"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Zarko...test and after ....drag a conclusion, y`m a eset user 8 years , but panda 2015 with the new engine is the best ...please test and after laughing. :wtf:

OMG OMG already answered to you in PM :**

Panda Internet Security 2015

Review: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2464138,00.asp?kc=PCRSS05079TX1K0000992

• Pros Excellent scores in hands-on antivirus tests and independent lab tests. Speedy install. Useful bonus features. Blocks unauthorized access to your data files.
  • Cons Firewall failed Web-based tests, can be disabled by malware. Rudimentary parental control.

• Bottom Line The best part of Panda Internet Security 2015 is the antivirus protection, but the company offers that for free. Other suite features like firewall and parental control don't come up to the same standard.

:D

The problem is with my EMSISOFT ONLINE ARMOUR firewall. I don't know how to properly set the necessary rules in it

Read first 5 pages of this loooooong thread and didn't find any instructions as to Emsisoft OA.

Can't read all 44 pages though !!

BUT MAY BE THERE IS SOME KIND & HELPFUL PERSON WHO COULD GUIDE ME WITH OA RULES, PLEASE ? :unsure:

May be you can go deep inside read instructions to block IP's within Online Armor.

Read carefully on Restrictiions Tab

http://help.emsisoft.com/oa/Firewall.shtml#blacklists

I think, procedures basically same as Windows Firewall Control on Page 1.

Hope helps, since I am not using OA.

Privatefirewall worked like a charm in an XP SP3 VM for blocking ips I been looking for something light that worked for xp .

Indeed. It works with XP SP3. Simply interface to block IPs /Sites and straight within main GUI.

The problem is with my EMSISOFT ONLINE ARMOUR firewall. I don't know how to properly set the necessary rules in it

Read first 5 pages of this loooooong thread and didn't find any instructions as to Emsisoft OA.

BUT MAY BE THERE IS SOME KIND & HELPFUL PERSON WHO COULD GUIDE ME WITH OA RULES, PLEASE ? :unsure:

May be you can go deep inside read instructions to block IP's within Online Armor.

I tried (in VMware) this firewall , but I didn`t have those options to block certain IP-s ... (maybe are available in the full version - paid ?? )

-> this is what they show as an option available (?!?) on the help link you provided (http://help.emsisoft.com/oa/Firewall.shtml#blacklists) :

Ew5NQN0l.pngVS8j3dOl.png

-> this what I had on my install :

7sC6qtVl.pngZicTysDl.png

i installed IDM 6.21 build 2 and as suggested make kaspersky 2015 fire walled by putting certain ips suggested on first page by dcs18. everything was going smooth. but one day i downloaded and installed IDM 6.21 build 5. now IDM is showing fake registration message and doesn't work. i think there is other ips that IDM uses for dialing home.

i installed IDM 6.21 build 2 and as suggested make kaspersky 2015 fire walled by putting certain ips suggested on first page by dcs18. everything was going smooth. but one day i downloaded and installed IDM 6.21 build 5. now IDM is showing fake registration message and doesn't work. i think there is other ips that IDM uses for dialing home.

yeah..thats y i've shifted to trial reset

Thank you sirri, so much.

I'm rather new user of OA (3 weeks) and have never got to the online help before (my bad).

The second point is also - I didn't notice, there was a possibility to switch to Advanced Mode in Status tab (very small letters - easy to omit).

I'm going to try blocking IDM IP's now, but looks like the given IP list is insufficient and not complete ( according to post # 887 and 888). Pity !

I tried (in VMware) this firewall , but I didn`t have those options to block certain IP-s ... (maybe are available in the full version - paid ?? )

-> this is what they show as an option available (?!?) on the help link you provided (http://help.emsisoft.com/oa/Firewall.shtml#blacklists) :

@ AlienForce1

During OA installation you are given an option to try the full (payed) version for 1 month, for free.

If I remember well, that is even a default setting. Maybe not, though - cause your screenshots show you've got a true free (limited) version ! :(

However, most of the premium functions of OA are presented in ADVANCED MODE only.

But a switch to that mode (and banking mode !) is hardly to be spotted.

Just look below (note, that we are in STATUS, not Firewall tab).

post-78820-0-04008600-1409147976_thumb.j

how to control android apps updating themself..am using noroot firewall..but android apps updating themselves...

Root your phone for full firewall functionality. Aftr rooting use AFWALL + donate version from mobile app section . Configure the programs access. Keep auto sync in off mode and sync at will.

how to control android apps updating themselves..am using noroot firewall..but android apps updating themselves...

Root your phone for full firewall functionality. Aftr rooting use AFWALL + donate version from mobile app section . Configure the programs access. Keep auto sync in off mode and sync at will , for saving bandwidth .

Control android apps updating ; Here is how that is done:

On your Android device, open the Google Play Store application.

If you are not on the front, go back to it.

Here you need to tap on the Hamburger icon in the top left corner of the screen.

Select settings from the menu that opens up.

Tap on auto-update apps to display three options: do not auto-update apps, auto-update apps at any time, or auto-update apps over Wi-Fi only.

Select do not auto-update apps.

This blocks application updates from being downloaded and installed automatically on the device. You will still receive notifications about updates and can run them manually at any time.

If you do not want to disable automatic updates for all apps, you can disable them for individual apps instead. To do so, visit the application's page on Google Play, tap on the three dots menu at the top and uncheck the auto-update option that is displayed there.

Control updates before you install them

Now that you have disabled the auto-update feature, you may want to control the permissions of each application before you allow it to be updated.

This is done by clicking on the apps' name in the update notification or by opening its store page manually. Here you need to scroll all the way down until you find permissions under additional information. Tap on the view details link to display the permissions.

All new permissions are highlighted so that you know exactly what is new and what is not.

FW blocking still holds for me .. Im using WFC and blocking in windows 8.1 FW .. ATM so far have had success blocking IPs with 2 different methods FW or using IPSec with Internet Download Manager 6.21x series since build one . The only limitations I found so far that you cant use with proxies in the proxies/socks part of IDM and If you use a VM best to use a cure for it as well .

@ AlienForce1

During OA installation you are given an option to try the full (payed) version for 1 month, for free.

If I remember well, that is even a default setting. Maybe not, though - cause your screenshots show you've got a true free (limited) version ! :(

However, most of the premium functions of OA are presented in ADVANCED MODE only.

But a switch to that mode (and banking mode !) is hardly to be spotted.

Just look below (note, that we are in STATUS, not Firewall tab).

I presumed that you use the free version of Online Armor - to use the full (paid) version you have to put in a working key (or buy the program ... :) )

I presumed that you use the free version of Online Armor - to use the full (paid) version you have to put in a working key (or buy the program ... :) )

You were perfectly right, and your advise stays actual all the time !

Literally my intention was using a free version of OA (a full paid version is active for the first month only).

Sirii's post helped me find nice advanced features of paid OA, but in fact it is of little value for me, since I'll loose them quite quickly, when the trial period is over.

The situation could change if I got to know about any available keys / cracks for Online Armour firewall.

Hey, nSaners, can you help me ? :beg: :beg: :beg: :please:

I'm running Windows XP Pro SP3 (x86) with COMODO Firewall 5.12 freeware, an older version firewall, using the list of 22 ip's to block and it works perfectly. If that list ever stops working, for some reason, I'll go back to using the longtime working "Internet.Download.Manager.v6.x.x.Patch.MERRY.CHRISTMAS-REiS" patcher which has always worked because it not only patches IDMan.exe but IDMGrHlp.exe too. Most of the other patchers only patch IDM.exe only and is why they are easily defeated by the developer, IMO.

I'm running Windows XP Pro SP3 (x86) with COMODO Firewall 5.12 freeware, an older version firewall, using the list of 22 ip's to block and it works perfectly. If that list ever stops working, for some reason, I'll go back to using the longtime working "Internet.Download.Manager.v6.x.x.Patch.MERRY.CHRISTMAS-REiS" patcher which has always worked because it not only patches IDMan.exe but IDMGrHlp.exe too. Most of the other patchers only patch IDM.exe only and is why they are easily defeated by the developer, IMO.

If blocking IPs ever stop working your going need more than that patch..we all will need new medicine if that ever happens ..blocking ips have been working all along thorough 100s of patches . ;)

I seen patches last a very long time but always they always get defeated down the road but blocking ips have not .

I had used IP blocks before in like 2008 or 2009 with COMODO Firewall before Cheif Res told us how to do it. but host blocks witch worked well for years tell started they started using ssl traffic so i used that method instead .

Well Back in June I had trouble registering on a clean install with host blocks unless i turned my internet off .

This is what I found wrong with host blocks read page 5 onward

//www.nsaneforums.com/topic/221281-internet-download-manager-620/page-5

When I 1st brought forth the proposition in June that host blocks had holes in them and we should block ips instead everyone thought I was nuts. :lol:

Many programs have diffrent ips

Here are 3 Ips for PotPlayer

PotPlayer are known to collect your data , you can block these ips and still stream videos that are online..

Pot Player doesn't need internet access to function, so isn't it just simpler to block PP completely ?

That way one can still download updates from the vendor site easily.

there's something wrong at your end. If you use any patches before, then you MUST clean any registry traces left behind completely. I faced same problem when I started use IP's method.

Finally I went through a whole procedure : blocked all 22 IP's in OA firewall, uninstalled old patched IDM version with Revo, did cleaning with IDM Cleaner.BAT (run as admin), installed brand new idman621build7 (from vendor site) and registered with one of keys found on nSane.

Result : IDM registered with a FAKE key !!! :( :( :(

Is there anybody here for whom this method works with built7 ??? :s

there's something wrong at your end. If you use any patches before, then you MUST clean any registry traces left behind completely. I faced same problem when I started use IP's method.

Sirri, I ran IDM Cleaner.BAT as admin, then rebooted - what can I do more ?

EDIT

I repeated the whole procedure from the previous post once more and a result is any better.

The only difference - I used new - self generated - key.

Now I can confirm Sirri's diagnose that the problem is on my end, since IDM stated the key was fake instantly after installing / registering, still in OFFLINE MODE.

So IP blocking has nothing to do with the problem.

OK, BUT I STILL NEED HELP : :rant:

HOW TO GET RID OF THOSE STUBBORN REMNANTS ? IDM Cleaner.BAT seems not be sufficient.

Sirri, how you did it ?

Sirii, I ran IDM Cleaner.BAT as admin, then rebooted - what can I do more ?

EDIT

I repeated the whole procedure from the previous post once more and a result is any better.

But now I can confirm Sirii's diagnose that the problem is on my end, since IDM stated the key was fake instantly after installing / registering, still in OFFLINE MODE.

So IP blocking has nothing to do with the problem.

OK, BUT I STILL NEED HELP : :rant:

HOW TO GET READ OF THOSE STUBBORN REMNANTS ? IDM Cleaner.BAT seems not be sufficient.

Finally I went through a whole procedure : blocked all 22 IP's in OA firewall, uninstalled old patched IDM version with Revo, did cleaning with IDM Cleaner.BAT (run as admin), installed brand new idman621build7 (from vendor site) and registered with one of keys found on nSane.

Result : IDM registered with a FAKE key !!! :( :( :(

Is there anybody here for whom this method works with built7 ??? :s

Why don't u guyz use idm trial reset and it also unregisteres ur idm in case u get a fake serial popup

I've posted in software chat section

• Matrix locked this topic
  • Reefa unlocked this topic

Archived