"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

Oh yes, the Tracking Protection has been seen on the beta release for quite some time. ;)

Is it faster than ABP? :think:
Since I use only my own custom Filters and Rules, there does not seem to be any overlap between the native Block Lists and mine, so far — hence, only time will tell. :dunno:
So u not using this feature? :o

I am using it — there has been no opportunity to test its speed against Adblock Plus (in terms of speed.)

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh yes, the Tracking Protection has been seen on the beta release for quite some time. ;)

Is it faster than ABP? :think:
Since I use only my own custom Filters and Rules, there does not seem to be any overlap between the native Block Lists and mine, so far — hence, only time will tell. :dunno:
So u not using this feature? :o
I am using it — there has been no opportunity to test its speed against Adblock Plus (in terms of speed.)
Why not check in ABP log? If it is blocking the trackers or not....or is it the security tab under developer tools which is acting first and showing it as blocking the trackers? :think:

In my case, Adblock Plus acts quicker than even the native Block Lists — check out the evidence at the first screenshot of post # 4144.

It is now Business Calendar 2 Pro 2.8.5

and

WhatsApp Messenger 2.12.373

and

X-plore File Manager 3.76.07

and

Truecaller 6.31

dcs18 what program you use to capture screenshots?

Check out post # 2080. 8)

Weird :) because it seams the screen-shots of the installation you took using FastoneCapture that is a very light and good screen capture software :lol:

Weird :) because it seams the screen-shots of the installation you took using FastoneCapture that is a very light and good screen capture software :lol:

I had installed SnagIt and Hypersnap in his system for screen capturing.

Nope, all my screenshots here (at nSane) were made with Techsmith SnagitFastStone Screen Capture is too tame, for my needs.

At other sites, I also use HyperSnap.

UUMXmjz.png

If this is to be taken into account ABP is slower.....the earlier beta 6 version maynot have that tracking protection or prolly disabled. :think:

You got the wrong screenshot and seem to have neglected to take into account the fact that Adblock Plus was getting partially disabled on the Beta 7 as mentioned in the same post (and also reproduced below):—

Some components of Adblock Plus do not work with Firefox 43 Beta 7:—

Nope, all my screenshots here (at nSane) were made with Techsmith Snagit FastStone Screen Capture is too tame, for my needs.

At other sites, I also use HyperSnap.

@asf,I told you :D

UUMXmjz.png

If this is to be taken into account ABP is slower.....the earlier beta 6 version maynot have that tracking protection or prolly disabled. :think:
You got the wrong screenshot and seem to have neglected to take into account the fact that Adblock Plus was getting partially disabled on the Beta 7 as mentioned in the same post (and also reproduced below):—

What about beta 8? :naughty:

I'm already on Beta 9Adblock Plus is undoubtedly catching the elements quicker than Tracking Protection, for me. ^_^

UUMXmjz.png

What about beta 8? :naughty:

I'm already on Beta 9Adblock Plus is undoubtedly catching the elements quicker than Tracking Protection, for me. ^_^

so u dont see that tracking protect. icon coming up next to website icon info? :think:

Never — unless, Adblock Plus is disabled (for some reason or the other.)

Never — unless, Adblock Plus is disabled (for some reason or the other.)

It looks like i found a bug in adguard beta...now just need to see if its a real bug or its bcuz of my activation trick before i report it.

thanx for all the help. :)

On your system, does Tracking Protection block faster than Adguard? :Think:

also has there been a newer version of ABP after the prev buggy one?

Adblock Plus was not the one buggy — it was that damned Firefox e10s on the Beta 7 that was the culprit.

Adblock Plus was not the one buggy — it was that damned Firefox e10s on the Beta 7 that was the culprit.

But it is their responsibility to keep pace with the development.....in the nightly versions, i can't even open the advanced options.... :(

e10s was announced way back and in practice in the nightly versions since the late v30s builds....so dunno how it messed up, it was working grt on e10s b4....

Mozilla is ramping up their multi-process e10s — it works fine till Beta 6.

I am sure Adblock Plus would manage to overcome the hiatus — recently, they had another hiccup.

It is now Root Call Blocker Pro 2.5.3.12.B68 — the best SMS + call blocker (for Android) that I have ever used. F3h9xqz.gif

Yesterday, Adblock Plus received 2 back-to-back beta updates which are rocking — Element Hiding Helper for Adblock Plus is seeing its best days ever after the 1.3.5 release (beta, of course.) ^_^

Have made a shift to ABP+EHH now....looks like the bugs we were talking about yday and before have been dealt with now. :D

Yesterday, Adblock Plus received 2 back-to-back beta updates which are rocking — Element Hiding Helper for Adblock Plus is seeing its best days ever after the 1.3.5 release (beta, of course.) ^_^

any improvement in memory improvemts?

i mean i know abot the FIREMIN but without it whats the memory consumption?

regards

regards

Memory consumption was a Firefox bug which Mozilla fixed, recently — now, there is no difference with / without Adblock Plus . . . . . . with / without Firemin. ;)

regards

BTW, a sparrow whispers to me that you are stuck with uBlock — is that true? :naughty:

regards

BTW, a sparrow whispers to me that you are stuck with uBlock — is that true? :naughty:

hahahah that sparrow adviced me to use uB+Adguard Filters!!!

been trying for a while now , AG for Windows is actually slowing mY internet and takes almost 5 second to open nsane while uB takes 2 seconds

temporarily discarded AG for a while until the Ag v6 final build is out..!!

thats y using uB+AG filters

will try ABP thats y curious abt memory

regards

• Matrix locked this topic
  • Reefa unlocked this topic

Archived