Recover Data from formatted Seagate external hard drive

Blancheto0

Thank you for reading my drive data recovery experience. I hope it can give you some clues when you also had to rescue lsot data from formatted storage device.

In fact, my Seagate external hard drive has been used over 15 months and often helps me hold some new copy of my important computer data, just like a backup drive. But, last Monday, this external hard drive was formatted by my friend when he tried to transfer his wanted data to his computer. Not only his needed data and also all of my reserved videos, images, audios and even work files were gone. Even the Recycle Bin also showed nothing.

So, since I really could not afford to lose all my drive data, I searched and consulted many experts online. And also tried many drive data recovery software online.

Fortunately, I finally found an article over the internet and followed the listed data recovery instructions to get almost all of my original card data back at the aid of Seagate drive data recovery software:

Step1. Stop using this external hard drive and plunge it to computer.

Step2. Download drive data recovery software to computer partition and also launch this software there well.

Step3. Thoroughly scan this drive and also preview all found drive data.

Step4. Restore all needed drive data and move them to safe places, but, not to the same Seagate external hard drive.

Here, this is my found article for you to know more information of data recovery:

http://seagate-drive-recovery.blogspot.com/2014/05/seagate-external-hard-drive-recovery-after-format.html

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this same problem (formated Seagate external hard drive) was with me, i used Recover my files

and all files recoverd through by Recover my files

recovering data is a major pain in the ass im glad i dont run a business where that data HAS TO COME BACK or else!

usually when i format a drive i pretty much kiss goodbye everything on it. ( after backing up of course)

...and i have NEVER formatted a drive "by accident" what moron does that ?? LOLOLOOLLLLL

when i first read this im thinking "??"" what? get data back AFTER FORMATTING? wow...never tried that one before.

and i hope i never have to either.

I have ever tried to rescue most of lost computer drive files and folders with the guidance of a video tutorial:

So, after reading this post, I just think perhaps this video may also help someone there.

I deleted 3 partitions on my hard drive and recovered all my data with "Get Data Back NTFS" :)

Can we recover larger files (4GB or more) with GetDataBack for NTFS ?

Archived