Acronis True Image Home 2015 18 Build 5539

jalaffa

• Replies 245
  • Views 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As pointed out by oliverjia and software182 its not backup software at all the best ones are like Acroins, and Terabyte . You would even be much better off using free ones like COMODO Backup or AOMEI Backupper Standard then a restore program to try to make backups Rollback Rx dont even qualify as a back up program .

I installed the RePack version and it installed perfectly. I checked the license and it was activated. I created a backup and that worked as well. However, unlike previous versions, the new version will not let you do a full restore from a Backup created from Acronis 2014. Their are other quirks but I'm not finished testing yet.

You mean the new 2015 version does not compatible with the file format of ATIH 2014?

I installed the RePack version and it installed perfectly. I checked the license and it was activated. I created a backup and that worked as well. However, unlike previous versions, the new version will not let you do a full restore from a Backup created from Acronis 2014. Their are other quirks but I'm not finished testing yet.

RollBack Rx is good for testing software :) Use imaging software like IFW,Acronis,etc to backup your OS.Then play with RollBack Rx :lol:

AX64TM is also a good option.You can also use Virtual Machines for testing Software :think:

RollBack Rx is good for testing software :) Use imaging software like IFW,Acronis,etc to backup your OS.Then play with RollBack Rx :lol:

testing anything software drivers (like NVDIA is one of there costumer ^_^) tweaks any kind of changes even one bit !!!

You mean the new 2015 version does not compatible with the file format of ATIH 2014?

The program says that you can recover the data files but not the system files. Very unfortunate.

testing anything software drivers (like NVDIA is one of there costumer ^_^) tweaks any kind of changes even one bit !!!

RollBack Rx is my backup program for 30 days,Uninstall RollBack Rx,restore the image using IFW,update Windows,defrag,create new backup image using IFW and then install RollBack Rx again :dance: :wub:

RollBack Rx is my backup program for 30 days,Uninstall RollBack Rx,restore the image using IFW,update Windows,defrag,create new backup image using IFW and then install RollBack Rx again :dance: :wub:

perfect but why 30 days ? u mean usually ?

u should boot from an external and backup using IFD & IFL

defragment after installing RRX but before restarting ^^

Airstream_Bill

I did a full system restore of a 2014 backup and had no problems. I did not use the program from inside windows. I used the 2015 rescue media on a CD. that I made with the 2015 program.

Use imaging software like IFW,Acronis,etc to backup your OS.Then play with RollBack Rx :lol:

Anybody who has truly learned to use Acronis would never stoop down to a software like Rollback Rx which at best, is just a restore program. h3uXN07.gif

It is little wonder that the Author of RollBack Rx, himself openly advises his Users to employ an alternative backup plan if using RollBack Rx.

perfect but why 30 days ? u mean usually ?

u should boot from an external and backup using IFD & IFL

defragment after installing RRX but before restarting ^^

I would like to make a backup image after every Patch Tuesday. :yes: I am using IFW WinPE to backup :)

Anybody who has truly learned to use Acronis would never stoop down to a software like Rollback Rx which at best, is just a restore program. h3uXN07.gif

I don't like to :pirate: Acronis,also it is not as fast as RollBack Rx when it comes to restores;using RollBack Rx just as a restore program.

I don't like to :pirate: Acronis,also it is not as fast as RollBack Rx when it comes to restores;using RollBack Rx just as a restore program.

The key word is now being highlighted above - it is about being truly learned.

A successful disaster-busting plan relies much more on reliability and integrity than on speed.

A restore is only as good as the backup - try backing up your system to other hardware, using RollBack Rx.

FWIW, those who are truly learned about Acronis use it without :pirate: it - without paying for it, either.

A successful disaster-busting plan relies much more on reliability and integrity than on speed.

I have backup images with IFW,so no need to worry about Acronis.

For Speed,i have RollBack Rx.For Disaster Recovery,there is IFW.Also i don't have need for deploying images to dissimliar hardware.

Have backup of important data to External HDD.

A restore is only as good as the backup - try backing up your system to other hardware, using RollBack Rx.

FWIW, those who are truly learned about Acronis use it without :pirate: it - without paying for it, either.

u see not everybody have sensitive data on the system drive & most definitely not everyone has the same ways of living ^_*

I have backup images with IFW,so no need to worry about Acronis.

looool i like ur ways of thinking & some people had bad experiences with RRX

well i had those to but i also had more ^_^

I have backup images with IFW,so don't need to worry about Acronis.

Well well . . . . . . . . . . I thought we were discussing about how essential RollBack Rx is, in the life of an Acronis User - not about IFW. yXZVmpE.gif

I have backup images with IFW,so don't need to worry about Acronis.

Well well . . . . . . . . . . I thought we were discussing about how essential RollBack Rx is, in the life of an Acronis User - not about IFW. yXZVmpE.gif

there we go .... <_<

the Drama @@

RollBack Rx satisfies my needs,so i am happy using it.We were discussing only Try & decide feature of Acronis and RollBack Rx fast restores not the whole backup/snapshot program.

I guess you don't use Try and Decide feature of Acronis :think:

RollBack Rx satisfies my needs,so i am happy using it.We were discussing only Try & decide feature of Acronis and RollBack Rx fast restores not thw whole backup/snapshot program.

I guess you don't use Try and Decide feature of Acronis :think:

Don't need to use the Try and Decide feature once I have a system-wide Acronis image in my custody.

As an ardent beta-tester, RollBack Rx does not satisfy my needs:-

• is limited to just the system it is installed on,
  • is buggy for the most part of a new OS,
  • lags my system since it is continuously running in the background when it pleases not when I want it to
  • cannot backup selectively as per my desire

cannot backup selectively as per my desire

What do you mean by that? :unsure:

What is the average restore time that you have with Acronis?

u see not everybody have sensitive data on the system drive & most definitely not everyone has the same ways of living ^_*

Backup/restore has got nothing to do about the sensitivity of one's data - it is about protecting against loss of that data and also against the time element involved in installing and re-configuring one's system.

Moreover backup/restore is not limited to just the system drive.

• is buggy for the most part of a new OS, ^_^ waw
  • lags my system since it is continuously running in the background when it pleases not when I want it to @@ rollback rx modify ur os with couple thing couple drivers ^^ one startup try app & the shield main service & the client service well i tried this a long time ago even in xp u can disable all of those except the drivers that identify the VFS + the MBR @@
  • cannot backup selectively as per my desire @@ u can in almost 1 sec @@

No Try&Decide anymore :o

If the Try&Decide is not present in this "update" then this program is not on my list anymore!!

Have to stay with Acronis 2014, with the Try&Decide .How on earth can they remove this wonderfull option in Acronis ???

Maybe we still can use the 2014-version in Win 9 ..........

What is average restore time when you used T&D feature? :think:

Archived