Windows XP Unofficial Service Pack 4

anuseems

Greece-based developer harkaz created an unofficial Service Pack 4 for Windows XP

From ZDNet:

n his description of the Windows XP service-pack project, harkaz said: "Many users including me who won't be able to upgrade their old machines to a newer OS would like to easily install all Windows updates in one convenient package. For this reason, I started working on a Service Pack 4 package."

According to harkaz, Windows XP Unofficial SP4 is a cumulative update rollup for Windows XP x86. It can be applied to a live Windows XP system that has a minimum of SP1 installed. Alternatively, it can be integrated in any Windows XP installation media.

http://www.zdnet.com/want-windows-xp-sp4-unofficial-versions-are-on-the-way-7000033030/

• Replies 5
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about M$ bit down hard on a wooden spoon and up their popularity by releasing Windows XP modern/2nd edition.

XP when I first got it in around 2000 was a breath of fresh air and I still occasionally use it on Virtual PC, as it comes with 7 pro, if you want to install it.

It still blows.

If I ran M$ that is what I would do.

Eventually those desktops, laptops and other devices, will burn out and the owners will have to buy new systems and 99% of them will buy a new device, with O.E.M. Windows.

Archived