dBPoweramp Help

DJPrice

Hi I upgraded to R15.1 only to find that it doesn't support the Nero AAC encoder anymore :(. Does anyone happen to know where R14.4 with all the codecs for that version including the Nero AAC dBpoweramp installer could be? I did have R14.4 myself with everything, but updated the package to R15.1 before testing it (silly me). If someone just has the dB Nero AAC installer that would be good, that's the least I'm looking for.

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the links, but I will need the nero aac installer too for 14.4, that's mainly what I'm after.

I tried the how to, but it didn't work, just kept getting errors or wouldn't pick up that I had changed the encoder to the nero one.

point dbpoweramp at the encoder (which you downloaded from nero - use this ftp link to avoid registration - NeroAACCodec-1.5.1). copy the file 'neroAacEnc.exe' to dbpoweramp\encoder\m4a Nero (AAC) - dbpoweramp should find it automatically; if not, on the dbpoweramp window with nero aac selected, click 'encoder >> and point it to that file.

OR use alternate link

NeroAACCodec-1.5.1

Will give it a go now to see if I can get it working. I'm currently trying foobar2000 for conversion to m4a using nero aac as an alternative, but if I can get 15.1 working that would be a lot better. Thank you.

Oh and when I say about the nero encoder, I don't mean the actual encoder, I mean the one from dbpoweramp that enable's it to be installed within it.

Thank you the first link works with R15.1. I am currently encoding now. I would use the new FDK version, but when I converted to the format I use (64kbps HE-AAC v1) & transferred to my iPhone 5 it sounded terrible compared to the previous R14.4 that used nero's encoder. Cheers for your help :). Now to wait until the converting has completed & test all works ok again on my iPhone.

^^ .. good-day DJPrice: did you find R15.1 the better version rather than R14.4 .. have both version w/ codecs and will add Nero AAC if its needed. Thanx.

^^ .. good-day DJPrice: did you find R15.1 the better version rather than R14.4 .. have both version w/ codecs and will add Nero AAC if its needed. Thanx.

I didn't test R14.4 in the end as R15.1 works with the file provided by Beasly, so I decided to stick with the newest version R15.1.

Archived