Shadow Defender Giveaway

narutoverse13

narutoverse13

Hey guys! Today, Windows Deal is doing a giveaway for Shadow Defender. The giveaway timespan is 3 days, and the installer for shadow defender will be pre-registered. Hope you guys enjoy!

Here is the Link: http://www.windowsdeal.com/w/shadow-defender-discount-coupon/

Shadow Defender Description:

Shadow Defender is an easy-to-use security solution (for Windows operating systems) that protects your PC/laptop real environment against malicious activities and unwanted changes.

Shadow Defender can run your system in a virtual environment called 'Shadow Mode'. 'Shadow Mode' redirects each system change to a virtual environment with no change to your real environment. If you experience malicious activities and/or unwanted changes, perform a reboot to restore your system back to its original state, as if nothing happened.

With Shadow Defender, you have the flexibility to specify which files and folders are permanently saved to the real environment. This ensures important files and folders are kept after a reboot.

If you want to make a maintenance-free computer, Shadow Defender will be your best choice.

Edited by narutoverse13

• Replies 36
  • Views 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• steven36

• Vestor

• totoymola

• skyhigh

Airstream_Bill

I got it. Good Find. I installed it and had no problems. No Junk Software along with it that I could see. Bitdefender had NO problems with it either. It is the latest Version. There is NO Key it is Pre Activated. Here is the ABOUT dsCP7Aq.jpg

Hope someone can provide the download link for it if feasible!

Shadow Defender (100% Discount)

License key: not required, the program is pre-activated

Note: install before 1st August, 2014

GiveMeMoreFree

You can use this giveaway license as long as you want, but no update and support.

Edited by GiveMeMoreFree

I think I may try it again since they added 8.1 support , Its good to have to test stuff that dont require a reboot ..It cuts down on having to test in a VM so much. I used it a lot back when on XP but the developer vanished and I stopped using it ,

Edited by steven36

I think I may try it again since they added 8.1 support , Its good to have to test stuff that dont require a reboot ..It cuts down on having to test in a VM so much. I used it a lot back when on XP but the developer vanished and I stopped using it ,

It's good enough, but, it has some problems. Some programs fail to install in Shadow mode, or fail to work properly. Also, some requires a reboot after the instalation, which makes the program unusable, because if you restart your PC, it will discard everything done in Shadow Mode.

So this program isn't for hard core users. Is more for schools, or for users who want to keep his PC intact when it is used by somone else.

Edited by AlexCross

It's good enough, but, it has some problems. Some programs fail to install in Shadow mode, or fail to work properly. Also, some requires a reboot after the instalation, which makes the program unusable, because if you restart your PC, it will discard everything done in Shadow Mode.

So this program isn't for hard core users. Is more for schools, or for users who want to keep his PC intact when it is used by somone else.

I installed it just now seems to be runing ok in Windows 8.1 x64 ..I just set it not to strat up when not using like you say its good enough . I also have an VM so dont need for it for everything . my friend use to to go in to shadow mode and set up a vm and test in a vm and you could reboot the vm and every thing once you rebooot your vm would be gone and no changes to your sytesm .

Edited by steven36

Hope someone can provide the download link for it if feasible!

http://www.solidfiles.com/d/aa666182cb/shadow-wd.zip

Note: install before 1st August, 2014

Well, there is a simple workaround to that. ^_^ I will explain it later if anyone is interested.

Maybe one can extract the key.

No. This special build does not use a serial number. The company did this to ensure that we are not going to be able to able to benefit from their future updates.

Edited by totoymola

Download

Shadow Defender (100% Discount) – shadow-wd.zip

http://www.windowsdeal.com/?download_file=89649&order=wc_order_53d51d472b9f4&[email protected]&key=83136f7a95a1c6ee80fed491e3949fa1

Edited by iih1

totoymola

Well, there is a simple workaround to that. ^_^ I will explain it later if anyone is interested.

I have the OK link, i don't know how to use it with a ''offline'' activate server.

(tried with MiniWebserver: http://www.aidex.de/software/webserver/MiniWebserver.zip )

http://www.shadowdefender.com/573859da6be34c9d8f86ff0c7507b20a.php

Edited by Vestor

totoymola

I have the OK link, i don't know how to use it with a ''offline'' activate server.

(tried with MiniWebserver: http://www.aidex.de/software/webserver/MiniWebserver.zip )

http://www.shadowdefender.com/573859da6be34c9d8f86ff0c7507b20a.php

Hmmm... Interesting approach. B) That MiniWebserver tool might come in handy in the future. Thanks for the link. :)

First of all, I don't think the term "pre-activated" is the appropriate term. That is because this special build is more like a "retail" or "full" version. It does not need any serial number to work 100%. Just install it and it will work without any limitation.

However, the software company modified this giveaway installer to make it connect to their server in order to limit the installation after the promotion period.

But keep in mind that this giveaway installer does not connect to their servers to "activate" the program. As I mentioned above, this special build of the program does not need to be activated. The giveaway installer only connects to their servers to check the validity and expiration of the offer. If the offer is expired, then it won't allow you to install the program. Also, if you are not connected to the internet, it will also prevent you from installing the program.

So here is the million dollar question. How do we install this wonderful program after the expiration of the offer? Well, I can think of a few different ways to accomplish this task. Patching the installer, spoofing the server, etc, etc.. But this is what I did: (Note: I assume we are installing the 32-bit version, although the same procedures apply to the 64-bit version)

PART 1: Downloading the installer files.

1. Download WinRAR or 7Zip and install it.
  2. Download the giveaway installer posted above (shadow-wd.zip) Extract the file "Setup.exe" inside the ZIP file, save it to your Desktop, and rename it to "SD-giveaway-Setup.exe"
  3. Download the original trial version installer of Shadow Defender from http://www.shadowdefender.com/download/SD1.4.0.519_Setup.exe, save it to your Desktop, and rename it to "SD-trial-Setup.exe"

Note: Renaming the installer files and saving them to your Desktop is not absolutely necessary. I just did it to avoid confusion.

PART 2: Extracting the files from the giveaway installer.

1. Using WinRAR or 7Zip, extract the contents of the self-extracting archive "SD-giveaway-Setup.exe" to a folder on your Desktop. Rename that folder to "SD-giveaway-Setup"
  2. Copy the file "Setup_x86.exe" inside the "SD-giveaway-Setup" folder, paste it to your Desktop, and rename it to "Setup_x86-giveaway.exe"
  3. Using WinRAR or 7Zip, extract the contents of the self-extracting archive "Setup_x86-giveaway.exe" to a folder on your Desktop. Rename the folder to "Setup_x86-giveaway"

PART 3: Extracting the files from the trial installer. (Pretty much the same as PART 2)

1. Using WinRAR or 7Zip, extract the contents of the self-extracting archive "SD-trial-Setup.exe" to a folder on your Desktop. Rename that folder to "SD-trial-Setup"
  2. Copy the file "Setup_x86.exe" inside the "SD-giveaway-Setup" folder, paste it to your Desktop, and rename it to "Setup_x86-trial.exe"
  3. Using WinRAR or 7Zip, extract the contents of the self-extracting archive "Setup_x86-trial.exe" to a folder on your Desktop. Rename that folder to "Setup_x86-trial"

PART 4: Replacing the "Setup.exe"

1. Navigate to the folder "Setup_x86-trial" on your Desktop. Copy the file "Setup.exe"
  2. Navigate to the folder "Setup_x86-giveaway" on your Desktop. Paste the "Setup.exe" file that you copied from the "Setup_x86-trial" folder. Overwrite the existing file.

PART 5: Installing the program.

1. Navigate to the folder "Setup_x86-giveaway" on your Desktop and run the file "Setup.exe" That's all.

SUMMARY

The file "Setup.exe" in the giveaway installer is what connects to their servers to check the validity and expiration of the offer. The "Setup.exe" in the trial installer does not do that, and it allows you to install the program offline. All we did was replace the "Setup.exe" of the giveaway installer with the "Setup.exe" from the trial installer. This eliminates the server check and allows us to install the program offline. Thereby allowing us to install the program even after the expiration of the offer.

Confused?? Don't worry, I am too. :P

Edited by totoymola

Extracted setup file

Setup.exe hash --> MD5: 8493B781ACE9B39BF43B5575EA53B0E2 (is the same for trail and giveaway version)
Setup_x64.exe
Setup_x86.exe

Edited by Vestor

All we did was replace the "Setup.exe" of the giveaway installer with the "Setup.exe" from the trial installer. This eliminates the server check and allows us to install the program offline. Thereby allowing us to install the program even after the expiration of the offer.

Very clever! :showoff:

But keep your mind that the author always can change his installation method, for example to make only one installer EXE instead of SFX archive with included Setup.exe and its additional files! :rolleyes:

I strongly recommend using Deep Freeze as more professional product. I already used Shadow Defender, 6 months ago and decided that it is unstable program. My devices was broken after Shadow Defender goes into undefined shadow mode, it was in shuffle - once in shadow, once in unshadow. The program locked some features and forbid new installations and I was received errors during installations in unshadow mode. Then Windows forced me for Check Disk and even repairing, my devices was leaved with some corrupted data. I had to transfer data to other proper devices to keep it alive. On other devices it was readable. And I had to format broken devices in low level to work properly. So, many headaches.

Edited by BTJB

Extracted setup file

Setup.exe hash --> MD5: 8493B781ACE9B39BF43B5575EA53B0E2 (is the same for trail and giveaway version)

Setup_x64.exe

Setup_x86.exe

You are looking at the wrong Setup.exe file buddy. That file does nothing other than to test if you have a 32 or 64 bit system, and then launch the appropriate installer for your system. :D

What you need to replace is the Setup.exe file inside the Setup_x64.exe or Setup_x86.exe :D That is the executable that performs the actual installation.

For those who find the instructions I posted confusing, I created the SFX installer (Using WinRAR) in accordance to the procedures I previously described.

Here it is. It works offline, no server check. I did not patch anything, I just followed the procedures I previously described. All the digital signatures of the files inside the SFX are intact, and feel free to perform a hashcheck to compare. :)

http://www.solidfiles.com/d/160649bc94/SD-giveaway-Setup.rar

Edited by totoymola

Extracted setup file

Setup_x64.exe

Setup_x86.exe

You are looking at the wrong Setup.exe file buddy.

What you need to replace is the Setup.exe file inside the Setup_x64.exe or Setup_x86.exe :D

For those who find the instructions I posted confusing, I created the SFX installer (Using WinRAR) in accordance to the procedures I previously described.

Here it is. It works offline, no server check. I did not patch anything, I just followed the procedures I previously described. All the digital signatures of the files inside the SFX are intact, and feel free to perform a hashcheck to compare. :)

http://www.solidfiles.com/d/160649bc94/SD-giveaway-Setup.rar

When I opened your 7z installer with winrar Avast eat the sd-giveaway.exe says its win 32 evo gen why ? just a false + ?