AX64 Time Machine Version 2.0.0.439 Final released

Ponting

Time Machine is the only disk imaging software that allows you to back up your entire Windows OS and restore it in seconds.It makes backup and recovery simple by performing images of your Windows system and allowing you to restore your PC to a previous point in time in just seconds to minutes.

dahsboard1.png

discloning_thumb1-e1399549064263.png

Full Disk Imaging

Time Machine backs up your entire system including all your documents, system files, photos and movies.

Large_AX64_Logo-e1399549622806.png

Snap-Shot Tool

Time Machine can be used as a snap-shot tool. Travel backwards and forwards between backup points in seconds to minutes.

industry_thumb1-e1399566784841.png

Ultra Fast Recovery

Time Machine only backs up and recovers the differences between PC states resulting in ultra fast backup & recovery speeds.

smartscheduling_thumb1-e1399569707735.pn

Set and Forget

Time Machine automatically takes hourly backups that occur silently in the background with no performance impact.

recoverydisc_thumb1-e1399571804624.png

Rescue Media

Create a backup environment using our Rescue Media to view backups and restore your PC when Windows cant boot.

File-browser11-150x150-e1399572263479.pn

Backup Browser

Instantly view and restore individual files and folders from your backups using our powerful backup browser.

Backup_Timemachine-e1399573250156.png

Backup to Anywhere

You can backup to virtually any type of storage, including internal, external and network drives.

ui-150x150-e1399572585768.png

Simple User Interface

Simplicity is the key. Complex tasks occur behind the scenes while you can relax that your data is protected.

Changelog

The following fixes, additions and optimizations have been implemented since version 2.0 beta 3:

• During a operation like backup change the Last and Next backup columns description
  • Fixed some USB Drive Issues
  • Fixed Choose custom install directory not working
  • The app doesnt backup to root folder of a volume.
  • Destination list and scorllbar do not match each other in some cases
  • Uninstallation doesnt work correct if ax64 is running
  • The system tray icon remains in copy status after you stop a backup
  • BUG: Removable media icon looks like its cut off. Does not look right.
  • BUG: Patch KB2952664 breaks hot restore Win7 Pro SP1 64bit
  • TASK: During a operation like backup change the Last and Next backup columns description
  • BUG: Removable media icon looks like its cut off. Does not look right.
  • Bug: NTFS Error 137 in Event Viewer after every backup
  • BUG: Choose custom install directory not working
  • The app doesnt backup to root folder of a volume.
  • BUG: volume C: -Cannot save the backup C100001F code 0
  • Destination list and scorllbar do not match each other in some cases
  • Uninstallation doesnt work correct if ax64 is running
  • The system tray icon remains in copy status after you stop a backup
  • Task: Gather software as part of the log gather process
  • BUG: Unable to backup
  • The logs are not in a readable format unless you use notepad ++
  • TASK: Add to logs FAT32 or NTFS of volumes
  • TASK: Provide english error message The VSS service is disabled and is required for backups
  • TASK: Fix spelling mistake
  • App states Preparing fast incremental backup when its clearly a full
  • Bug: Crumbar control in browser does not show all results
  • Bug: Unable to use arrow keys in time selection listbox.
  • Merging optimizations
  • TASK: Merge shows a red X when it fails, but the X only represents the final state of a backup and not the merge.
  • BUG: Hot restore does not have a countdown before restore.
  • BUG: Startup manager screen displays 3s even when set to another value
  • BUG: When uninstalling startup manager the wizard should progress to the confirmation screen
  • Bug: No time displayed in browser, only date
  • Dont show Backup Description
  • Ensure merging occurs on multiple volume backups
  • Change app icon
  • Bug: Show arrows for time line on screen
  • The mouse cursor is not shown when it is over vertical splitter in the browser
  • The hot restore count down needs Recover now button and text
  • Need to remove Warm restore option if it is Cancelled.
  • Grey out the mount feature once max mounting has been reached
  • Bug: Browser buttons dont re-enable after backup

Homepage: http://ax64.com/

Download Link for trial: http://ax64.com/releases/SetupTM_2_0_0_439.exe

1. 50% off licenses coupon available untill September 15th!

To celebrate the release of version 2.0 of AX64 Time Machine, we are holding a sale of 50% sale off all products. This includes the single license, family pack and server licenses. The sale shall continue until September 15 2014. The sale prices are reflected on our purchase now page!

Original prices were: $34.95 (Single License), $64.95 (4 pack) and $134.95 (server).

Sale prices are: $17.50 (Single License), $32.40 (4 pack) and $67.50 (server).

2. Upgrade discounts for previous license holders

Previous license owners are entitled to an upgrade discount of 50% from September 15 2014 onwards. This is the date we plan to release version 2.1 of AX64 Time Machine. Version 2.1 shall include better in app upgrade functionality.

3. How do I update from version 1.0 to version 2.0?

If you are upgrading from version 1.0 of AX64 Time Machine, please uninstall it before installing version 2.0. AX64 Time Machine Version 2.0 can be downloaded here.

4. Do v1 serial keys work with v2?

No they dont. However, we are holding a 50% sale off all licenses until September 15th.

5. Live-chat!

We now have a live chat function available to anyone visiting our site. Simply click on the chat box in the bottom right hand corner of our site and support staff (if online) will be right with you. Support staff shall be online quite frequently so feel free to talk to us regarding any query you may have.

Use wilders15 to get extra 15% off :rockon:

• Replies 31
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Version 2.0 New Features

• Refreshed UI/UX
  • Multi-Partition Automatic/Backup
  • Hardware Independent Restore
  • Remote Control
  • Revamped Quick Restore
  • New merging and purging schedule
Each Feature is discussed in turn.

I. Refreshed UI

Time Machine V1 UI was great but following the comments of our designer as well as feedback from users it was clear that the look was dated. We have refreshed the user interface with a fresh flat modern look. We have tried to stay true to our design philosophy. With simplicity and ease of use was at the center of our design ambitions.

The main interface has essentially only has two main buttons to operate: Make Backup and open Backup browser.

dahsboard1.png

We’ve added a tab called ‘Backup Tools‘. You can find all necessary tools to perform things other then backup and restoring (note remote control is not available in the current release).

Backup_tools.png

Tools include:

• Rescue media builder
  • Support Desk: We have included a support button that will link you directly to our support site. We hope this will makes it easier for our users to contact us for support. In the future, we hope to continue to improve processes for support with even better in-app integration.
  • Remote control: This is a new feature that is only available on the Pro Server version. You can remotely control another PC’s Time Machine on the same network.
  • About Time Machine: Click here to learn about your license details as well as export your usage logs.
II. Multi Partition Support

Time Machine allows you to select multiple drives for backup. Hourly automatic backups and merging works as normal. Simply select the drive(s) you wish to backup by clicking to select/deselect.

multi-partition-support.png

III. Hardware-independent imaging

Time Machine now supports restore to dissimilar hardware. Any backup you create in Time Machine can now be restored to any PC, even a Mac.

IV. Revamped Quick Restore via WINPE

Time Machine V1 while performing restores attempted to freeze all operations on the disk in order to ensure nothing would conflict with the restore process. Unfortunately, some applications were able to operate even lower than Time Machine and in some cases, restores failed for some users.

This persistent flaw in Time Machine meant that one of our most promising features was prone to failure. Over these past months we have worked hard to create a new and improved restore method that is free from these flaws.

IV. New merging and purging schedule

Following a similar schedule to Apple’s own backup solution, AX64 Time Machine now keeps: hourly backups for the past 24 hours, daily backups for the past month, and weekly backups until your backup drive is full.

What happens when the drive is full?

As your backup drive begins to fill up to its capacity, Time Machine intelligently deletes the oldest backups to make room for newer ones. In the future, we are planning to implement an optional “Notify user when older backups are deleted”.

Consider the following options if your backup disk is filling up often, causing your oldest available backups to be erased sooner than you might want:

• Use an additional drives for your backups or transfer your backups to a new, larger drive.
    • Tip: You can also browse the original backup drive for past backups by using “Browse other Time Machine Disks”.
  • Delete file(s) that are no longer needed (such as from your desktop, Documents folder, or other Home folder locations), so they will no longer be backed up. You can also enter the Backup Browser restore interface and find files that can be removed from the backup drive itself to conserve space. To do this, right click on the backup point you wish to delete in the Backup Browser and click delete. Be sure to only delete backups you are sure you won’t need or want to restore later.

I tried it earlier today. Considering it is now final, it is very buggy on my system.

Feel free to report the bugs,by sending email to [email protected]

Why v1 license didn't work for v2 :( why ????

The license-activation system might have changed :tooth:

50% off code no longer works and has been removed. but you can stack the wilder15 with the already discounted price and get an extra 15% off. im torn if i want to wait for meds or but it for 27$ for a 4 pack lic is really pretty good.

edit: anyone know if i buy only one lic will it work on multiple computers or do they have any kind of server checking now. its under 15$ for one key with the code. ill just buy one if i just have to enter it on each computer.. hmmm.

50% off code no longer works and has been removed. but you can stack the wilder15 with the already discounted price and get an extra 15% off. im torn if i want to wait for meds or but it for 27$ for a 4 pack lic is really pretty good.

edit: anyone know if i buy only one lic will it work on multiple computers or do they have any kind of server checking now. its under 15$ for one key with the code. ill just buy one if i just have to enter it on each computer.. hmmm.

it's still working here 50% + 15%

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-f-Xtq1p_LoE/U_r-dV2sWNI/AAAAAAAAAoU/OxUPAaPiBWk/s1600/11.png

correct the wilders code works but the celebration50 no longer works they disabled it. before you had to add the 50% code. now they just lowered the price by 50% and you can use the wilders code.

do they have any kind of server checking now.

Just ask on live chat if it needs internet connection to activate the product or not :naughty:

is this the final release?

:yes: Also v2.1 coming in few weeks :)

o.k. time for a review,

1. small download size is great.

2. install is quick and straight forward

3. the entire user interface is crisp, clean, and straight forward

4. creating the rescue disk, or installing the rescue environment on your production drive is easy

5. booting into the rescue media regardless of what you used does take way too long

6. i see no reason for the rescue media to have a need to try to setup networking since it only loads ax64 so you can select a image to restore to

7. no note to tell you that if your hdd / sdd file system gets messed up that you should do a proper wipe of the drive before running the rescue media and choosing a image to restore to

8. no proper scheduling. i can't speak for other but once an hour auto or manual doesn't work for me. need a proper scheduler

9. over all at this point yes i would take ax64 over rollback. the big seller for me is being able to have the images on another drive

From looking at the changelog and reading about v2 IMO (for myself) there is no need to migrate from v1.xx. When I first found out about AX64 and tried it I really liked it. It is simple, does what it does perfectly and does NOT do anything else, at all. I have restored my computer 2wice with AX64 and it went smooth as silk. The changelog is quite impressive but as I read thru it I did not find one issue that I have seen happen on my computer. Maybe some of the fixes mentioned were items concerning the beta v2 and not v1.xx, Anyways long story short is that 'If it aint broke dont fix it'! For me v1.xx works great. Until it (v1.xx) gives me a reason to migrate to v2 I will not be upgrading AX64.

I tried it earlier today. Considering it is now final, it is very buggy on my system.

Feel free to report the bugs,by sending email to [email protected]

No need they've acknowledged the bugs after numerous complaints from other users.

They're working on it now :)

I must agree with the persons who stays on version 1.X , i am using version 1.x latest beta and all works perfectly ( and cured :D ) .

lets put it simple , if it works use it! dont rush to switch to more up to date version regarding to backup software ( especially when the new version reported bugy )

I have a trial reset . Not going to post now because this version ( 2.0.0.434 ) has bugs as already mentioned by WAJ. When a good version is ready then is time for trial reset.

Every 30 days you have to apply the trial reset, but I think is better than nothing, for now... :yes: . After all is just 1 click and 30 days again.

Cheers

Jofre

New build version 2.0.0.439 has been released...

The commercial release of AX64 Time Machine v2.0 was released with an issue with WinPE. We have fixed this issue and also optimized the mounting of hard disks.

Download link: http://ax64.com/releases/SetupTM_2_0_0_439.exe

Simply install this build over your current version 2.0 release and reboot.

Source: http://ax64.com/versions/ax64-time-machine-v2-0-build-439-fixes-major-issue/

Archived