Facebook to make Messenger a mandatory download

geeteam

Well it looks like Zuckerberg and company are making the installation of Facebook Messenger a mandatory affair for anyone who wants to communicate with their Facebook friends from their mobile device.
gsmarena_001.jpg
Facebook says that the decision to make Messenger a mandatory installation was precipitated by worldwide positive response to the app. However, it’s not difficult to imagine that there will be a significant number of people who won’t be crazy about downloading an entirely new application on their phone. Not to mention, Messenger’s layout seems to take precedence over other apps on your phone, and the chat heads do tend to become invasive after a while.
You can check out Facebook’s official statement below about the decision below:
In the next few days, we’re continuing to notify more people that if they want to send and receive Facebook messages, they’ll need to download the Messenger app. As we’ve said, our goal is to focus development efforts on making Messenger the best mobile messaging experience possible and avoid the confusion of having separate Facebook mobile messaging experiences. Messenger is used by more than 200 million people every month, and we’ll keep working to make it an even more engaging way to connect with people.

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

facebook...what is this facebook you speak of.... really tho...never used it nor will i ever use it in the future

Facebook messenger is now the only Facebook App I have, I've recently un-installed the main Application as it was FAR FAR FAR to power hungry for my phone - I think it's a pain in the arse that the messenger service app is mandatory now - I was planning on only using the browser mobile version... Although! The perk of the Messenger App IS that you can make calls over it - The Quality isn't 100% but it's still useful - After Facebook bought out WhatsApp Messenger I thought that these two would be combined - This would have made hell for me - It appears FB have taken the good parts from WhatsApp and just plugged them into their now mandatory messenger.

You will be assimilated and you will become part of the Collective

(in my best Borg Voice)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived