Agent mail.ru

Jobe

Been all morning getting rid of this!!!!,think I've finally managed it and wondered if anyone else has had the problem?.In the end had to manually go into the registry and remove all traces.All my security software did not pick up on it,used Webroot,SUPERAntiSpywarE,Malwarebytes. Hitmanpro found it and removed it but not all of it,traces were still on my system.While writing this post noticing a 'delay' in my typing so maybe I still have a problem.Other members of my family been using pc and maybe a warning from Webroot was ignored.

Anyone encountered this problem and removed it?I think the registry is the right way to go as nothing else is finding it,will I think, use my restore option if It is still on my system.

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been all morning getting rid of this!!!!,think I've finally managed it and wondered if anyone else has had the problem?.In the end had to manually go into the registry and remove all traces.All my security software did not pick up on it,used Webroot,SUPERAntiSpywarE,Malwarebytes. Hitmanpro found it and removed it but not all of it,traces were still on my system.While writing this post noticing a 'delay' in my typing so maybe I still have a problem.Other members of my family been using pc and maybe a warning from Webroot was ignored.

Anyone encountered this problem and removed it?I think the registry is the right way to go as nothing else is finding it,will I think, use my restore option if It is still on my system.

try this for hosts & hijack check (pretty good one as for me - portable & free)

http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/eek/

IF your not on windows 8x you can try this to remove it

--RogueKiller--

• Download & SAVE to your Desktop RogueKiller for 32bit or Roguekiller for 64bit
  • Quit all programs that you may have started.
  • Please disconnect any USB or external drives from the computer before you run this scan!
  • For Vista or Windows 7, right-click and select "Run as Administrator to start"
  • For Windows XP, double-click to start.
  • Wait until Prescan has finished ...
  • Then Click on "Scan" button
  • Wait until the Status box shows "Scan Finished"
  • click on "delete"
  • Wait until the Status box shows "Deleting Finished"

===

Search and delete the AdWare, PUP (Potentially Unwanted Program) installed on your computer.

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.

• Close all open programs and internet browsers.
  • Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
  • Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.
  • Click the Report button and the report will open in Notepad.

IMPORTANT

• If you click the Clean button all items listed in the report will be removed.

If you find some false positive items or programs that you wish to keep, Close the AdwCleaner windows.

• Close all open programs and internet browsers.
  • Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
  • Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.
  • Check off the element(s) you wish to keep.
  • Click on the Clean button follow the prompts.
  • A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.

===

• Please download
    Junkware Removal Tool to your Desktop.
  • Please close your security software to avoid potential conflicts.
  • Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista or 7, right-mouse click it and select Run as administrator.
  • The tool will open and start scanning your system.
  • Please be patient as this can take a while to complete, depending on your system's specifications.
  • On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your Desktop and will automatically open.

===

Please download ComboFix from any of the links below, and save it to your desktop. For information regarding this download, please visit this web page: Turorial
Link 1
Link 2

IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop

1. Close any open browsers.
2. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.
3. Do not install any other programs until this if fixed.

Warning:

At this time ComboFix can only run on the following Windows versions:

Windows XP (32-bit only)

Windows Vista (32-bit/64-bit)

Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit)

Thanks Steven already run the adwCleaner earlier,it seems to be ok now since I removed all the entries from the registry,will keep my eye on it and will try the other software if I get any more probs,again many thanks.

If other people are using your computer , after you get it sorted it out maybe you should look into getting some image back up software that way you can just put and old image back in that was done before it happens or use shadow defender when there on your computer .

Archived