Web Browsers: What channel are you on ?

Alhaitham

Web Browsers: What channel are you on ?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Web Browsers: What channel are you on ?

• Stable
    • Beta
    • Aurora (Dev)
    • Nightly (Canary)
    • Old Version

I often install stable and beta versions to different folder paths, which allows me to make shortcuts to each version.

• Replies 51
  • Views 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Damn, I'm happy with stable then.

@Mozilla, what would you take to start developing 64 bit firefox? - should dcs18 and I dance naked before you?

The x64-bit flavor of Firefox 38 Beta 5 is quite stable - you might want to try it out. ;)

Damn, I'm happy with stable then.

@Mozilla, what would you take to start developing 64 bit firefox? - should dcs18 and I dance naked before you?

The x64-bit flavor of Firefox 38 Beta 5 is quite stable - you might want to try it out. ;)
Thanks for the head up. Tell me your personal experience with it over the 32-bit.

Always stable.....Although I do appreciate the work of the beta testers ironing out the problems for those like me.

Stable.

I used to try every beta version, but actually hate it when the thing crashes and I'm being recruted as volunteer for bug reports.

If there is a lot of innovation I can change my mind.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 6/23/2014 at 4:34 PM, dcs18 said:

Nightly, for me - the average Joe who uses a stable version learns all about the what factor (quite late) whereas I get to learn the what & how factor, as well . . . . . . . . . months, in advance.

Besides, the x64-bit iteration ships with a hereditary performance which some people choose to delude themselves as just a placebo - well, those who cannot discern the performance difference between a x64-bit and a x32-bit are living in blissful contentment arising from grave misconfigurations in their OS.

Have switched loyalties to the ESR since the Nightlies are now, no longer available for legacy Users.

I have been using the ESR version of Firefox at home, since that is what we use at work and I can use our in-house addons at home.  I also use Comodo IceDragon which is also based on the ESR release.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am using Pale Moon 28  alpha 4.  But, it is quite stable and well behaved.

• 2 weeks later...

I use Beta because is like in the middle between newer features (developers/bugs) and stability :)

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived