[solved] cleaning of old (cracked) IDM traces in the registry

mona

Used to use patched IDM (source : different uploaders on TPB - TorDigger, SceneDL, Mumbai ..).

I would like to switch to firewall IP blocking method now. //www.nsaneforums.com/topic/222515-prevent-idm-other-programs-from-dialing-home/

For that I need to remove ALL traces left by previous versions after IDM uninstall.

I uninstalled the prog with REVO PRO, but it seems not to be enough.

After clean OFFLINE (<-- this is very important) reinstall and registration with a newly generated key - IDM refuses to work, informing to be "registered with a fake key".

This tells me - there still must exist some remnants of old registrations somewhere in my registry.

......................................................................................................................................................................

Therefore I ask skilled nSaners to help me :

GIVE ME - PLEASE - A LIST OF ALL PATHS IN THE REGISTRY, WHERE IDM REGISTRATION REMNANTS CAN EVENTUALLY HIDE. :wub:

My system is Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 x64, reinstalled June 15th,2014.

From that date I've used couple of cracked versions of IDM from different crackers (different methods : 1 or 2 files cracked).

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

FULL CLEANING PROCEDURE IS HERE :

http://topic/228125-help-to-find-traces-od-idm-in-registry/?p=833000

• Replies 33
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If u r gonna use that method why not read it properly

the first post itself answers ur query 8)

Here's the latest idm trial reset

Unregisteres ur idm

Auto trial reset on every boot

http://d-h.st/NVC

Use this tool

This is a trial reset and fake serial cleaner

So..no need to use any patch

If u r gonna use that method why not read it properly

the first post itself answers ur query 8)

I can only repeat : be more specific, rkkdjb, please.

May be, I'm just dumb and I cannot find it. :duh:

The step two in the first post of the firewall method deals with cleaning the registry

was this simple ? :dunno:

Capture.png

O, yes now it is really very simple, indeed.

Nice to know that I'm not that dumb anyway. :)

The step two in the first post of the firewall method deals with cleaning the registry

Haven't I mention I did cleaning couple of times in the previous thread , have I :

//www.nsaneforums.com/topic/222515-prevent-idm-other-programs-from-dialing-home/?p=831991

i installed IDM 6.21 build 2 and as suggested make kaspersky 2015 fire walled by putting certain ips suggested on first page by dcs18. everything was going smooth. but one day i downloaded and installed IDM 6.21 build 5. now IDM is showing fake registration message and doesn't work. i think there is other ips that IDM uses for dialing home.

Finally I went through a whole procedure : blocked all 22 IP's in OA firewall, uninstalled old patched IDM version with Revo, did cleaning with IDM Cleaner.BAT (run as admin), installed brand new idman621build7 (from vendor site) and registered with one of keys found on nSane.

Result : IDM registered with a FAKE key !!! :( :( :(

Is there anybody here for whom this method works with built7 ??? :s

//www.nsaneforums.com/topic/222515-prevent-idm-other-programs-from-dialing-home/?p=831993

i installed IDM 6.21 build 2 and as suggested make kaspersky 2015 fire walled by putting certain ips suggested on first page by dcs18. everything was going smooth. but one day i downloaded and installed IDM 6.21 build 5. now IDM is showing fake registration message and doesn't work. i think there is other ips that IDM uses for dialing home.

there's something wrong at your end. If you use any patches before, then you MUST clean any registry traces left behind completely. I faced same problem when I started use IP's method.

Sirri, I ran IDM Cleaner.BAT as admin, then rebooted - what can I do more ?

EDIT

I repeated the whole procedure from the previous post once more and a result is any better.

The only difference - I used new - self generated - key.

Now I can confirm Sirri's diagnose that the problem is on my end, since IDM stated the key was fake instantly after installing / registering, still in OFFLINE MODE.

So IP blocking has nothing to do with the problem.

OK, BUT I STILL NEED HELP : :rant:

HOW TO GET RID OF THOSE STUBBORN REMNANTS ? IDM Cleaner.BAT seems not be sufficient.

Sirri, how you did it ?

So what, "if u r gonna help, why not read it properly". ^_^ ^_^

O, yes now it is really very simple, indeed. :)

Haven't I written that couple of times in the previous thread :

//www.nsaneforums.com/topic/222515-prevent-idm-other-programs-from-dialing-home/?p=831991

Finally I went through a whole procedure : blocked all 22 IP's in OA firewall, uninstalled old patched IDM version with Revo, did cleaning with IDM Cleaner.BAT (run as admin), installed brand new idman621build7 (from vendor site) and registered with one of keys found on nSane.

Result : IDM registered with a FAKE key !!! :( :( :(

Is there anybody here for whom this method works with built7 ??? :s

//www.nsaneforums.com/topic/222515-prevent-idm-other-programs-from-dialing-home/?p=831993

there's something wrong at your end. If you use any patches before, then you MUST clean any registry traces left behind completely. I faced same problem when I started use IP's method.

Sirri, I ran IDM Cleaner.BAT as admin, then rebooted - what can I do more ?

EDIT

I repeated the whole procedure from the previous post once more and a result is any better.

The only difference - I used new - self generated - key.

Now I can confirm Sirri's diagnose that the problem is on my end, since IDM stated the key was fake instantly after installing / registering, still in OFFLINE MODE.

So IP blocking has nothing to do with the problem.

OK, BUT I STILL NEED HELP : :rant:

HOW TO GET RID OF THOSE STUBBORN REMNANTS ? IDM Cleaner.BAT seems not be sufficient.

Sirri, how you did it ?

lady,

that is the most exclusive bat file u will find

if that doesn't serve ur purpose i m not sure what will :unsure:

Maybe u r overlooking sumthing and hence a deep and full study is recommended.

Firewall method maybe don't work again right now for activate Internet Download Manager 6.21 Build 7 :(

Even with "cleanner".bat

They add like "fake serial number list or detector" built in Internet Download Manager 6.21 Build 7 software itself...

Now, patch or patch with serial number is the only way to "activate" Internet Download Manager 6.21 Build 7 - Internet Download Manager 6.21 Build xxx

Firewall method maybe don't work again right now for activate Internet Download Manager 6.21 Build 7 :(

Even with "cleanner".bat

They add like "fake serial number list or detector" built in Internet Download Manager 6.21 Build 7 software itself...

Now, patch or patch with serial number is the only way to "activate" Internet Download Manager 6.21 Build 7 - Internet Download Manager 6.21 Build xxx

Firewall method still works with lastest build. If it doesn't it is in your end not in the method.

After you have done all, open the registry editor and search and delete strings with, 'tonec', 'idm' and 'download manager'. If your unsure about some strings, let it be as it is. Whole registry backup is recommended before you do it. Next time, when you instal IDM, instal by monitoring with Revo Uninstaller. This way you can completely IDM whenever you want.

Here's the latest idm trial reset

Unregisteres ur idm

Auto trial reset on every boot

http://d-h.st/NVC

Use this tool

This is a trial reset and fake serial cleaner

So..no need to use any patch

Kantry123 - I DID examined your solution in Shadow Defender mode two days ago and - as you know - it worked perfectly.

So I treat it as a last resort. ;)

But ....

I don't like an idea that my registry is messed up with some junk that prevents me from using other methods too (firewall method or even legit IDM license). I would like to get it right anyway.

And if it finally fails I will go for trial reset.

Having known problems with removing old traces - I am more cautious now.

So tell me please how to "uninstall" trial reset "patch" in case I'll decide to buy the license in future.

I really don't want to go through all this once more ! :doh:

After you have done all, open the registry editor and search and delete strings with, 'tonec', 'idm' and 'download manager'. If your unsure about some strings, let it be as it is. Whole registry backup is recommended before you do it. Next time, when you instal IDM, instal by monitoring with Revo Uninstaller. This way you can completely IDM whenever you want.

This is what I do and then after ran the clean up file . I successfully got Build 7 registered on windows 8.1 x64 using just WFC ,,,, Also I got another IDM successfully registered in a Virtual Machine of XP SP3 using BeeThink IP Blocker. :D

The way the registry gets contaminated to begin with some how internet got through .. Using proxies in idm or your fw leaking or using a patch contaminates the registry because internet from idm still gets thorough . Even if mine gets contaminated I can just register it again when ever I get a fake serial popup after registering 2 times in row it succeeds . That's if you have everything blocked right.

This is what I do and then after ran the clean up file . I successfully got Build 7 registered on windows 8.1 x64 using just WFC ,,,, Also I got another IDM successfully registered in a Virtual Machine of XP SP3 using BeeThink IP Blocker. :D

The way the registry gets contaminated to begin with some how internet got through .. Using proxies in idm or your fw leaking or using a patch contaminates the registry because internet from idm still gets thorough . Even if mine gets contaminated I can just register it again when ever I get a fake serial popup after registering 2 times in row it succeeds . That's if you have everything blocked right.

Great thanks rudrax and steven36. I spent half of the last night doing exactly what you adviced me.

I"ve some clues I want consult, but have to leave now for about 30 minutes. So stay tuned. I'll be right back.

Before you get desperate, why didn't you try to apply with built in Windows Firewall and create rules from there ? just in case,maybe your current firewall (OA) did not work properly or rules created was incorrect. Try deactivate OA this time and you can activate later.

in addition, try install old version of IDM (below build 7)

I"ve some clues I want consult, but have to leave now for about 30 minutes. So stay tuned. I'll be right back.

Great thanks rudrax and steven36. I spent half of the last night doing exactly what you adviced me.

If you have it blocked right in your FW when checking for updates it should be like this

Bw6Oa8M.png

If it says you have the latest version it means your Firewall is leaking IP 184.173.188.107 that's the most easy way to check it.

Before you get desperate, why didn't you try to apply with built in Windows Firewall and create rules from there ? just in case,maybe your current firewall (OA) did not work properly or rules created was incorrect. Try deactivate OA this time and you can activate later.

Sirri, correct me if I'm wrong :

I started a new topic since the problem I'm trying to solve NOW has nothing to do with firewall anymore :

INSTANTLY after really careful OFFLINE reinstall (still BEFORE putting in any registration credentials) IDM shows a massage on being registered with a fake key.

Therefore - in my opinion - problems are leftovers in registry and NOT firewall.

I'll write more details on what I did last night in couple of minutes.

EDIT

Forgot to mention that I tried to install earlier version as well - behaviour didn't change (fake key info) .

I started a new topic since the problem I'm trying to solve NOW has nothing to do with firewall anymore :

INSTANTLY after really careful OFFLINE reinstall (still BEFORE putting in any registration credentials) IDM shows a massage on being registered with a fake key.

Therefore - in my opinion - problems are leftovers in registry and NOT firewall.

if you get this message offline and you still get a fake serial it means your registry is contaminated , but if it registers offline and not online it means your firewall is leaking and you most likely are going to be contaminated. Sometimes you take when I was using host blocks I could always stay registered by installing over-top but one day I try to clean install it and it would not let me register online i checked it with a scope and found out host blocks were leaking and my registry got contaminated.

If you have it blocked right in your FW when checking for updates it should be like this

Bw6Oa8M.png

If it says you have the latest version it means your Firewall is leaking IP 184.173.188.107 that's the most easy way to check it.

All this I now, Steven.

But there is on interesting thing there :

In one of 100 attempts of wiping out IDM junk from the registry I SUCCEED.

Prog. didn't display fake key info, got registered with new credentials and accepted them. Then I went online and checked if my firewall blocks ips correctly (exactly like you just showed).

Everything was OK, except when I rebooted (everything above was done in Shadow Defender mode) - IDM once more flagged the BLOODY FAKE SERIAL. :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Steve, what could be the reason ?

if you get this message offline and you still get a fake serial it means your registry is contaminated , but if it registers offline and not online it means your firewall is leaking and you most likely are going to be contaminated. Sometimes you take when I was using host blocks I could always stay registered by installing over-top but one day I try to clean install it and it would not let me register online i checked it with a scope and found out host blocks were leaking and my registry got contaminated.

I'll repeat once more - in my opinion it's clear enough that it isn't firewall leaking problem.

I'll say more - firewall proved to block IPs well (see previous post)

Bw6Oa8M.png

All this I now, Steven.

But there is on interesting thing there :

In one of 100 attempts of wiping out IDM junk from the registry I SUCCEED.

Prog. didn't display fake key info, got registered with new credentials and accepted them. Then I went online and checked if my firewall blocks ips correctly.

Everything was OK, except when I rebooted (everything above was done in Shadow Defender mode) - IDM once more flagged the BLOODY FAKE SERIAL. :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Steve, what could be the reason ?

If you got it registered and after a reboot or ether a short wait 184.173.188.107 is leaking you need to check it with a sniffer when registering .. Back when I tested build 7 on a clean install 184.173.188.107 was leaking

1 http://www.internetdownloadmanager.com /data/395012712/register.cgi 184.173.188.107 1090 80

2 184.173.188.107 1090 80

3 http://www.internetdownloadmanager.com /data/update608.txt?v=621b7 184.173.188.107 1092 80

4 184.173.188.107 1092 80

After I made a new rule and changed 184.173.188.107 around in the rule it stopped leaking

If you suspect it can be leaking problem anyway - just instruct me what I have to do (I've never used sniffer - so what to download and how to use it ??????)

Than - configuration of the firewall (Online Armour) :

002_2014.08.31_17h16m01s_png_300x300_q85

Do you thing I shoud change something there as well ?

Archived