Configure Windows services optimally [4 faster start up n xtra safety]]

Blackchildcx

ff634437d3.jpg

Windows is not stingy with services that are automatically started in the background. Some can do without, others are even redundant. This must be considered when optimal configuration of services.
System processes that are not running in the user context, but must be managed by the system itself, Windows starts as a service. Services run with the privileges of the system, regardless of user accounts and registered users. Most services operate in the background and provide functionality over Windows components ready.

For those want to squeeze the maximum out of there computer there are many ways to do this...

most of PC users are using so called "tuning" software to optimize n tweak the OS...

While its sure smart to clean and maintain a system there are other, more efficient ways to do this.

One is to tweak the OS with one of the many softwares out there..(A good one comes with Reg Organizer).

Another one is to temporary disable/delay automatic startup items..

And then U can tweak windowss services......

Its safe if U follow this threat!

To RESET SERVICES AGAIN READ THIS HERE: http://www.blackviper.com/

OK.......HEY HO.. lets go! :)

First :

Windows Service is an executable which runs in the background in Windows. Most of the Windows services start with the system startup. The main purpose of the services is for them to run in the background and keep performing a particular task or trigger an action when needed.

There are two major groups of services. The first group of services includes the default services from Microsoft while the second group consists of services created by third party software.

Accessing and Managing Services

Windows provides a few ways to access and manage the Services installed on the computer.

1. Task Manager

The easiest way to find out about the running services in Windows 8 is via the Task Manager. Open the Task Manager and click the “Services” tab. You should see all the services in your computer.

2. Services Management Console

If you need more information about the services, you can go to “Run -> services.msc”. This will open the Services Management Console where you can view and manage your services.

The advantage of managing Services through the management console is that you will get descriptions of each service making it easier for you to decide what to do with the service.

Viewing only services created by third party software

In most cases, you will only see the big list of services that include both the default services by Microsoft and those that are created by third party software. To only list the third party services, follow the steps below:

1. Open Microsoft Configuration Utility by going to “Run -> msconfig”
  2. Go to the Services tab
  3. Check “Hide all Microsoft services” (ALT + H)

This will hide all Microsoft-related services and show only those services created by third party software. If you want, you can uncheck any of the services to remove them from running in the background.

Safely disable services without any complication

Some of the services are essential to the system and wrongly disabling them can cause the whole computer to malfunction. If you are not sure which services can be disabled and which one you need to keep it constantly running, you can use Vista Services Optimizer software.

Vista Services Optimizer is a useful software which can tweak the services according to your profile.

Although the software does not mention Windows 8 in the system requirements, I can confirm that it works in Windows 8.

Manualy optimisation:

These services are unnecessary in most cases:

Adaptive Brightness: Can adjust the screen brightness in an existing sensor, such as Windows 8 tablets. Without the sensor service is unnecessary and can be disabled.

Bluetooth support service: important when connecting to Bluetooth devices. Who does not need the function due to lack of Bluetooth devices that can disable the service completely.

Diagnostic Policy Service: Provides the rarely useful diagnostic functions in the absence of network connectivity and network problems. The Startup type "Manual" suffices.

Enumerator Service for Mobile Devices: Allowed Group Policy for devices such as USB flash drives and allows programs like Windows Media Player, the identification of MP3 players. The service can be set to "Manual".

Fax: Provides fax capability. Can be disabled if the PC send fax messages and to receive.

IP Helper service: Enables the use of IPv6 through IPv4 connections. For network connections without IPv6, the service can be deactivated simply.

Offline files: Keeps a file cache for offline files date and can be disabled if you want to cache any files from the network.

Program Compatibility Assistant Service: If an incompatible program / gaming mode for an older version of Windows, this service helps in solving startup problems. If all programs run without this help, comes the Startup type "Disabled" question.

Remote Registry: Provides an interface for connection with regedit.exe from other computers over the network. Needless to standalone PCs and can be disabled.

Routing and Remote Access: If other PCs on the network to use the Internet Connection Sharing, you need this service. May otherwise be set to "Manual".

Security Center: Sets the warnings and information about security settings for firewall, antivirus and Windows updates in the system tray ready. Advanced users disable the service like, because the messages are redundant.

SSDP Discovery: Find UPnP devices on the network, such as Xbox games console via the Simple Service Discovery Protocol. Who the other hand, only accesses traditional network devices, you can disable the service.

Superfetch: Optimized the load time of frequently used programs by a dynamically sized cache in memory. Can be disabled when using an SSD.

Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service: The "streaming media" in Windows Media Player needs this service. Who generally does not use this function, or the player can disable the service.

Windows Search: Updated the file index for the Windows Search for faster scan in the background. Can be disabled when using an SSD/thirt party software like FileLocator.

Windows Defender: If You use AV software like G DATA/Kaspersky/Bitdefender/Avira/Avast/Eset......!

(Most AV software will disable Windows Defender while setup)

You can use offline defender instead: http://www.tomsguide.com/us/download/Windows-Defender-Offline,0301-50496.html

Windows Image Acquisition (WIA): Needed to connect to scanners and cameras. But the Startup type "Manual" is to completely sufficient.

show the dependencies purpose

Microsoft provides in Computer Management to all services with a description and this falls in places of some length, but not always clearly reveals the purpose of an entry. Before you make a wrong decision regarding the relevance of a service should be invoked by right-clicking its properties. For unknown services, from whose description does not make sense, the rider helps "dependencies". There you can not only see what system components the service accesses. In the second window you Windows also shows which functions of this service are in turn dependent.

A practical example of this is the "Multimedia Class Scheduler". The description is a little skimpy, what exactly does the service remains in the dark. Taking a look at the dependencies, however, shows that "Windows Audio" is dependent on the service - without "Windows Audio" can not play sounds of the system. Disabling would here so unwanted side effects.

c15f4828be.jpg

Configuration change:

A systematic approach
A complete guide on which services can be disabled without causing problems comes with subsequently installed programs or suddenly needed again but Windows functions later, I can not deliver. Given the demands on a Windows system are too different. There is not only known Windows services, but also a number subsequently installed services that include drivers from hardware manufacturers - disabling would in most cases undesirable side effects if the connected hardware no longer works as usual. However, there are rarely required or dispensable services that can be shut down without great risk. To have a clue when configured margins, the export of services list recommends using the default settings before you can start with our own experiments (see box "Services Configuration Record").

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KILL DANGEROUS WINDOWS SERVICES:

d3d2284aa5.pngd3d2284aa5.pngd3d2284aa5.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not all Windows services are safe: Some hackers offer thanks vulnerabilities much attack surface for PC attacks. Here´s how 2 fill the gaps......:

General rule: The fewer services running, the less ports (channels) are opened in Windows. Since these are often used by hackers as a backdoor into the system, you should try to make as few as possible simultaneously. To turn off unnecessary services:

Start the Management Console "services" by pressing the Windows key and R and enter services.msc the key. You will find plenty of running services ("Started"), which are not required in any environment. Safety-relevant are the following, often-essential components:

• Computer Browser is unnecessary on a work computer in the company, where a server updates the list of network PCs. In the private network, a PC should hold started this service.
• Fax is not necessary if you send and receive faxes in the network.

• Remote Registry is superfluous in a private environment.

• Routing and Remote Access, you need only when you use the Internet Connection Sharing in the private sphere.
• SNMP Trap You can also disable the home network.
• Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service is unnecessary if you do not use the Program or its media release.

To stop a service, use by double-clicking on it first the "Finish" button. Then you can use it with the "Startup type: Disabled" switch off permanently.

Qtranslate and me did our best to give U the board language :)

SOURCE:

THE WORLD WIDE WEB!

I would love if U share what You´ve done to get most out of M$ OS ;)

Peace.......... :eekout:

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

all of these r already disabled here ^_^

except

Security Center: Sets the warnings and information about security settings for firewall, antivirus and Windows updates in the system tray ready. Advanced users disable the service like, because the messages are redundant.

Superfetch: Optimized the load time of frequently used programs by a dynamically sized cache in memory. Can be disabled when using an SSD.

Confessions of a security pro: I was wrong about host hardening After years of preaching host hardening, this security expert realizes the practice isn't always beneficial -- and can be harmful

http://www.infoworld.com/article/2624054/access-control/confessions-of-a-security-pro--i-was-wrong-about-host-hardening.html

OK, it can b ...but I think the above posted is a good alternative....! Some people tweak to deep n to much! with eyes wide shut!!##

;)

tnx!

I recomand to do a image/backup thats 4 sure..My services optimized now on win 8.1 *64 and I have a 2.4 sec faster boot up n bout 250 mb more RAM....

This is not too much.....But its better than using snake oil and tuning software wrackin da system ;)

(and I had some time to do research and thought that could be helpfull to some one here ;)

I do disable some myself. Always Media Player Network and Search Indexing. Usually done through Yamicsoft Windows Manager.

Indexing can use a lot of resources and the difference is noticeable.

Blackvipre is THE place to go if you want to try things. Always make an image/backup first ;) You don't know what you use till it's gone :o

I do disable some myself. Always Media Player Network and Search Indexing. Usually done through Yamicsoft Windows Manager.

Indexing can use a lot of resources and the difference is noticeable.

Blackvipre is THE place to go if you want to try things. Always make an image/backup first ;) You don't know what you use till it's gone :o

Agreed, Vipre's the long standing expert in this area and gives good explanations, spells out consequences and options.

Yup...and I love to tweak n hardenin my OS.....(and I hate to spent time, money n nervs by using so called ultimate tuning solutions ;)

I had to learn that there are not much software solutions outhere 4 optimizing the win os that r realy helpfull....Some of them killed my OS in seconds......;)

Archived