Start Menu X Pro 5.25

Vestor

BitsDuJour - Start Menu X Pro 5.25

4891403.jpg

Start Menu X lets you launch programs without scrolling, clicking, or jumping through menu hoops. With Start Menu X, you can group programs based on their purpose, such as office applications and graphics programs, without needing to change their locations on your hard drive.

You can even use Start Menu X to assign a primary program to a folder that launches automatically when you click it. Plus, Start Menu X is fully customizable, allowing you to change the structure and add tabs so that it suits your needs.

Activation

NDRY-46GG-3R22-XG63

Giveaway page - Homepage - Download

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That software is terrible.

Classic Shell is a billion light years ahead of it.

Each to their own.

Hahaha! At least we don't have to pay for it. :lol:

In addition to Classic Shell, I also like StartW8 and Start Menu 8.

Classic Shell The project began in 2009; since then software has been downloaded 15 million + times. and its free . You can donate if you wish . stuff from IObit like Start Menu 8 most the time contains adware in there installers . I prefer portables by portable apps for IObit products . Becareful when installing them or keep malwarebytes handy .

.Absolutely true. IObit has a bad habit of inserting ads to their softwares. That is something we don't see in open source softwares such as Classic Shell.

Ooops... I misspoke about Classic Shell being open source. I just found out today that version 3.9.0 and later are no longer open source.

Wow interesting news totoymola, is there a reason why?

Did they put it on their page?

GiveMeMoreFree

Wow interesting news totoymola, is there a reason why?

Did they put it on their page?

Read...

Is Classic Shell open-source?

Versions before 3.9.0 are open-source. The source code can be downloaded from Source Forge.

Starting with version 3.9.0, Classic Shell is no longer open-source. There are couple of reasons for that change.

The initial intent of making Classic Shell open-source was to provide other developers with solutions to common problems - how to build a shell extension, how to create a custom-looking menu, etc. Over time, the code has become more and more complex and is solving more and more narrow problems. Its educational value has diminished substantially. The only thing you can learn from the source code is how to build a very similar software. Which brings me to the second reason - some people have taken the code wholesale and are selling their own copies of the start menu with little to no modification. While this is allowed under the licensing terms, it was against the spirit of my intent.

If you are curious how certain features work, you can ask questions in the forums and I will try to answer. If you have a legitimate need to view the source code (for example you may need to troubleshoot compatibility with your software or you are conducting a security review), contact me and we can work something out.

You don't know what your missing. This is one of the few programs I paid for after using pirated for over a year. At first I tried it, hated it, installed Classic & then noticed 1 or 2 features missing that I didn't know would be useful. The entire interface can be tweaked to your liking, all programs sorted onto virtual groups via "handy menu". You can drag the size to whatever. Change the fonts from squint to godzilla. On win 8 after installing AeroGlass, go to the program folder and find the StartMenuX.exe and right click to select compatibility mode for Win7. Now when using the crystal & crystal graphite skin it is aero transparent. It does use resources to run it, but what's a quad core for? This is the firefox of start menus. Look a little deeper than that cluttered crap that's the default. Tweak away.

Archived