"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

Let me know if you would like to sort out the issue with a couple of recommendations. yXZVmpE.gif

:yes: :rolleyes:

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can you try out the following 2 rules - now, specifically for the browser of your choice (have illustrated Firefox, here - just as an example):--

Delete your existing rule before testing the following:

WI3wp9J.png

3FW2gI0.png

Blocking those IP ranges will block google functionality completely.

That's what m saying the ip's are not blocking google completely

You can not use any of Google services with those IPs block.

With exactly those ip's blocked, i m able to browe through google search engine

Moreover, if you are signed in to nsane with gmail, Google+ etc, I guess you may have some problem in this site too.

i don't use gmail/facebook/twitter to login @nsane

Google search may be an exception. With those IPs blocked, I can't access Gmail, Youtube and Google+. That's what I confirmed. If you don't want Google search engine to be there - uninstall that. If you don't want www.google.co.in to load - block these 3 IPs

And block www.google.com using these IPs

Can you try out the following 2 rules - now, specifically for the browser of your choice (have illustrated Firefox, here - just as an example):--

Delete your existing rule before testing the following

Deleted and created the rules, still the problem persists, no effect whatsoever facing the same situation as in the begining.

Google search may be an exception. With those IPs blocked, I can't access Gmail, Youtube and Google+. That's what I confirmed. If you don't want Google search engine to be there - uninstall that. If you don't want www.google.co.in to load - block these 3 IPs

If i m correct,these ip addresses are already included in the range as defined by dcs18 for blocking google,plz correct me if i m wrong

hence the rule should be blocking these by default

Delete your existing rule before testing the following

Deleted and created the rules, still the problem persists, no effect whatsoever facing the same situation as in the begining.

OK, alright - can you now without making any changes to the firewall rule, just disable all the add-on temporarily (for testing purposes only.)

Please restart the browser and confirm whether the issue persists (hope you are using the same browser as audited in your firewall.)

OK, alright - can you now without making any changes to the firewall rule, just disable all the add-on temporarily (for testing purposes only.)

Please restart the browser and confirm whether the issue persists (hope you are using the same browser as audited in your firewall.)

Disabled but still no effect.

have only 1 browser atm and the rules were created accordingly.

btw disabling addons highlighted the fact that ur signature needs updation :hehe:

Are you using some server based block such as AdMuncher - perhaps, AdGuard (if yes, did you try disabling the same.) yXZVmpE.gif

Are you using some server based block such as AdMuncher - perhaps, AdGuard (if yes, did you try disabling the same.) yXZVmpE.gif

Admuncher -no

Any other block - No

Adguard - not the program, only web extension addon which was disabled when u asked to disabled addons

atm all my addons r disabled

You might not have forgotten to restart the browser after disabling all the add-ons - would you? yXZVmpE.gif

You might not have forgotten to restart the browser after disabling all the add-ons - would you? yXZVmpE.gif

lol not only restarted the browser but also the system as well

If possible, do post the screenshots for your browser just as you did at post # 347.

screenshot of what all windows/options of browser do u want ?

If possible, do post the screenshots for your browser just as you did at post # 347.

screenshot of what all windows do u want ?

The same firewall rules as you had posted at post # 347.

main firewall window

image.png

allow rule

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

block rule

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

browser

image.png

image.png

I was looking around the advanced preferences in uTorrent. I found these entries pertaining to updates,

btapps.auto_update_btapps, / btapps.auto_update_btinstalls / silent_auto_updates / silent_auto_updates_autorestart

I set everything that said offers or updates to false. I also deleted a file that had offers in its name. Restarted uTorrent, and noticed it turned to Plus. :rolleyes:

Really?

Wow

How to do that?

@ rkkdjd

Great job done!!! F3h9xqz.gif

The only points, I am not yet fully satisfied with your settings are pointed out at the following illustrations.

image.png

image.png

At both the above instances, can you use the Browse button to navigate to your Pale Moon executable so that the final field looks like C:\Program Files instead of %ProgramFiles%.

@ rkkdjd

Great job done!!! F3h9xqz.gif

The only points, I am not yet fully satisfied with your settings are pointed out at the following illustrations.

image.png

image.png

At both the above instances, can you use the Browse button to navigate to your Pale Moon executable so that the final field looks like C:\Program Files instead of %ProgramFiles%.

its rkkdjb :P

well thats how windows firewall does it in the default way , i will try and configure the rule according to ur suggestion manually.

ok did as directed manually entered the program path so that it appears in 'C:\Program Files' format and not in '%rogram Files%', disabled addons, restarted browser but still no effect :uhuh:

Hmmm . . . . . . . at this point, have run out of ideas - wondering why that firewall range works fine for me and rudrax but, fails for you. yXZVmpE.gif

The only differences are -

• You are running Pale Moon - we are using Firefox
  • Your are using Windows Firewall - we are running the same (only, through Windows Firewall Control.)

Hmmm . . . . . . . at this point, have run out of ideas - wondering why that firewall range works fine for me and rudrax but, fails for you. yXZVmpE.gif

The only differences are -

• You are running Pale Moon - we are using Firefox
  • Your are using Windows Firewall - we are running the same (only, through Windows Firewall Control.)

ok so atm i will disable the rule and let google delve into my life :P

Unfortunately, did all possible troubleshooting - without seeing (and feeling) your remote setup. h4CvlGL.gif

Unfortunately, did all possible troubleshooting - without seeing (and feeling) your remote setup. h4CvlGL.gif

its ok maybe its just me and my system that r an exception(they say exceptions r always there :P ),lets wait 4 reviews from other users

thanx for all ur help :)

If i m correct,these ip addresses are already included in the range as defined by dcs18 for blocking google,plz correct me if i m wrong

hence the rule should be blocking these by default

I think they are not present in the IP range provided by dcs18. If they were there, there's no way that google search can load.

I'm suffering from viral ferver and cold right now. I'll look further into this after getting well. I'm also gathering IPs that are responsible for loading ads in web pages. After completion I'll give them to dcs18 and he will do the rest.

• Matrix locked this topic
  • Reefa unlocked this topic

Archived