Leaked Screenshot Shows Evidence of Cortana in Windows 9

Matsuda

cortana.jpg

There are lots of new features included in the existing builds of Windows 9, and while some are pretty obvious and can be easily spotted by any of you, others are actually hidden and can only be observed if you look at every single detail of the screenshots.

This is the case with Cortana integration in Windows 9, as one of the screenshots that got leaked yesterday appears to be revealing the very first sign that Microsoft’s personal assistant could be part of the desktop operating system when it is released in early 2015.

As you can see for yourselves by zooming in on this picture, the Start menu has a small option that reads “Remind me,” which, according to some sources, could actually be the first implementation of Cortana in a desktop operating system.

Microsoft hasn’t confirmed such a project so far, but several company engineers had already assured in the past that Cortana was set to be released on other platforms too.

Reminder options already available

The existing Windows 9 preview builds reportedly come with an option called “Remind me” and allowing users to set up reminders on their PCs or tablets.

While at this point it’s not yet clear whether this new feature supports voice commands or not, it’s believed that at some point Microsoft will update it with new functionality that would bring it closer to what we can see today in the personal assistant available on Windows Phone 8.1.

The preview build of the operating system scheduled to be unveiled later this month is very likely to come without Cortana, but Microsoft is expected to add it through the new Windows Update mechanism implemented in the product at a later time.

Exclusively available for Windows Phone 8.1 users

Cortana is at this point available on Windows Phone 8.1 exclusively, but at the time of this feature’s debut, Microsoft hinted that a launch on other platforms was also possible.

The first in the launch queue are none other than desktops and tablets running Microsoft’s operating system, with people close to the matter indicating that Windows 9 is the very first operating system to get it and make the personal assistant available on all devices, including PCs, tablets, and smartphones.

The stable version of Windows 9, scheduled to be launched in April 2015, is very likely to bring a stable build of Cortana, sources say. At this point, early versions of the software are indeed available for testing, but only to a very limited number of company employees.

wTAnz2s.pngOriginal Article

• Replies 2
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cortana :wub: :love: :hug:

My personal Assistant ^_^

Hope she can keep me happy :naughty:

Cortana is the only sexy thing that msft have ever made. I love the implementation of that binary girl.

Archived