This is Windows 9's notification center in action

Matsuda

In a video published by WinFuture, the notification center can be seen aggregating alerts from both toast notifications sent by Windows Store apps and balloon tips sent in the traditional notification area on the taskbar. By clicking on the notification center icon in the taskbar, all the alerts are displayed with the application's name and a summary of the notification (in Skype, for instance, the text sent by a friend is displayed).

The notification center also displays the time an app sent an alert as well as a button to clear all notifications. Additionally, alerts in the notification center can be removed one at a time by clicking an "X" icon when hovering over them with a mouse. Alerts are segregated by app, with the video showing all Skype alerts displaying first, followed by all File Explorer alerts.

Windows 9, known internally at Microsoft as part of a wave of updates codenamed "Threshold," is expected to be officially revealed on Sept. 30. Major updates include the return of the Start menu, the addition of virtual desktops and the notification center. Microsoft's Cortana digital assistant, currently found in Windows Phone, is also expected to make the leap to Windows, though it's not fully clear how it will be implemented.

A public preview of Windows 9 is expected to be released on or near its Sept. 30 unveiling.

• Replies 4
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cant wait..........! :)

Does anybody Knows if they will finally change ntfs ? Can't wait to try it!!

Change NTFS? I sure hope you are not anticipating ReFS -- I am currently backing up a degraded 15TB array that was ReFS. Think I will take NTFS with RAID-5 any day.

MidnightDistortions

That is pretty useful and intuitive.

Archived