Activists plant Ukraine flag atop famous Moscow building

gipsy

Ukrainian activists, operating in the heart of Moscow, repainted the communist symbols atop one of the Stalin-era buildings in the Ukrainian colors of blue and yellow on Wednesday and topped it with a Ukrainian flag.
The daredevils had to maneuver some tricky territory atop the 32-story structure — more than 525 feet above the ground — to reach the star, with its hammer and sickle.
The apartment building on the Kotelnicheskaya embankment is one of the seven "wedding cake" skyscrapers built around Moscow from 1938 to 1952.
BvdgUiWIAAAwwUj.png

source

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2014/08/20/moscow-ukraine-flag-activists-flag/14327597/

• Replies 10
  • Views 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So what? Better tell me when children and old people will stop dying from bombing of Ukranian army in the East of your own country.

So what? Better tell me when children and old people will stop dying from bombing of Ukranian army in the East of your own country.

.................. when your goverment will stop help to separatist bandits from pseudo DNR/LNR.

How many years will he stay behind bars for that :)) Can't he protest like normal people in Maidan Square.

to my mind they protested like normal people,if they was unnormal ....I guess u can imagine what kind of protest it will be. think about it.

How many years will he stay behind bars for that :)) Can't he protest like normal people in Maidan Square.

to my mind they protested like normal people,if they was unnormal ....I guess u can imagine what kind of protest it will be. think about it.

What's the point spending half of your life in a prison just for painting the top of a building. It's just stupid.

What's the point spending half of your life in a prison just for painting the top of a building. It's just stupid.

maybe they know something you don't know.

btw.is it stupid to change Ukrainian flags to Russian by Russian citiziens (I saw it in March my own eyes) in Ukraine?

no amigo,think another epithet will be more pertinent this case. told ya before -u'r too far for correct understanding of situation in my country now.

btw.is it stupid to change Ukrainian flags to Russian by Russian citiziens (I saw it in March my own eyes) in Ukraine?

no amigo,think another epitet will be righter this case. told ya before -u'r too far for correct understanding of situation in my country now.

What's wrong with you mate :))

Who is talking about the conflict between Russia and Ukraine in this topic? I just told you that for that fellow, it's stupid to ruin his life for a stupid action. Unfortunately for him, he might get more years than someone who had real criminal activities. So what if Russia took down Ukrainian flag, so what If a Ukrainian rise a flag in Russia? Does it worth speding your life in jail for that? That is my question.

The conflict will freeze at some point, but he will still be in jail. I have just expressed my concern for that guy, for his foolishness. I just can't imagine what his family will feel when they will see him suffering for this action, when everyone, at some point, will continue his/her life, and he will still be in jail.

no amigo,think another epitet will be righter this case. told ya before -u'r too far for correct understanding of situation in my country now.

What's wrong with you mate :))

Does it worth speding your life in jail for that? That is my question.

i don't know is it worth.but think painting's participants will at home sooner then u think.

You'll be amazed about how severe are the penaltiesof destroying objects that are catalogated as historical objects. Especially in this time when the public pressure is grather than never in Russia. Hopefully you'll be right, for his sake.

Alex. The thing is. Is it really an offense big enough to warrant years upon years in jail..... Yes if it is done in a totalitarian regime that has to crush disent with fear

Let's not start again with the propaganda :)). You have more freedom there than you would expect/think, comparing to the US.

Archived