"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As far as Zenfone firmware is concerned - SKU matters.

Yes, we have same SKUs - WW.

Hey what does he mean by set the files permission to "rw-r-r-"? In X-plore I can see read, write and execute. how to relate this with "rw-r-r-"?

BTW, Lollipop is made available for us :dance:

Hey what does he mean by set the files permission to "rw-r-r-"? In X-plore I can see read, write and execute. how to relate this with "rw-r-r-"

Didn't you manage to understand the file permission from my screenshot . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . RW = Read Write, and R = Read.

Hey what does he mean by set the files permission to "rw-r-r-"? In X-plore I can see read, write and execute. how to relate this with "rw-r-r-"

Didn't you manage to understand the file permission from my screenshot . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . RW = Read Write, and R = Read.
You mean to say that I have to assign the permissions exactly the way you did to your alarm clock file in the screenshot?

You mean to say that I have to assign the permissions exactly the way you did to your alarm clock file in the screenshot?

Yes, that is the (restricted) permission attributed by the ROM to system files, by default - to ensure stability (I have not set that permission.)

@dcs18, can you please enable your PM. I'm having a totally unexpected error.

What exactly are you trying to do . . . . . . . . . and, what is the error?

I have copied fresh copies of the required 4 files from my bro's phone and place them in my phone. Then I have moved the identical 4 copies of the files (the ones in my system that are modified by Xposed) to the SD card (in case I need them). Then I tried to move the fresh copies to the required place but "access denied". Then I realised that the permissions for the files must be changed before moving them. I long pressed on one of those files and in the menu there is no "permission" option shown. I can't even move the old 4 copies that I have placed in the SD card - access denied. Now, in this situation if I reboot my device, it may get bricked.

What I have tried so far -

Reinstalled X-plore - not working.

Then I have moved the identical 4 copies of the files (the ones in my system that are modified by Xposed) to the SD card (in case I need them).

Now, in this situation if I reboot my device, it may get bricked.

It is advisable to use copy instead of move - reduces the chances of bricking your device, at reboot.

Then I realised that the permissions for the files must be changed before moving them.

Nope, permissions need to be changed (if required) after - not before copying the files into your “/System/Framework” directory.

Reinstalled X-plore - not working.

X-plore is not the culprit - just re-confirm whether you have a full-fledged root.

I did a full fledged root from the link that you have redirected me. It's working fine and the "permissions" option was showing up few moments earlier before I moved the files to SD card. Then suddenly on the main operation time the "permissions" option vanished from the list dramatically.

I doubt, somehow, the system had interfered with the root access. Is there a way to restore the root without restaring the phone?

Why don't you use the ASUS feature you were talking about:--

Thankfully, asus has provided "reboot to previous firmware v2.21.xx.xxxx" option after failing to instal the OTA update during boot which saved my day. This update is said to update my firmware version to 2.22.xx.xxxx.

Why don't you use the ASUS feature you were talking about:--

Thankfully, asus has provided "reboot to previous firmware v2.21.xx.xxxx" option after failing to instal the OTA update during boot which saved my day. This update is said to update my firmware version to 2.22.xx.xxxx.

This is the last thing that I'm gonna try if everything else fails. I'm not sure on what circumstances asus provides the recovery option. If I reboot and asus don't find those core files, it may brick my device.

And. now I uninstalled X-plore to do a fresh instal but when I try to instal, it says "app not installed" and yes it's not installed.

This is the last thing that I'm gonna try if everything else fails. I'm not sure on what circumstances asus provides the recovery option. If I reboot and asus don't find those core files, it may brick my device.

Why don't you just boot into TWRP and restore you system to a previous backup.

Yes - you evidently seems to have lost root privileges on your device.

Did you try navigating to your root folders using Wondershare MobileGo?

Tried it to instal X-plore. Can't connect. Starts connecting and then stuck forever.

What TWRP? I never have created backup with that or ant other else.

Tried it to instal X-plore. Can't connect. Starts connecting and then stuck forever.

Just quit BayWatching with your darned X-plore - did you try navigating to your root folders using Wondershare MobileGo, instead?

What TWRP? I never have created backup with that or ant other else.

TWRP - the basic objective of gaining root privilege (brings you the power of a custom recovery - as you want to . . . . . . . not how ASUS wants you to.)

Look what happens when you don't pay attention to sage advice.

Yes, root is gone

9288.jpg

Can I do a factory reset in this scenario?

9287.jpg

<p>

I keep telling you to desist from an in-place upgrade and to use the full and clean install, instead - but, you have never been paying heed to that:--

The anecdotal example:--

Alright, the mistakes has been done.

Now what are the options left for me to choose from?

I keep telling you to desist from an in-place upgrade and to use the full and clean install, instead - but, you have never been paying heed to that:--

Do you agree to the protocol at post # 14?

Do you agree to the protocol at post # 14?
:yes:

• Matrix locked this topic
  • Reefa unlocked this topic

Archived