when i try to make backup this error

2014-08-01_114924_zps0034de80.png

WHAT to do?

• Replies 23
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WHAT to do?

Why do you folks use an installation when you can use a BootCD, instead - you can always try some reputed backup software. yXZVmpE.gif

WHAT to do?

Why do you folks use an installation when you can use a BootCD, instead - you can always try some reputed backup software. yXZVmpE.gif

my cd drive has expired -_-

ANY usb method will be appreciated <_<

WHAT to do?

Yep, exactly - you can try any alternative true-blue backup software in USB mode.

WHAT to do?

Yep, exactly - you can try any alternative true-blue backup software in USB mode.

CAN U POST A LINK.....

IS IT BETTER THEN AX64 :rolleyes:

Personally, I prefer the more feature-rich Acronis BootCD - have not had any recent occasion to try it in USB mode (the last opportunity I had via USB mode, was with Acronis True Image 2013.) Most n00bs won't prefer Acronis, though.

BTW, I'd rather fix the CD drive rather than allow unnecessary installations to hog the system.

You don't say what OS you have. That version has trouble with Windows 8.

I'm on W7 and use the beta version 1.4.1.48 without issue. Don't know if it's good for W8 though.

Or try the version2 beta, but make sure you have a secondary backup solution also.

Put AXTM on a usb stick to use for cold restores. If it fails from within Windows you'll have to use it. That way has been very reliable for me.

software182

I'm on W7 and use the beta version 1.4.1.48 without issue. Don't know if it's good for W8 though.

Or try the version2 beta, but make sure you have a secondary backup solution also.

Put AXTM on a usb stick to use for cold restores. If it fails from within Windows you'll have to use it. That way has been very reliable for me.

i have AX64 1.4.1.24 Final in Windows 8.1 with Update x64

never had a problem with backup & restore...

i m on win7 x32..ultimate... :huh:

HOW to use AXTM by usb

HOW to use AXTM by usb

You cannot use it in USB boot mode - AX64 Time Machine is not a full-blooded backup software (it is merely a glorified variant of Windows Restore.) al6wao4.gif

HOW to use AXTM by usb

You cannot use it in USB boot mode - AX64 Time Machine is not a full-blooded backup software (it is merely a glorified variant of Windows Restore.) al6wao4.gif

SO SUGGEST ME SOME SOFTWARE TO FALL BACK ON.. :pos:

Blackchildcx

Try to go with 1. True Image boot disk,

if still issues with cd drive go with True Image Premium from FP and make a bootable stick!

I suggest you to do this

1. check if both AXMount.sys and AXTrack.sys drivers are properly installed and running and not sandboxed (so the ax64tm application).

2. if 1 is ok, next step is to check your hdd, so in a command prompt (admin rights) type (without quotes) "chkdsk c: /offlinescanandfix", answer yes and restart (do the same to the others, logical or/and physical hdd).

3. if your hdd's are still not visible under ax64 then... i don't know, check if your hdd are visible under disk administration in mmc, check your partitions... out of options here.

Luck!

HOW to use AXTM by usb

You can...

ax_zps553353a7.jpg

It's just to recover, not to create a backup.

i installed this frontpaged version

and when i start it ..error ..no drive to select

when i try to make backup this error

WHAT to do?

You need 2 partitions. One is where the OS is at, and one where you will save the backups.

You can instal to local storage to recover during boot or use a usb stick as shown in above pictures.

If you have more than 1 partition or disk have you tried reinstalling?

Or have any incompatible software installed? https://ax64.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/topics/34099-5-compatibility

Have you rtfm? https://ax64.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/topics/34606-1-user-manual

HOW to use AXTM by usb

Just create a bootable USB of some reputable backup software like Acronis True Image (afraid that AX64 Time Machine is not amongst those names.)

Whatever you do, just get out of the mentality of installing invasive programs like backup software - installations are meant only for n00bs (get your backup and restore into boot mode.)

Blackchildcx

Keep in mind that this software is very young and already "dead"...

They plan to build a new software together with an nother company....The plan is great! A small n fast backup solution not using snapshots...

But AX 64 is already history ;)

I was using AX64 TM way back in time, Now I go with True Image....Its a set it and forget it!

Always got a freash copy of my hard drive...just in case....(and its needed sometimes, you all know this ;)

Can I have working link for bootable ISO of ..acronis true images..and how to boot it from usb..thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

I just want to say that I switched from Acronis v13 to AX64 when I purchased new laptop, because Acronis v13 did not support UEFI/GPT-Based Hard Drives nor Partitions. (I believe the v14 and v15beta do tho :unsure:). However Ax64 did support UEFI/GPT-Based Hard Drives from its conception. I used to swear that I would never leave Acronis because it saved my ass so many times in the past. After I switched to AX64 it saved my ass too. I have did 2 complete restores with no issues at all. I dont know if I will use AX64 forever but I do know I am very happy with it as is in its present state of development. It is simple and elegant and does what it does brilliantly and only does what it does, no bloat with AX64. I am a minimalist and very happy with AX64!

Archived