 min will be ur worst case scenario

Shall certainly ask for your advice when I need it - in the meanwhile, you can keep your IFD to yourself.

How 7 seconds?Are you using SSD? :think:

On a SSD, the restore time would be even more swifter.

:snack:

Why does the restore time vary from 7 seconds to 14 minutes?Do you have any trick? :naughty:

Why does the restore time vary from 7 seconds to 14 minutes?Do you have any trick? :naughty:

Oh yeah, I do have some aces up my sleeve - did want to share them, too.

Acronis offers not only differential backup/restore - but also, incremental backup/restore.

Oh yeah, I do have some aces up my sleeve - did want to share them, too.

Acronis offers not only differential backup/restore - but also, incremental backup/restore.

OK. :) How does incremental restores work?Are they as reliable as normal restores?Could you explain?

It is time for a break - burn injuries can get quite painful, traumatic too. :sneaky:

ofcourse ur health comes first....

these things come and go but life comes only once.

hoping for u to get better :flowers:

c ya :hi:

@ Acronis Users

Have you ever tested Incremental Restores?Are they as reliable as normal restore?What are your restore time with Acronis' Incremental Restores while restoring the OS partition?

On a parting note, I would like to point out that most wrong choices on choosing a backup/restore program have been made simply because they were based on the wrong parameter of speed instead of reliability & granularity.

Acronis may not be the fastest - but, it is still holds its own amongst the top 3, in speed. However, one would hardly come across an accomplished Acronis User bragging about speed, for simple reasons cited and underlined in my previous para.

It is time for a break - burn injuries can get quite painful, traumatic too. :sneaky:

Hi dcs18! welcome! how are you buddy? i hope you get well soon!

All good, my friend - just got myself out of rehabilitation. ^_^

Is very nice to read you again! take care of your injuries! the forum wasn't the same since you left! :)

Airstream_Bill

I only Trust Acronis and I boot on a ThumbDrive or CD with these new Versions. It is Tooooo Simple not to make a Full System backup of ones System. Then you can mess around all you want knowing that you can restore your system without problems. I do have ONE Windows Image backup in reserve. Full System Restore with Acronis on my laptop is about 15 -18 minuets. I think my system total size is about 50 gig.

I don't think Acronis can make fast restores of changed sectors of the OS partition in few seconds or minutes like AX64 Time Machine.

What dcs18 said might have been restore of file/folder not the OS partition. :P

Wouldn't restoring a incremental/differential backup take more time than restoring a full backup? :think:

Shall certainly ask for your advice when I need it - in the meanwhile, you can keep your IFD to yourself.

dont u worry

i did a long long time ago ^_*

On a parting note, I would like to point out that most wrong choices on choosing a backup/restore program have been made simply because they were based on the wrong parameter of speed instead of reliability & granularity.

Acronis may not be the fastest - but, it is still holds its own amongst the top 3, in speed. However, one would hardly come across an accomplished Acronis User bragging about speed, for simple reasons cited and underlined in my previous para.

i totally agree with in this one but not all of the case r deadly

i use a 1 mb bootable backup tool that backup so so fast & restore with all advanced option and compression level + i only backup C:\

+

Hope you recover soon :) because i always miss arguing with u pal

+

sorry for the langage @@

I am old school style, so I don't really use AX64 for its way of backup/restore.

I do a simple Whole disk imaging of my OS ssd to at least two external HDDs, then that's it. I know it was not affected with any malware and the image is the cleanest at that stage. I keep all the personal data on different internal HDDs, so that my OS ssd always just OS drive, no personal data. So when time comes, I simply restore the image, which would not affect my personal data on other drives.

The total restore time on my machine, a full restore, lasts less than 1.5 minute. I have ~25 GB of OS+Programs. I never find a need for programs like AX64. So in my situation, Acronis+IFL are all I need for my backup/restore.

I don't think Acronis can make fast restores of changed sectors of the OS partition in few seconds or minutes like AX64 Time Machine.

What dcs18 said might have been restore of file/folder not the OS partition. :P

Wouldn't restoring a incremental backup take more time than restoring a full backup? :think:

The total restore time on my machine, a full restore, lasts less than 1.5 minute. I have ~25 GB of OS+Programs. I never find a need for programs like AX64. So in my situation, Acronis+IFL are all I need for my backup/restore.

I agree the speeds with SSD.But is it possible to restore a full/differential/incremental backup of OS partition to HDD in 7 seconds with Acronis? :think:

If yes,feel free to share the trick :)

Archived