Microsoft gives date for Windows 9 launch: 30 September

anuseems

Silicon Republic posted a story that Microsoft have given the first confirmation that the next instalment of its operating system (OS) Windows 9 is to be showcased on 30 September.

Confirming recent speculation, Microsoft have given the first confirmation that the next instalment of its operating system (OS) Windows 9 is to be showcased on 30 September.

The release of the new OS, codenamed Threshold by the company, was understood to be getting a September launch, but now its understood that the press will be given the chance to see it on the months last day where it will then be offered for testing to the general public.

http://www.siliconrepublic.com/digital-life/item/38054-microsoft-gives-date-for-wi

• Replies 12
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

people really need to put down their crack pipes and step away from them. most likely we will get a beta if we're lucky. i already know on one item microsour is going to piss me off, and that is moving the charm bar to the start screen so it's unavailable by bumping the upper right screen edge. personally i like being able to mouse to the upper right corner and getting the bar.

Will they offer Windows 8 users a FREE upgrade, due to the switch & bait tactics to get people to buy Windows 8?

Windows 8 is for a touch screen or a tablet.

No for a PC or Laptop without a touch screen, so anyone that purchased the software not realising this was duped.

Blackchildcx

I hope they dont patch the activation server... ^_^

But if our great tech headz can handle this I will go with the newest OS as soon its FIXED :lol: Win 9 Win 10 Win 11...who cares??

[just kidding]

Good its official. Now I can tell people not to worry with their win8 problems, win8 will be discontinued before Halloween gets here. How long did vista last ?

most likely we will get a beta if we're lucky

Well duh. It's going to be a preview build.

hey dudboy i'm not believing anything till i actually see it. so me MIGHT get a preview build.

You cant believe much of nothing you read or see about Microsoft anymore Where's the link were Microsoft posted about it? Just like it was rumored Back in FEB Microsoft Gives Hint That Windows 9 Will Launch Soon After Windows 8.1 Update 1 . :P

There already is leaked versions of Windows 9 being posted on many of the forums. I have a copy and it sucks. Too much missing and too much added. I will just stick with windows 8 for right now.

There already is leaked versions of Windows 9 being posted on many of the forums. I have a copy and it sucks. Too much missing and too much added. I will just stick with windows 8 for right now.

Of course. Even the official preview build won't be meant to be used as your main OS. Did you expect more?

I hope they dont patch the activation server... ^_^

But if our great tech headz can handle this I will go with the newest OS as soon its FIXED :lol: Win 9 Win 10 Win 11...who cares??

[just kidding]

I don't know about a BETA build (those always have free keys anyway), but you can be pretty certain they will break KMS activators with Windows 9 RTM.

screenshotHTML-POSTING
Windows 9 is expected to be significantly different as compared to its predecessors, but one of the biggest changes that it might bring is the freeware license for a number of users.
While Russian leaker WZor says that Windows 9 could be available completely free of charge for those running Windows 8.1, Microsoft watch Mary Jo Foley reveals that Redmond is actually planning an even more exciting strategy to bring more users on the new OS version.
Both Windows 8.x and Windows 7 users could get access to Windows 9 without any fee, which would basically help Microsoft kill two birds with one stone.
First, the company would boost the adoption of Windows 9 and second, more users would move off old Windows versions, including Windows 7, which continues to remain the world’s top operating system.
What’s more, Microsoft is most likely afraid that Windows 7 would become a second Windows XP that would be extremely hard to kill when it reaches end of support, so the company probably attempts to get users off it a lot sooner.
As you can see, information on a potential free version of Windows 9 is a bit vague right now, but there’s no doubt that Microsoft is thinking about it, so let’s just wait a few more months to see whether anyone can get the upcoming operating system free of charge or not.
Source: Softpedia

Archived