Firefox and SSL sertificates.

Kalju

For some time Firefox and Firefox-based browsers cannot open many web pages. Prefix "http://" will automatically converted to "https://" and then will show the message - see picture.
How to get rid of it? Is the only option to not use Firefox?

For some sites it's possible to add into so-called list of trusted sites, but some cannot. This problem is only in Firefox and in other firefox based browsers, and lasts about a couple of weeks already.

Currently is nearly impossible to use Firefox. (A few years ago was the same story with Opera).

Some screenshots:

firefox_ssl_1_zps89d95cb3.png

firefox_ssl_2_zpsf4af19ad.png

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

same thing happened with me, certificates problem for sure

A Clean install should solve it.

same thing happened with me, certificates problem for sure

A Clean install should solve it.

You do not want to say, that everyone over whole world has a problem with the installation? And the certification are not valid, because all had installed wrongly? All over the world? It's something other, I think. But what it is?

The Google websites were blocked by Firefox at first, others were added a bit later.

It's strange, what is going on there.

I had the same problem few months ago. Eset was the cause. I had to disable the ssl protocol checking in the settings.

You do not want to say, that everyone over whole world has a problem with the installation? And the certification are not valid, because all had installed wrongly? All over the world? It's something other, I think. But what it is?

The Google websites were blocked by Firefox at first, others were added a bit later.

It's strange, what is going on there.

No sir, here my firefox is working without any problem whatsoever ;)

you can disable the two option in the security tab may help :

Capture.png

Are you using AdGuard? This has been known to cause the symptoms you describe.

I'm destroying now any Firefox completely. Then can see what happens. AdGuard is, but it probably is not to blame.

And of course - You were absolutely right. Throughout this mess organized AdGuard.

I really wanted to like AdGuard but it seems unstable or at least to young in development. Not to diss it or anything but any piece of software that can cripple my browser and they knew about it should have issued an email or update that fixed it.

I really wanted to like AdGuard but it seems unstable or at least to young in development. Not to diss it or anything but any piece of software that can cripple my browser and they knew about it should have issued an email or update that fixed it.

Its not new software i dont know were you got that from ..The only reason a lot switched to AdGuard was because AD Muncher has not updated in so long it dont support IE 11 but there's a free one that does though AD fender.

The 1st time i try AdGuard was like 2010 I could not even get my browser to work any more it was so buggy . Its not new it just use to be not be popular :lol:

http://adguard.com/en/versions.html

Archived