"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I COULD NOT FIGURE IT OUT IN BITDEFENDER ,HOW TO BLOCK THE IPS O IT

How to block it with Bitdefender? Thanks

Quick Guide : How to add a firewall rule in Bitdefender 2015 (same for 2014 , 2013) :

-1-

Ap2mW0i.jpg

-2-

5KGvgP1.jpg

-3-

Xk2ISpV.jpg

-4-

ig3Sjic.jpg

-5-

XkgA3oi.jpg

1- Browse to select IDM program exe

2- Paste the corresponded ip

3- Set blocking type to "Outbound:

4- Specify Network Type for rule to be applied

5- Set Permission to "Deny"

That is useless. I have tried before you give

An IDM User can use some assistance from Users of the Bidefender firewall - volunteers needed . . . . . . . . . . . . . thanks. ;)

The following 2 Users of Bitdefender need some assistance with configuration:--I have a niggling feeling that those who use Bitdefender have not yet mastered their firewall rules - please feel welcome to prove me wrong. :coolwink:

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

Great job done Dukun Cabul!!! :clap:

By creating a block rule for your network adapter, I see that you have blocked (IDM + all other programs from using those IPs) - isn't it possible for the Bitdefender firewall to block Internet Download Manager (IDMan.exe) exclusively (like other firewalls?) yXZVmpE.gif

@dcs18 :hi:

i did a fresh idm install 2day

it looks like my IDM activation is holding gud with only this ip blocked - 184.173.188.104(the most important one)

my question, should i add other ip's as well or wait and monitor the progress :think:

what do u think abt this range for blocking google : 173.194.0.1 - 173.194.255.254

update: for me this range works well to block google on my pc, all the problems that i told of earlier are now solved

google is out of my life now :showoff:

i did a fresh idm install 2day

it looks like my IDM activation is holding gud with only this ip blocked - 184.173.188.104(the most important one)

:hi: rkkdjb

Yes, ATM - 184.173.188.104 is the one responsible for the server check. However, the other IPs are being recommended on an inclusive basis (one never knows when IDM might decide to rotate their IPs.)

my question, should i add other ip's as well or wait and monitor the progress :think:

It is your personal choice - however, if it is possible for you to wait and monitor the progress, you would be contributing heavily as a test subject.

what do u think abt this range for blocking google : 173.194.0.1 - 173.194.255.254

update: for me this range works well to block google on my pc, all the problems that i told of earlier are now solved

google is out of my life now :showoff:

RlW5CMh.gif

Thanks for all the feedback - it is most valuable to me.

@dcs18, Block facebook ads (beta)

31.13.79.1-137
Please post properly.

31.13.79.1-137
Please post properly.

i think this is the full range : 31.13.79.1 - 31.13.79.254 for blocking FB

31.13.79.1-137
Please post properly.

i think this is the full range : 31.13.79.1 - 31.13.79.254 for blocking FB

Nope, after 137 you won't get any host related to fb.

Sometimes i wish this method works for Directory Opus, :rofl:

Sorry, not running Directory Opus - the last time I tried, it was possible to fix that version with an hosts edit.

Did your try a blanket block rule on explorer.exe? yXZVmpE.gif

@

dcs18

bro did u try anything new like in regitering ur favourite ESET ?

any dialing home preventions so that we can use a fake serial?

regards

kantry123

@

dcs18

bro did u try anything new like in regitering ur favourite ESET ?

any dialing home preventions so that we can use a fake serial?

regards

kantry123

ATM, I am using the box, mara- Trial Reset bro. - shall give your idea a shot, though (will take some time since I would have to start from scratch after uninstalling my present setup.) bF79Bcn.gif

I suspect that validating the registration takes place from within the ESET installation, itself and not through a server check - shall find out, soon. yXZVmpE.gif

Great job done Dukun Cabul!!! :clap:

By creating a block rule for your network adapter, I see that you have blocked (IDM + all other programs from using those IPs) - isn't it possible for the Bitdefender firewall to block Internet Download Manager (IDMan.exe) exclusively (like other firewalls?) yXZVmpE.gif

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

Test working => Unable to access the home page [internetdownloadmanager.com] => Not perfect

It seems some are still stuck on using host blocks but what the fail to understand most programs now days send out data ssl encrypted data that cant be understood . You take in some countries that block sites thorough DNS like TPB many say they can access TPB by just using https instead of http. Many Programs are doing the same thing nowadays there sending SSL traffic and getting thorough the host blocks . The only way to avoid this from happening is what you guys are doing and blocking at the ip level .

regarding yamicsoft windows 8 manager,

for me the live update was blocked through this ip : 64.4.11.42

W8_M.png

now this got me interested, why r we receiving diff ips for same program(remember google blocking), is it region-based or what ?

Many programs have diffrent ips

Here are 3 Ips for PotPlayer

PotPlayer are known to collect your data , you can block these ips and still stream videos that are online..

W8_M.png

now this got me interested, why r we receiving diff ips for same program(remember google blocking), is it region-based or what ?

Strange, it cannot be region-based - did you try blocking the recommended 65.55.57.27 exclusively? yXZVmpE.gif

BTW, are you running Windows 8 Manager or Windows 7 Manager?

Many programs have diffrent ips

Here are 3 Ips for PotPlayer

PotPlayer are known to collect your data , you can block these ips and still stream videos that are online..

Great job done, steven!!! Sqcr0rM.gif

Edit:--

Post # 1 and post # 2 updated.

W8_M.png

Strange, it cannot be region-based - did you try blocking the recommended 65.55.57.27 exclusively? yXZVmpE.gif

i m running W8 Manager.

Also I was testing the ips thats why i didnt block ur recommendation have got 3 ips now only for liveupdate.exe

W8_M.png

i m running W8 Manager.

Also I was testing the ips thats why i didnt block ur recommendation have got 3 ips now only for liveupdate.exe

LiveUpdate does not always deactivate your Windows Manager - so, can you try firewalling 65.55.57.27 exclusively before LiveUpdating manually to report back on the result.

Edit 1:--

Strange, I just received a completely different IP, 134.170.184.133 - this time.

Edit 2:--

Can you post all those 3 IPs.

ips for liveupdate only

i have received all these ips even after exclusively creating ur recommended rule :)

For Ccleaner pro version:

block 108.171.164.205 to prevent license reset.

you can check for new version within ccleaner but when you click on install update, license will be reset.

With this ip blocked you can check for update but you can't install update.

For 64bit pc, block CCleaner64.exe

• Matrix locked this topic
  • Reefa unlocked this topic

Archived