"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

I can get a 120 GB SATA II 3 Gbps piece under my budget but I want performance not size.

My budget for SSD is tight 3.5K.

These two points do not complement each other. :angry:

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can get a 120 GB SATA II 3 Gbps piece under my budget but I want performance not size.

My budget for SSD is tight 3.5K.

These two points do not complement each other. :angry:
My budget is tight 3.5K for SSD. Forget about 3Gbps SSD. I want a 6 Gbps SSD. The one I posted in my previous post is a 6Gbps SSD from Kingston. But it's dramatically cheaper than other relevant 120 GB SSDs. That's why I want your opinion whether to buy this or not. A 60 or 64 GB is also fine for me.

Since you do not intend to overclock, you won't so easily be discerning much of a performance hike resulting from your RAM, Motherboard or even your CPU — whatever speed you will perceive would rather be due to the low-end laptop that you have been using all these years.

However, the component we are discussing now (SDD) is gonna be instrumental for the biggest bang per rupee — to a degree in fact, far higher than any other component of your proposed hardware specifications.

I suggest not cutting corners on this one — my choice of SSD is very easy and clear (in terms of performance, size and most importantly reliability.)

ps:—

If you still insist on compromising on your SSD, I can point-out another Motherboard to replace the Asrock B85M Pro4 Motherboard (will save you about Rs. 1,500/- and partnering the G3258 would last you around a couple of years . . . . . . . . . . fingers crossed.) :pope:

Since you do not intend to overclock, you won't so easily be discerning much of a performance hike resulting from your RAM, Motherboard or even your CPU whatever speed you will perceive would rather be due to the low-end laptop that you have been using all these years.

However, the component we are discussing now (SDD) is gonna be instrumental for the biggest bang per rupee to a degree in fact, far higher than any other component of your proposed hardware specifications.

I suggest not cutting corners on this one my choice of SSD is very easy and clear (in terms of performance, size and most importantly reliability.)

ps:

If you still insist on compromising on your SSD, I can point-out another Motherboard to replace the Asrock B85M Pro4 Motherboard (will save you about Rs. 1,500/- and partnering the G3258 would last you around a couple of years . . . . . . . . . . fingers crossed.) :pope:

Every buck it saves, I can contribute for the GPU. The components you suggested will cost me 30-35K (excluding the GPU). My budget just allows me to contain under 25K margin. The GPU will be indipendent of the budget as I can delay the purchase of it for a couple of month.

So, I can't afford a 5K SSD. Suggest me a piece that's restricted under 3.5K and reliable. And also suggest me the MoBo that will help me save another 1.5K.

As I have already said, this isn't my dream machine :spank:

Every buck it saves, I can contribute for the GPU. The components you suggested will cost me 30-35K (excluding the GPU). My budget just allows me to contain under 25K margin. The GPU will be indipendent of the budget as I can delay the purchase of it for a couple of month.

Since you are not gonna be overclocking, why is so much importance being attached ATM, to the GPU?

Where is this calculation of 30-35k coming from?

So, I can't afford a 5K SSD. Suggest me a piece that's restricted under 3.5K and reliable.

I don't see a reliable SSD under 5 grands that delivers anywhere close to the performance and the space.

And also suggest me the MoBo that will help me save another 1.5K.

ASRock H91M-PLUS — your G3258 can turn it into a nightmare sooner or later.

Since you are not gonna be overclocking, why is so much importance being attached ATM, to the GPU?

Where is this calculation of 30-35k coming from?

So, I can't afford a 5K SSD. Suggest me a piece that's restricted under 3.5K and reliable.

I don't see a reliable SSD under 5 grands that delivers anywhere close to the performance and the space.

And also suggest me the MoBo that will help me save another 1.5K.

ASRock H91M-PLUS your G3258 can turn it into a nightmare sooner or later.

Alright. May be I'm not good at estimating budget. OK, I'm giving you 25K margin. Show me your suggested config in that margin including Monitor (GPU excluded).

Wellington Britto
Hi guys!

I wanted to ask about alternatives for AdwCleaner & Ultra Adware Killer, Adware programs.

Do you know alternatives best?

Thanks in advance to all.

Hi guys!

I wanted to ask about alternatives for AdwCleaner & Ultra Adware Killer, Adware programs.

Do you know alternatives best?

Thanks in advance to all.

Most folks might advise you against falling for the lame duck / mischievous monkey trap — personally, I don't use anything extra to prevents ads. (other than Adblock Plus for Firefox.) :)

Ok. We will see at the end when the assembly is complete.

This is just a approximate shortlist - before making the purchasing we shall get into serious benchmarking research. ;)

"Bring Back The Option Of Disabling Automatic Update In Windows 10"

Lm9E9f9.png

Shouldn't it be set to Disabled on Win10 Pro and below?

"If the status for this policy is set to Disabled, any updates that are available on Windows Update must be downloaded and installed manually. To do this, search for Windows Update using Start."

Rather than Enabled/Allow local admin?

"With this option, local administrators will be allowed to use the Windows Update control panel to select a configuration option of their choice."

I don't have Win10 installed but if they are saying you can't choose which updates to install in Pro and under, I would think that the Windows Update control panel in Win10 wouldn't have the option to disable auto update in order to let you manually select.

"Bring Back The Option Of Disabling Automatic Update In Windows 10"

Lm9E9f9.png

Shouldn't it be set to Disabled on Win10 Pro and below?

"If the status for this policy is set to Disabled, any updates that are available on Windows Update must be downloaded and installed manually. To do this, search for Windows Update using Start."

Rather than Enabled/Allow local admin?

"With this option, local administrators will be allowed to use the Windows Update control panel to select a configuration option of their choice."

I don't have Win10 installed but if they are saying you can't choose which updates to install in Pro and under, I would think that the Windows Update control panel in Win10 wouldn't have the option to disable auto update in order to let you manually select.

Well yes, the Group Policy can be used to directly disable Windows Update — however, that was not the purpose of this tutorial. :)

The actual purpose was to just bring back the option to disable Automatic Update which is missing in Windows Update, as illustrated below:—

dtvLQgv.png

The additional option would now allow even lay people to exercise their choice through the GUI of Windows 10, itself instead of being forced to use the Group Policy — personally though, I would have preferred to set my configuration at both (and more, if possible.) 8)

So what is the next component that you are looking for?

Today i have "fake serial" in my IDM .

I block IDM via K.I.S 2015 firewall method .

I found and delete the Visual Protect 3.5+ key .

I run IDM_Cleaner and put a new serial and now all OK .

What happened maybe new IP ?

Which component is left? yXZVmpE.gif
VDU

CAB

UPS

Which component is left? yXZVmpE.gif
VDU

CAB

UPS

I have suggested you a Motherboard which does not force you to buy the GPU immediately — unlike some other Motherboards, it ships with all 3 modes of interconnection already built-in:—

NXhlWCG.png

As for the case and UPS, you can now scrooge on your bucks and cut corners, as per your taste.

VDU = Visual Display Unit (bole toh, monitor mamu)

GPU is not the part of equation. Let it rest in peace.

For UPS I have one from APC, 600VA http://m.snapdeal.com/product/apc-bx600ciin-ups/1572142975?tag=(Cheapest one availavle from the brand) @2.5K and one from V-Guard, 600VA http://m.snapdeal.com/product/v-guard-slender-600va-ups/1273167253 @2K

Which one of these you think I should buy?

For the CAB, I'm looking for as small as possible. Can you help me find one?

• Matrix locked this topic
  • Reefa unlocked this topic

Archived