SOLVED: Android phone=> PC screen, FULL remote usage.

smallhagrid

smallhagrid

Addendum:

My solution will be posted below....

There's a bunch of different ways & apps for accessing your Android phone via the PC.

For example I've tried Airdroid & Snappea and found both to be rather disappointing.

I know there's one by Vmlite & Mobilego (both are paid apps) as well as the one by 3CX that used to be by Smart Dog Studio before it was bought.

There's also a plain sort of VNC server app.

What I want is to see my phone's screen on the PC screen just as it is (1:1) and to be able to use mouse/KB for control of it via USB when I am at home at my desk and the phone is in its USB cradle.

Would someone recommend the best/simplest way of getting this done, please ??

Thanks.

Edited by smallhagrid

• Replies 6
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smallhagrid

• Dodel

• AlexCross

Top Posters In This Topic

MobileGo won't help you with that, as I have it. There isn't any app that I know about that can give you the 1:1 control (similar to teamviewer experience, beside TeamViewer or similar apps) of your device on your PC. If you want to read/send SMSs, see the notifications on your desktop and control your agenda/apps(backup and so on, you can use MobileGO, but since you didn't like airdroid, which is similar to MobileGo (with the options), than there isn't any point of instaling it.

Edited by AlexCross

smallhagrid

Thank You AlexCross.

I have looked around very much and found some very cool stuff - and tried a bunch of things too.

One thing I am already liking very much is ShareKM - and though its dev appears to have forgotten it, it was picked up by some folks at XDA and fixed ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2176712&page=19 ) in a file called:

'ShareKM-1.0.21_com.liveov.skm-21_fixed.apk'

That has already solved my biggest concern which is getting better input control while at my desk with the phone in it's cradle.

A simple ctrl+win press and my mouse arrow is on the 'Droid screen all ready to go and WAY more accurate than my clumsy old fingers could EVER be !!!

I have tried a bunch of VNC servers too - but none thus far have allowed any KB/mouse control; I may try using VNC along with ShareKM in 'view only' mode...

Yet another I will try is MyMobiler - which is best gotten from their site.

I did have some good success with androidscreencast - yet another, but Java-based app whose dev is also vanished which has a well fixed version at XDA as well.

Troubles with that one made it undesirable for long-term use for me - it was very resource intensive with RAM usage gobbling more & more by the second while it was connected - and then it quit working and froze the phone for a bit until I unplugged it.

Not very useful I think - but it DID work fully for a short while for me.

Thanks.

smallhagrid

OK, got it - as good as it's likely to get, I think.

I'm using ShareKM via USB with my phone in its cradle - have its screen fully visible upon my desktop, and able to use mouse & KB.

It's right in front of me - the screen is clearer & bigger, and the only flaw is that the mouse is a bit laggy - but I can live with that !!

UltraVNC viewer using localhost:5901 after using a batch file I made that simply has this in it, from the ADB folder:

adb forward tcp:5901 tcp:5901adb forward tcp:5801 tcp:5801pause

The hardest part was finding the fixed ShareKM as mentioned up^ there already.

This all works together seamlessly, has very little resource usage (I run a monitor at all times) and I am delighted with it.

I hope this helps someone else to gain similar goodness with their Droid.

smallhagrid

PS:

I forgot to put into that last post that I'm using UltraVNC in view-only mode with Droid VNC Server=>

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.onaips.vnc&hl=en

Active on my phone along with ShareKM's app.

Using these things together was the only way I found to get its screen onto the bigger screen and have control too.

smallhagrid

Actually...just to be very clear:

I'd be interested in the latency aspect of this setup, and how you got this running (tutorial cough :p )

Since I'm only ever going to use it by direct USB I'm not sure if latency applies ??

Really all the details of what I did are in the thread too - I could maybe put it all together if it is not clear enough though...?