how to move app data to sd

shasi

hi friends I want to move app data in my micrax canvas a177 jellybean 4.2 , where I was unable to move apps to SD can any one tell the process to move app data to sd

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dcs18

• gren

• Dodel

• shasi

Top Posters In This Topic

hi friends I want to move app data in my micrax canvas a177 jellybean 4.2 , where I was unable to move apps to SD can any one tell the process to move app data to sd

First thing to be aware of is that not all apps like being moved to the SD card and this will break their functionality. Take a look on google play for an app called link2sd / app2sd :- https://play.google.com/store/search?q=link2sd

There are other similar apps that will move the apps core files and cache to SD card to give you more internal space on your handset, it does help if you phone is rooted also, as you can remove any bloat that come bundled with your phone.

First keep in mind, that not all apps / data can be moved to the SD card. Second, to move APKs, you may like to try link2sd and app2sd apps. And, to move the data "only", you can try this nice application that specifically "link folders from internal SD to external to free space" called FolderMount. It's available here on nsane: //www.nsaneforums.com/topic/220673-foldermount-premium-root-v268/?hl=%2Bfoldermount

• 4 months later...

Hi shashi bhai

Root ur phone

install titanium backup pro

then u have option to move to SD

NOTE- If u force move application then u may break widgets

Regards

can anybody guide me how i can save mobile messages in PC as every time i reset the mobile(samsung galaxy note2),everything gets deleted.

You can try Titanium Backup Pro

or

check out the SMS option on my last screenshot - you can export / import your texts from that menu.

There are many other ways, too.

can anybody guide me how i can save mobile messages in PC as every time i reset the mobile(samsung galaxy note2),everything gets deleted.

You can try Titanium Backup Pro

or

check out the SMS option on my last screenshot - you can export / import your texts from that menu.

There are many other ways, too.

Thanks for the guidance!

"sms to excel" free program is just fine and i have exported all my sms to my email then to my PC

Hate to hijack a topic, but why make a whole thread over a similar issue. I was used to doing the SD moving bit in the Settings/Apps region, where you had the lovely option "move to SD", or "Move to phone". When I upgraded from 4.1.1 to 4.2.2 just a few days ago, that option was gone. I've tried the classic App2SD, tried ROM Toolbox Pro, tried Titanium Backup - using the option pretty much removes the app completely, and it disappears from every single list.

What I have is a 1.4 GB internal storage partition, a mobile storage partition with about 1G, and a 32GB microSD card. Now I've Googled the issue, and it would seem that the new norm is to limit the SD as media storage, while the internal one is for apps and the mobile for their data? Now from what I gather, the FolderMount and Link2SD options are only for data migration, that's to say in those cases when you can't, for example, install a game with 2 gigs of data on the small phone memory partition where the data is kept. But my problem is that without moving some part of the installed app data somewhere (the part that is stored on the internal storage partition), I run out of memory to which I can install and download stuff from Google Play, and with a relatively small number of apps.

Again, I've Googled the issue, and it seems that the only way of resolving it is somehow tweaking the ROM mounting or other settings to an earlier stage when such a thing was allowed? In that case I'm pretty much scre*ed, and can only revert back to 4.1.1 :( Or is there a software solution?