AV-Comparatives Real-World Protection Test (August 2014)

212eta

• Replies 38
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Avira and Panda 100% :w00t:

Bitdefender and Kaspersky again at 99% thats great to whille ESET failed at 98% :lol: and AVAST even worst at 96% :doh: :lol:

well i dont care, I switched from AVIRA to Eset due to all the false positives avira was given me on files i've had on my hdds for the past 4 years.

files for example which are packed with either Upack, Pecompact, or FSG <Fast Small Good. Which eset say are clean. and virustotal aswell.

same here, though surprised at eset coming so down in the list, but the real world scenario is different from lab tested ones. also a percentage or 1.5 % hardly makes any difference in real world usage

same here, though surprised at eset coming so down in the list, but the real world scenario is different from lab tested ones. also a percentage or 1.5 % hardly makes any difference in real world usage

Example they tested on 10.000 infected files and 1.5% is 150 infected files well thats a lot dont be blind ESET fan :)

Example they tested on 10.000 infected files and 1.5% is 150 infected files well thats a lot dont be blind ESET fan :)

But I doubt that you'll find one of those 150 infected file by just normally browsing the Internet on your usual websites. And if you do, I'm sure you won't condemn yourself to blindly open the possible infected file, since you already have the basic "computering" skill to avoid that and detecting them.

Why is that funny? Avira has been a solid AV for years on end. It's also taking up a mere 30MB +/- of memory.

Yeah funny ( for me ) :) So what's the problem with you ? i didn't say any words avira is bad AV :)

am a regular user of KIS since 5 years..nevr looked back again..am 100000% happy n satisfied with KIS PROTECTION ...

sincere thanks to KIS TEAM

Eset with 98.1 is very good for many of us, who know what to do. I, personally, never got infected, and I have used may AVs, even MSE.

So, yeah, Eset with Eset blocking 98,1% of threats and being able to clean 88% of the infections, and with the absofuckinglutely wonderful Mara Fix is awesome!!!

In real world, doing the usual, the user rarely gets in touch with a virus or an infected file (I don't remember the last time i had a pop up from my av, saying that file x or file y was infected...). Imagine the possibility of being infected with one of the 1,9% missed samples.

Extremely rare! IMO, only missing 1,9%, the user will only get infected if he wants!

One of those mindless users that clicks on everything, than the AV warns him, and he ignores or disables the AV, and try again.

And, I believe that even after doing all of this, it is pretty damm hard to get an infection that ESET will not be able to remove and to restore the system...

It might be just me, but I think that this is the picture, or the big picture for anyone who gets a virus that destroys the system and will force the user to format the PC.

It is all knowledge and common sense...

Neva faced a prob with KIS so..far

Not changing my av

My favorite Antivirus are Kaspersky , Eset NOD32 And AVAST i like the fact they have exclude and good protection . Avast even have exclude in the free version . Since I switched over to running x64 I ran Avast for years and never got infected .Avira Free on the other hand has good protection but It has so many false positives and no exclude . If you have a key you have a lot false positives with exclude You take other test like Dennis test and Matousec test Avira didn't do so hot. But Kaspersky did well in all test that should tell you something.

Skunk1966, on 17 Sept 2014 - 20:47, said:

I don't care about these tests; all that matters is what users know (I'll stay with ESET)

OF course with Vinny27 - Eset Antivirus & Smart Security v7.0.317.4 NL :cheers:

100% or 98% is more or less the same , what most matter is the GUI and its user friendly capability.

From a security software I personally don't expect user friendlyness not a appealing GUI, especially since they are meant to be set up once then forgotten.

I miss the old Kaspersky for that (version 4), where you were be able to completely disable the GUI/tray icon and configure a lot of stuffs for any needs you can imagine (RAM was expensive at this time, so you'd benefit from disabling anything you can, including Windows services or such).

I loved kaspersky 5 it was my favorite it was the best in its day but still today anti virus programs even free ones like avast are much better . Because back then you could had been using a free antivirus like AVG and got infected installed KAV 5 it could not remove some virus but if you would had it installed to begin with it would stopped you from getting the virus to began with. there prevention was better than removal back then. You would have to reformatted to get rid of it because you didn't have it installed 1st . We use to call AVG Another Virus Got By back then. :lol:

Avast even the free version can remove a virus on boot up scan. So you cant really compare the old Antivirus from yesteryear with The Antivirus of today were no one hardily gets infected. Good Protection is the main thing.

Hey listen to me....and this is the last word i said here in Av comparitive here...And that is...Nothing is even near the Kaspersky. No other product can even imitate the functionality programmed in Kaspersky

Archived